Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Tributes Forum

Old 16 Dec 2011, 11:24 (Ref:3000721)   #51
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Tragic, truly is.. even with his condition he continued to show up on race meetings (and support races) with big smile on his face, true petrolhead to the very end. Sad way to go.

Rest in peace!
Old 16 Dec 2011, 11:26 (Ref:3000723)   #52
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame

“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 16 Dec 2011, 11:31 (Ref:3000728)   #53
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
On The Podium @ Winton

Look at NC's eyes...

Old 16 Dec 2011, 12:26 (Ref:3000762)   #54
fomoco
Veteran

Australia
Bris Vages southside
fomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridfomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was mashalling at QR when the kiwi flew, I have always admired Jason for his approach to racing, RIP, Jase and tell the world Kiwi's can fly
Old 16 Dec 2011, 12:34 (Ref:3000768)   #55
Rockfan
Rookie

England
Near Rockingham
Rockfan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
RIP Jason

This is definitely bad news, and another blow to motor racing this year.

God Bless and keep racing in heaven, as the good go first.

British V8 Fan
Old 16 Dec 2011, 13:18 (Ref:3000797)   #56
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Terribly sad news, but a truly inspirational guy. The golf photo earlier in the thread is brilliant - so near the end and yet happy to be enjoying his remaining time. RIP, Jason.
Old 16 Dec 2011, 13:40 (Ref:3000806)   #57
joey31
Rookie

Australia
Newcastle
joey31 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
R.I.P Jason!

Watching Jase over the last few months dealing with his illness more then likely knowing what would happen in the end but still having a huge smile on his face, having a laugh just enjoying life. It has made me realise that life is short that anything can happen and to just enjoy life to the fullest. Thanks for the memories.
Old 16 Dec 2011, 19:26 (Ref:3000950)   #58
EZY PEEL
Rookie

New Zealand
Auckland, NZ in my PIMPED F150
EZY PEEL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Stink Jase, Kia-Kaha. My thoughts are with your family.
Old 16 Dec 2011, 22:02 (Ref:3001009)   #59
E36ST
Racer

New Zealand
NZ
E36ST should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Really sad, a truly great guy and someone who meant so much to so many. RIP.

And Brown Dog, sorry that you've lost a friend. It would have been wonderful to see him behind the wheel of your car in January. Hopefully the meeting organisers can honour him in an appropriate way.
Old 16 Dec 2011, 22:11 (Ref:3001015)   #60
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Old 17 Dec 2011, 02:38 (Ref:3001079)   #61
SilverSpeed
Racer

Australia
Australia
SilverSpeed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
RIP Jase - A true champion, you will be missed man!
Old 17 Dec 2011, 06:43 (Ref:3001098)   #62
Micklegend
Veteran

Australia
Canberra
Micklegend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMicklegend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
RIP Jase....will be sadly missed by all.

My memory of Jase will live on for a long time..Bathurst 2009, walking the pits looking to prove a point, a mate of mine Simon and I found Jason with Cam Mcconville to grab a signature and a picture, where I said to Jason "my missus thinks you look like you could be my mate Simons twin brother". He took a look at Simon...looked back and said "Nar mate, no chance" in his usual cheeky kiwi accent.

So we took a picture, just to prove a point.....

Last edited by GTRMagic; 17 Dec 2011 at 07:47. Reason: photo addition + fixed the link
Old 17 Dec 2011, 07:57 (Ref:3001103)   #63
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Old 17 Dec 2011, 08:00 (Ref:3001105)   #64
Kingair
Veteran

Kingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
RIP.

Had the great pleasure of meeting this lovely bloke at Bathurst a few years ago, as they say first impressions always count!
Old 17 Dec 2011, 08:46 (Ref:3001113)   #65
Kevin McCann
Rookie

England
Cranleigh Surrey
Kevin McCann should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The reason I watched V8 supercars, even from here a great sadness is felt for a guy I never knew but for whom I am saddened by his leaving far too early. R.I.P. Jason.
Old 17 Dec 2011, 14:35 (Ref:3001218)   #66
Nicholosophy
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Nicholosophy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridNicholosophy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridNicholosophy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Another day on and it just feel wrong. Once upon a time, anyone who had cancer had an instant death warrant. Medicine has moved on and there are so many good treatments for cancer, that it can be easy to think that they can just fight it off and come back as good as new.

