Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 2 Feb 2012, 07:57 (Ref:3020120)   #701
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Japanese Samurai View Post
Sports-carracing.net says that Dome contracted with Nicolas Minassian and Sebastien Bourdais.

http://www.sports-carracing.net/2012...120202special1
That article talks about a full season WEC participation. Will the car be ready for Sebring?
Old 2 Feb 2012, 07:58 (Ref:3020121)   #702
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
If it's a full WEC campaign, then the thread name should be "Dome S102 development started, then ended, then started again".
Old 2 Feb 2012, 08:06 (Ref:3020124)   #703
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwyllion View Post
That article talks about a full season WEC participation. Will the car be ready for Sebring?
The article on the Dome website only talks about Spa and Le Mans.
Old 2 Feb 2012, 08:09 (Ref:3020126)   #704
jc_nl
Racer

Netherlands
Dedemsvaart
jc_nl should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
Really did not see that coming. Hopefully it's confirmed by the ACO as well later on today. And TWO S102s? Wow.

I'm already imagining that car in the blue-white-pea green of Pescarolo. Stop me, I'm getting over-excited.
Reading the new item on the dome website:http://www.dome.co.jp/e/news/news120202e.html

It seems there will be 1 Dome, only at LM. With a unconventional testing program, they are focusing on lap times, not durability.
Old 2 Feb 2012, 08:16 (Ref:3020129)   #705
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
If it's a full WEC campaign, then the thread name should be "Dome S102 development started, then ended, then started again".
Done, regardless of a full WEC campaign!
Old 2 Feb 2012, 08:29 (Ref:3020132)   #706
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kurski View Post
The good news, if true.
Quote:
DRIVER
Nicolas Minassian (フランス)
Sebastien Bourdais (フランス)
http://www.dome.co.jp/news/news/dt_111.html
Old 2 Feb 2012, 08:48 (Ref:3020135)   #707
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
This really is one of those 'fairytale' pieces of news we regularly wish for during silly season on this forum......just extraordinary, and I'd (personally) heard not a whisper about it, I'm in complete shock (in a good way, of course)!
Old 2 Feb 2012, 08:51 (Ref:3020137)   #708
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Participation in Spa and LeMans according to their site. I guess one car, with Seb and Minassian. I hope they stick around and do Fuji at least. That has to be on their minds, with the Japanese fans obviously siding with them and Toyota. Also love that they're using RAYS wheels!
Old 2 Feb 2012, 08:59 (Ref:3021175)   #709
Japanese Samurai
Veteran

Japan
Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!
Sports-carracing.net's report

*Judd DB engine has short full length 10cm compared with GV engine. It became possible to set F/R weight distribution of Dome S102.5 to 50:50 by this. It is also possible to increase the load of a front further calculatively. Weight distribution of S102.5 is a top secret.
*Japanese driver is the excellent SGT driver which everyone knows.
Old 2 Feb 2012, 09:04 (Ref:3020141)   #710
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
Participation in Spa and LeMans according to their site. I guess one car, with Seb and Minassian.
And one Japanese driver.

I am a bit disappointed that Dome is more interesting in showing good qualifying pace than in finishing the race. I can understand their reasoning that they are using Le Mans as a show case of their engineering ability, but still...
Old 2 Feb 2012, 09:26 (Ref:3020155)   #711
Japanese Samurai
Veteran

Japan
Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!
English version is here.
http://www.dome.co.jp/e/news/news120202e.html
Old 2 Feb 2012, 09:30 (Ref:3020160)   #712
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
So happy to see this deal come off. Always wanted to see this car in the flesh.
Old 2 Feb 2012, 09:43 (Ref:3020164)   #713
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
This will attract some French fans!
Really really good news, and nice to see Henri back where he belongs, as an actual competitive Dark Horse!
Old 2 Feb 2012, 09:44 (Ref:3020166)   #714
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
If Pescarolo get a hold of it before LeMans, they may still be reliable enough to finish the 24 hours. But showing the capabilities over one lap pace still intrigues me. The drivers are a good choice to show off that pace as well. Confirmed that it'll be one car as well. In the Pescarolo thread with the rumors of running an Aston Martin as well as this Dome, I guess one car finishing won't be such a bad result. Maybe they'll challenge the top of the non-works cars.
Old 2 Feb 2012, 10:01 (Ref:3020182)   #715
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
If Pescarolo get a hold of it before LeMans, they may still be reliable enough to finish the 24 hours.
Henri asked for a 24 hour test with the car, but Dome refused:
Quote:
Following the policy of ours, we have asked Pescarolo to cancel the 24 hour test Pescarolo had originally planned but have asked to have as many short tests as possible during which we will develop and set-up the car. I am pretty certain the guys in the French squad are shocked to know how we prepare for the 24-hour race, though...
Old 2 Feb 2012, 10:39 (Ref:3020210)   #716
I love 04s
Racer

United Kingdom
I love 04s has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Sounds a bit like an egotistical p*ssing contest with Toyota to me.......
Old 2 Feb 2012, 10:40 (Ref:3020211)   #717
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by I love 04s View Post
Sounds like they're trying to attract a manufacturer to me.

