Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 27 Dec 2004, 10:36 (Ref:1188317)   #1
No 4
Veteran

No 4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
2005 UK Formula Renault

Any insights re who's out testing and if any drivers have committed to specific teams for the 2005 championship?
Old 27 Dec 2004, 11:16 (Ref:1188335)   #2
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Jamie Morrow, by any chance?
Old 27 Dec 2004, 11:33 (Ref:1188345)   #3
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I have not seen or heard much on next FRenault championship. As far as I know Embassy Racing will be running Jody Firth. I would also think that the likes of JLR, Fortec, Manor et al will all be on the grid come Donington at the start of April.
Old 27 Dec 2004, 17:13 (Ref:1188488)   #4
Russfeld
Veteran

Russfeld should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Patrick Hogan, who has so many race wins I cant remember any of them; reckons he needs to win the title in 05.

I agree. I mean, i need to win the title in 2005 too.
Old 28 Dec 2004, 00:35 (Ref:1188633)   #5
Ned
Rookie

Ned should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I hear JLR have been testing Simpson and D'Agostino recently and last I read Simpson and D'Agostino had both said they intend to race with JLR in 05

Brazil 2002
Old 28 Dec 2004, 08:14 (Ref:1188704)   #6
No 4
Veteran

KIcking Back - it's one option. Formula BMW, Spanish F3 and Days of Thunder (as was) are others!!!
Old 28 Dec 2004, 14:17 (Ref:1188841)   #7
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Best wishes for any of those series, No 4, except Days of Thunder (as was)
Old 28 Dec 2004, 19:05 (Ref:1188977)   #8
No 4
Veteran

Kicking Back - Thanks, sentiment much appreciated - just lets hope I can do my bit and get Jamie a seat in a national championship - then it's up to him!!!
Old 29 Jan 2005, 10:11 (Ref:1212510)   #9
No 4
Veteran

What do people think of the Fortec 'dream' team?
Old 29 Jan 2005, 11:07 (Ref:1212528)   #10
Zandbak
Racer

Netherlands
Zandbak should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by No 4
Any insights re who's out testing and if any drivers have committed to specific teams for the 2005 championship?
Dutchman Yelmer Buurman will drive for Fortec Motorsport in 2005. Dutch pressreleaseAccording to the article they are already in Spain for some testing.
Old 29 Jan 2005, 11:59 (Ref:1212566)   #11
Kicking-back
Veteran

Anyone got a list of who's confirmed with who so far?
Old 29 Jan 2005, 12:09 (Ref:1212577)   #12
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
This is what I can work out from the offical Renault Sport Site:-

Fortec:- Stuart Hall, Yelmer Buurman, Sebastian Hohenthal, James Sutton
Hillspeed:- Josh Weber
Firstair:- Sean McIntosh, Jean-Robert Niogret

I also saw into Autosport that that Alexander Storckenfeldt with Mark Burdett Motorsport, JLR are planning to run a couple of cars and as I said above as far as I know Embassy Racing will be running Jody Firth.
Old 29 Jan 2005, 15:19 (Ref:1212652)   #13
Mackmot
Veteran

United Kingdom
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Mackmot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sean M will win it
Jakes could do really well if he takes his thumb out of his ass and realises that he is good and that he has all the help in the world
Old 29 Jan 2005, 16:00 (Ref:1212674)   #14
BillyT
Veteran

England
London
BillyT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Marko Asmer if he cant get the budget for Brit F3.
Old 29 Jan 2005, 16:14 (Ref:1212680)   #15
mrinvader
Racer

mrinvader should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Asmer would be stupid to drop back down to Renault.
Old 29 Jan 2005, 16:17 (Ref:1212682)   #16
No 4
Veteran

Is Michael Spencer out with anyone?
Old 29 Jan 2005, 21:08 (Ref:1212799)   #17
BillyT
Veteran

England
London
BillyT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrinvader
Asmer would be stupid to drop back down to Renault.
If he cant raise the budget for F3 then its that or nothing really.
Old 29 Jan 2005, 21:28 (Ref:1212813)   #18
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by btracer
If he cant raise the budget for F3 then its that or nothing really.
If Marko has to take a step down, better to race in the new National Class of BritF3. It looks likely to be very competitive and he could look good by taking on the Championship Class drivers - and probably beating most of them!
Old 29 Jan 2005, 23:02 (Ref:1212854)   #19
Mackmot
Veteran

