Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: What score do you give it?
10 1 3.03%
9 3 9.09%
8 5 15.15%
7 8 24.24%
6 8 24.24%
5 5 15.15%
4 2 6.06%
3 0 0%
2 0 0%
1 1 3.03%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Old 23 Oct 2017, 09:55 (Ref:3775818)   #1
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Rate the Grand Prix: US Grand Prix 2017

What score do you give it?
Old 23 Oct 2017, 10:41 (Ref:3775826)   #2
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Starting from a 5:

-5 for the opening sequence razzmatazz and pompoms
+5 for Vettel's start
+5 for Hamilton's pass and lope off into the distance
-4 for Ricciardo's retirement
+5 for Max's divebomb
-3 for the penalty

So that's a fairly arbitrary 8.
Old 23 Oct 2017, 11:28 (Ref:3775835)   #3
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
a good race ruined by the stewards rather strange actions so a 4 from me
Old 23 Oct 2017, 14:40 (Ref:3775889)   #4
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
9 it produces good hard racing and that is why I attend COTA ...
Old 23 Oct 2017, 17:26 (Ref:3775920)   #5
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
a good race ruined by the stewards rather strange actions so a 4 from me
Nope, I don't get that. Yes, my initial reaction was one of huge annoyance, but the decision was correct. I rather enjoyed this one, plenty of action, cracking stuff from Bottas and Ricciardo, some clever tactics towards the end and then....Max. I'll even go as far as an 8 for that one.
Old 23 Oct 2017, 18:05 (Ref:3775935)   #6
Racing Harz
Veteran

Germany
Herzberg am Harz
Racing Harz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRacing Harz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Old 23 Oct 2017, 19:17 (Ref:3775946)   #7
Neil22
Veteran

United States
Nor Cal
Neil22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
8 for me, too bad for Max.
Old 23 Oct 2017, 19:23 (Ref:3775952)   #8
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Biscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBiscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Fabulous racing, it's a shame that regulations are designed to prevent this
Old 24 Oct 2017, 14:40 (Ref:3776131)   #9
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
9 for me.

-track is great.
-genuine change for the lead.
-multiple battles up and down the grid.
-inspired drive by Max.
-an alternate strategy being employed.
-and of course controversy at the end that will have us talking about the race for the next week or so.

not really sure what more people want or expect from an F1 race
Old 24 Oct 2017, 15:20 (Ref:3776140)   #10
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
7, plenty of battling going on. Once again the Austin layout gives us close racing, even in these 2017 spec cars
Old 24 Oct 2017, 15:22 (Ref:3776141)   #11
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
8 . Cracker of a clean start, a bit bland but still interesting through the middle, followed by a fun finish on a pretty cool track (for F1 cars), regardless of shenanigans afterward.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
9 for me.
Welcome back, my friend.
Old 24 Oct 2017, 15:36 (Ref:3776147)   #12
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
9 for me.

-track is great.
-genuine change for the lead.
-multiple battles up and down the grid.
-inspired drive by Max.
-an alternate strategy being employed.
-and of course controversy at the end that will have us talking about the race for the next week or so.

Pretty much sums up why I voted a 9 too - the only thing that I could want more would be for the WDC to be decided during the race too.
Old 24 Oct 2017, 17:33 (Ref:3776182)   #13
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'm interested in the views of the one member who gave it a 1......
Old 24 Oct 2017, 17:50 (Ref:3776189)   #14
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Not as dodgy as giving it a ten.

However this is based mainly on the utterly brilliant driver introductions. No other Grand Prix has ever done that so this must be the best Grand Prix ever.
Old 24 Oct 2017, 18:37 (Ref:3776209)   #15
Number4
Racer

England
The Dead South
Number4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

I would like to see a mass brawl on pit road post race. Water cannons, rubber bullets, tasers, mace, lots of black eyes(especially Hamilton and Verstappen), half the pit crews in the county jail, that sort of thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Not as dodgy as giving it a ten.

However this is based mainly on the utterly brilliant driver introductions. No other Grand Prix has ever done that so this must be the best Grand Prix ever.
That was pretty tame compared to a NASCAR race. They have 40 drivers who come out one at a time to their favourite song, each getting a go on the mike. Sometimes you get a flight of B-52's doing the low pass.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9uBPsRwyxtg
Old 24 Oct 2017, 19:09 (Ref:3776220)   #16
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
That was pretty tame compared to a NASCAR race. They have 40 drivers who come out one at a time to their favourite song, each getting a go on the mike. Sometimes you get a flight of B-52's doing the low pass.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9uBPsRwyxtg
Which is why I vote 11 for NASCAR races.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number4 View Post
I would like to see a mass brawl on pit road post race. Water cannons, rubber bullets, tasers, mace, lots of black eyes(especially Hamilton and Verstappen), half the pit crews in the county jail, that sort of thing.
Now that's NASCAR.
Old 24 Oct 2017, 21:53 (Ref:3776256)   #17
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
Welcome back, my friend.
it feels good to be back!