Last edited by Bentley03; 4 Feb 2012 at 20:39. Reason: Can't spell........
Old 2 Feb 2012, 10:49 (Ref:3020217)   #718
DS"
Veteran

Germany
Germany
DS" should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not bad Henry, not bad. Hopefully this won't end in a disaster like his run with the 908. Although I'm pretty certain that Pescarolo knows what he's doing.
Old 2 Feb 2012, 10:56 (Ref:3020222)   #719
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03 View Post
This really is one of those 'fairytale' pieces of news we regularly wish for during silly season on this forum......just extraordinary, and I'd (personally) heard not a whisper about it, I'm in complete shock (in a good way, of course)!
Yes, it surely is one of those announcements that make me smile. Such a wonderful thing to come about, not just to see the Dome return to Le Mans but with Pescarolo, a team that I have a place in my heart and some very talented drivers. I cant wait to see the car hit the track.
Old 2 Feb 2012, 10:58 (Ref:3020224)   #720
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwyllion View Post
Henri asked for a 24 hour test with the car, but Dome refused:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DS" View Post
Not bad Henry, not bad. Hopefully this won't end in a disaster like his run with the 908. Although I'm pretty certain that Pescarolo knows what he's doing.
Well, Pescarolo knows what he's doing, but if he isn't allowed to do what he feel is important, then it isn't in his hands.

If Pescarolo fields a design of their own together with the Dome, there is no doubt in my mind, what car Henri will put most effort in!
Especially with the attitude from Dome.
Alle the respect to Dome, i really support them, but they are underestimating Le Mans, and disrespect the idea if the plan only to do a fast qualifying and then finish the race.
Old 2 Feb 2012, 11:41 (Ref:3020243)   #721
AGD
Veteran

AGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by I love 04s View Post
Well, if nothing else, Dome certainly has the better looking coupe. The BHF definitely takes a lot of the beauty away from the 2008 version, but it does not look as bad as the Toyota BHF. On top of that, the Dome does not have a butter face. Quite the opposite in fact.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
and disrespect the idea if the plan only to do a fast qualifying and then finish the race.
My guess is that Dome is looking to sell the idea of speed to other potential factory and privateer customers. That is priority one. It's probably more of a business decision than a racing decision.
Old 2 Feb 2012, 11:50 (Ref:3020252)   #722
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Quote:
Originally Posted by AGD View Post
My guess is that Dome is looking to sell the idea of speed to other potential factory and privateer customers. That is priority one. It's probably more of a business decision than a racing decision.
True, but it really shouldn't be that way.
Le Mans isn't a marketplace in that way, and they should know that.
Dome should also be wise enough to know that manufactures look more than ever at reliability and general performance, instead of speed.
Old 2 Feb 2012, 12:19 (Ref:3020269)   #723
Javi
Veteran

Javi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
True, but it really shouldn't be that way.
Le Mans isn't a marketplace in that way, and they should know that.
Dome should also be wise enough to know that manufactures look more than ever at reliability and general performance, instead of speed.
I partially disagree with that... If you remember Le Mans 2001 (my first as spectactor!), most people will remember Jan Lammers´ Dome challenging the bentley and the audis in the rain for the first laps. It faded from those first laps, but its speed from qualifying and those first laps will be best remembered (in my opinion, of course)that, for example, Dallara-Chrysler´s reliable run to 4th in the race...
A good show in qualifying and in the first laps is a better marketing ad than a respectable, altough discreet, reliable run to midfield. And i prefere Dome doing that than no-Dome...!
Old 2 Feb 2012, 12:34 (Ref:3020272)   #724
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/97269 has a short reaction from Minassian, just saying that it is exciting.
Old 2 Feb 2012, 12:36 (Ref:3020274)   #725
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javi View Post
I partially disagree with that... If you remember Le Mans 2001 (my first as spectactor!), most people will remember Jan Lammers´ Dome challenging the bentley and the audis in the rain for the first laps. It faded from those first laps, but its speed from qualifying and those first laps will be best remembered (in my opinion, of course)that, for example, Dallara-Chrysler´s reliable run to 4th in the race...
A good show in qualifying and in the first laps is a better marketing ad than a respectable, altough discreet, reliable run to midfield. And i prefere Dome doing that than no-Dome...!
A Dome is always better than a no Dome!

But, we are not talking about a 12lap Sprint race, we are talking about a 24hours flat out race.
Your own example can be used on the 1995 race where the WR cars qualified 1st and started the race in 1st place. But it was the McLarens who will be remembered from that race. The same with the 1991 race, The Peugeot 905's ran a quick qualifying, led the race from the start. But it's the battle between the Mazda and Mercedes which is remembered the most from the race.

I'm really glad to see Dome back, but i hoped they would do it right this time and let Pescarolo do what he thought was best instead of using it as a marketing show.