United Kingdom
Or in Pan Am V6 where for a bit more than national he can have the chance of winning a World Series drive and a Renault F1 test.
Old 30 Jan 2005, 14:42 (Ref:1213155)   #20
bradrive
Racer

Brazil
Italy&Spain&Brazil
bradrive should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackmot
Or in Pan Am V6 where for a bit more than national he can have the chance of winning a World Series drive and a Renault F1 test.
Do you believe this series is going to happen? The US teams seem to ask circa
500'000$+ for a drive. If anybody has this sort of budget, he will drive in Europe, either Renault World Series, EuroF3 or UKF3. What do you think is a
"real" budget for PanamV6? What is the opinion of the board?
Old 30 Jan 2005, 16:33 (Ref:1213210)   #21
mrinvader
Racer

mrinvader should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have heard talks that this budget of 500,000 maybe changing. I believe a realistic budget for the series is around 300-350k and you could so the 2000 for about 150K.
Old 30 Jan 2005, 21:04 (Ref:1213355)   #22
Mackmot
Veteran

United Kingdom
The series is going to happen and for that budget you couldnt get a World Series drive or an F3 drive. Ive gone through the budget in detail and it will end up costing about $550k. The point is though that its worth the gamble not like many European Formulae the dont offer you any chance of progressing.
Old 30 Jan 2005, 22:02 (Ref:1213380)   #23
bradrive
Racer

Brazil
Italy&Spain&Brazil
bradrive should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackmot
The series is going to happen and for that budget you couldnt get a World Series drive or an F3 drive. Ive gone through the budget in detail and it will end up costing about $550k. The point is though that its worth the gamble not like many European Formulae the dont offer you any chance of progressing.
I understand, that to do a series "properly", you need a certain budget. BUT
in the end these so called "full budgets" are paid to the so called "topteam"
only and all the other teams below will be forced to run drivers for less, the
percentage of less being in function of the team's reputation.
There are more than 10seats in Renault World Series which will go for $550k,
not the seats of 2 or 3 topteams, but still seats.
If I have the option to go to a well established midfield runner in RWS with experience in Nissan World Series or to go to team upgrading from Fr2000US or Fr2000UK to PanamV6, I will choose RWS. And not only me!
I DO hope the PanamV6 is going to happen, but teams please adjust the required budgets to realistic levels, unless you are the "Arden's" of the series.
Old 31 Jan 2005, 03:34 (Ref:1213501)   #24
Martinmechanix
Rookie

Martinmechanix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bradrive I don’t know to much about the European series and the cost of a seat on those series but I do know a little bit more over here in North America. Right now I only thing about two intermediate open wheel series performing on road circuit. The first one is the Toyota Atlantic and the second one this the Pro Mazda. In the past, and may still true, young drivers wishing to compete in a professional series in the hope to get a ChampCar ride did choose the Toyota Atlantic path. A Toyota Atlantic seat cost about 500 000 US for a mid field to back team, which do not really give you the chance to win a championship and an interest from the ChampCar teams. If you do wish so we are talking about 1 million and over.

Honestly I do think the new PamAm series offer to driver a better path because of the funding needed to run with a top team and also because of the RWS reward.

Another things you will have to consider. Not all drivers, basically North American one, wish to go in Europe or because of the sponsor can’t go in Europe and are looking for an interesting series to compete to. Then with the exchange rate a good European driver who unfortunately doesn’t have the necessary funding to have a top team seat and show his real talent, can probably do so if he does participate to the PamAm series.

To conclude I would like to say it is true that some team will upgrade from the 2 liters car to the V6 one but there is some teams having V6 experience and another whom have already hired engineers with V6 experience. I did follow the FR NA and I will add there is very professional teams and I won’t be surprise to see them doing good even if they do not have prior V6 experience.

Ì think it is good, if you are a driver, to have a look at this option if you still looking for a seat for 2005.
Old 31 Jan 2005, 10:09 (Ref:1213632)   #25
Mackmot
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bradrive, what is the point of doing anything not "properly". The point is that you should find series that promote your talent, are affordable enough to do it properly and give you a decent chance of furthering your career. If you wanted to RWS with a midfield or backend team then you are just simply stupid. Even if you dont manage to get a drive with the so called top team what is the point of suffering even more by not paying the amount it costs to run. Half the time so called top teams get complacent and are easily beatable anyway.