Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 5 Feb 2001, 20:43 (Ref:62698)   #1
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
The new Toyota Formula One team, due to make their debut in the 2002 season, will begin testing a prototype of their car before the end of March, it was announced today in Tokyo.

The Japanese manufacturer, who will be the second Formula One team to build their own chassis and engine along with Ferrari, will begin an intensive development programme at the end of next month with drivers Mika Salo and Allan McNish at the wheel.

The tests will initially take place behind closed doors at the test track at Toyota's factory in Cologne, Germany.

Tsutomu Tomita, chairman of Toyota Motorsport GmbH, also announced the team has signed a basic agreement with oil company Exxon Mobil for a technical partnership for their Formula One programme.

Toyota already fired up their first Formula One engine back in June last year.
Old 5 Feb 2001, 23:26 (Ref:62746)   #2
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing
It is very interesting that they have their own private test track in Germany next to their factory. While I cannot see instant success next year, this team appears to be extremely well organised. Toyota certainly does not lack money. It is a pity that they are not using Minardi to test their engine on the race track this year. I wish I could be Stoddart's R&D/marketting man, I have such great ideas.