Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 7 Apr 2017, 17:21 (Ref:3724395)   #76
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Now I've got a proper internet connection, a few pics from Jarama....

The owner of this 917 raced a 908 'Langheck' in the series last year. So we've lost that and gained it's big brother! The 917 retired from 4th place late in it's first race in CER. Probably precaution being the better option.
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpg  
Old 7 Apr 2017, 17:24 (Ref:3724396)   #77
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Will I'm in the process to pull some string for you. I know you dont any need help but I could put in a good word to Mr de Polyester about your body work!! Or involve you in a barn find about a fake Rondeau
You might have a moment at Spa…
Old 7 Apr 2017, 17:24 (Ref:3724397)   #78
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Another very rare car in CER- the McLaren M6GT. Sometimes difficult to differentiate from a B16 when coming down the pit straight- until you hear the engine note.....
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpeg  
Old 7 Apr 2017, 17:28 (Ref:3724401)   #79
henk4
Veteran

Netherlands
Rozenburg, Holland
henk4 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridhenk4 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Another very rare car in CER- the McLaren M6GT. Sometimes difficult to differentiate from a B16 when coming down the pit straight- until you hear the engine note.....
for the seniors among us, this used to be the green and yellow M6 spider as raced by German Wido Roesler in the nineties.
Old 7 Apr 2017, 17:32 (Ref:3724403)   #80
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Mike guess its Roddaro's may be? If I'm right, this gentleman from Monaco gave me several phone calls 2 or 3 years ago. He spotted two of my ex-911's, one 2.7 RS and one 3 litre. It was easy for me to "authentify" by phone my beloved 2.7 but when it came to the 3 litre (I raced several in the '70's) I tried to tell him that his barn find had been reshelded because of a major crash at Montlhéry. I didn't want to hear the full story!!
Old 7 Apr 2017, 17:35 (Ref:3724405)   #81
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
The Ford F3L, sometimes referred to as the P68, built by Alan Mann Racing, and abandoned by Ford in period after expectations weren't met. This is the second of the two cars built, to my eyes absolutely gorgeous, and with the most distinctive nose. It is driven extremely well, and sounds superb....
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpeg  
Old 7 Apr 2017, 17:37 (Ref:3724407)   #82
henk4
Veteran

Netherlands
Rozenburg, Holland
henk4 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridhenk4 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Gerard, is/was your 3.0 RSR by any chance 4609116?
Old 7 Apr 2017, 17:37 (Ref:3724408)   #83
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
for the seniors among us, this used to be the green and yellow M6 spider as raced by German Wido Roesler in the nineties.
You are the font of all knowledge, Pieter! Thanks.

Yes, Gerard, it is M Roddaro in the 917...
Old 7 Apr 2017, 17:45 (Ref:3724411)   #84
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
One of many RSRs (IMO a model that hits the sweet spot in 911 race history), but also IMO the paint job on this ex American Cafe Mexicano car is about the best ever. Simple but clever....
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpg   image.jpeg  
Old 7 Apr 2017, 17:53 (Ref:3724414)   #85
henk4
Veteran

Netherlands
Rozenburg, Holland
Mike, your second photo perfectly shows why you should use a camera en not a phone...or of course you can edit out your arms from the picture.
Old 7 Apr 2017, 18:15 (Ref:3724422)   #86
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
Mike, your second photo perfectly shows why you should use a camera en not a phone...or of course you can edit out your arms from the picture.
I tried sooo hard to not be in the pic, but sun was too low.

Anyone wanting to see proper photos taken by a pro should follow the link in post 58.....
Old 7 Apr 2017, 18:16 (Ref:3724423)   #87
henk4
Veteran

Netherlands
Rozenburg, Holland
or here

http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/chass...-560-9115.html
Old 7 Apr 2017, 18:42 (Ref:3724430)   #88
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Sorry henk they were only RS, not RSR. During the season '79 I raced another 3.0 RS with slightly modified rear wings extension. This was made to enter the car either in Grp 3 or in Grp 4 when my preparer could let me a Grp 4 engine. The full trim remained std (compétition-client), we only used larger rear wheels in this case (+1").
During the season '75 my old friend Jean Louis Chateau was doing the Grp4 championship and I was doing the Grp3 one. One night we turned the "what if" mode on. We entered his RSR 3 times in World championship with the worse luck you can imagine! Enna was a no show, Genova ferry missed. Dijon, the organizers said there were too many Gt's! At Spa, Jean Louis blew the engine during the very last lap of Qualy! Jürgen suggest some help, the kind we couldn't afford… Pure amateurs you say?
Old 7 Apr 2017, 19:29 (Ref:3724437)   #89
356sc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Camberley
356sc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Will I'm in the process to pull some string for you. I know you dont any need help but I could put in a good word to Mr de Polyester about your body work!! Or involve you in a barn find about a fake Rondeau
You might have a moment at Spa…
Oh in that case, we will start work on the space frame mid-engined carbon fibre "356"!!
60s endurance 1965 356sc #49
Mag 7's #60
Old 7 Apr 2017, 19:37 (Ref:3724439)   #90
henk4
Veteran

Netherlands
Rozenburg, Holland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Sorry henk they were only RS, not RSR. During the season '79 I raced another 3.0 RS with slightly modified rear wings extension. This was made to enter the car either in Grp 3 or in Grp 4 when my preparer could let me a Grp 4 engine. The full trim remained std (compétition-client), we only used larger rear wheels in this case (+1").
During the season '75 my old friend Jean Louis Chateau was doing the Grp4 championship and I was doing the Grp3 one. One night we turned the "what if" mode on. We entered his RSR 3 times in World championship with the worse luck you can imagine! Enna was a no show, Genova ferry missed. Dijon, the organizers said there were too many Gt's! At Spa, Jean Louis blew the engine during the very last lap of Qualy! Jürgen suggest some help, the kind we couldn't afford… Pure amateurs you say?
OK, thank you, the chassis number I mentioned was a car that M Roddaro brought to Jarama last year for the first time. It is now owned in Switzerland.
Old 8 Apr 2017, 02:25 (Ref:3724493)   #91
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
Originally Posted by 356sc View Post
Oh in that case, we will start work on the space frame mid-engined carbon fibre "356"!!
Funny you say so, Maître Jacques told me he considers visiting you for the HTP process. Dont you have already a rear engined TR3 RSS?