Yet here we are, mourning the death of someone who just didn't seem to deserve to go yet. So much ahead in his personal life. You just don't know how much time you are going to get on this place and you have to make the most of it. He seemed to do just that.

You know someone is a true champion when they leave a hole, even though you don't know them personally. Cheers to you, Jason.
Old 17 Dec 2011, 14:45 (Ref:3001224)   #67
kurski
Veteran

Finland
kurski should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkurski should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
.R.I.P.

Richards was good driver and nice guy.
Old 18 Dec 2011, 22:51 (Ref:3001672)   #68
Trev Campbell
Veteran

Trev Campbell should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTrev Campbell should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
RIP Jase. Condolences to his family and friends.
Old 19 Dec 2011, 03:38 (Ref:3001722)   #69
bortall
Racer

Australia
West Gippsland
bortall should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
RIP

Old 19 Dec 2011, 05:39 (Ref:3001744)   #70
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
From Chris Pither...

To all that read this, take the time to make a call to someone you care about and haven’t seen in a while. In our busy lives we often don’t stop to make that call as much as we should.
Thanks CP..
Old 19 Dec 2011, 08:56 (Ref:3001781)   #71
fomoco
Veteran

Australia
Bris Vages southside
fomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridfomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
did anyone see baretts tribute on sunrise or know if there is a link, apparently is was quite good.
Old 19 Dec 2011, 10:45 (Ref:3001807)   #72
Razor
10-10ths official Trekkie
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Razor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Here mate:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGs2ycCVKNU

You can hear Mark struggling through this, espically at the end.
Old 19 Dec 2011, 11:55 (Ref:3001829)   #73
fomoco
Veteran

Australia
Bris Vages southside
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor View Post
Here mate:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGs2ycCVKNU

You can hear Mark struggling through this, espically at the end.

thanks Razor

RIP
Old 20 Dec 2011, 11:05 (Ref:3002177)   #74
David Towe
Veteran

England
Glenmore Park NSW
David Towe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I had the pleasure of sharing a pit garage at Muscle Car Masters in September and managed to get a little time with Jason off track. What a truly amazing man! Always a smile and time for a chat. We talked about my cars and their history and he recounted his V8 Supercars over the years and his racing past.
Tha last time I saw him was immediately after the feature race where he drove straight through the garage and up to the back of Stubber's transporter to position the car for loading. He'd just finished second outright and I guess the physical effort meant he went straight into the truck for a rest.
I'd have loved to have had the picture of him and me on the podium that day but the results were in dispute so no podium for us.
He seemed so relaxed at a track and racing was a diversion from his plight.
He will be sorely missed by all the Group A/C competitors whom he had raced with for the last 4 years at Muscle Car Masters.
Thanks to Paul Stubber for giving him a car and the chance to forget.
RIP Jason and condolences to his family.
Old 21 Dec 2011, 00:51 (Ref:3002498)   #75
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Public Memorial For Richards

V8 SUPERCARS fans are invited to Sandown Motor Raceway in Melbourne on Monday January 9, 2012 to celebrate the life of the inspirational Jason Richards.

The Melbourne-based Kiwi V8 Supercar star passed away on Thursday December 15 and will be remembered in the New Year at a circuit that featured prominently in his motorsport career.

Sandown is the venue of his first-ever V8 Supercars Championship podium result in 2005 with Jamie Whincup and Tasman Motorsport and where he very nearly caused a boil-over to win the Sandown 500 in 2003 in a late-race dice with Mark Skaife.

The family of V8 Supercar racing will gather for a special memorial service for the much-loved Richards from 3.00pm to 4.30pm.

Entry will be via a gold coin donation