Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 24 Sep 2012, 02:18 (Ref:3140631)   #1
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
An epic journey

Wow, this is going to lighten some wallets.

My dad and I MAY be going on a month-long vacation to Europe to watch some racing. Despite going to South America a couple of times, I have never been to Europe, which is sorely regret. I will be going to the 24 Hours of Le Mans, BES at Paul Ricard, F1 at the Nurburgring, and the 24 Hours of Spa. I'll be blogging about it when that times comes around in 2013. Exciting propositions that hopefully can happen. I'd like to meet people there, so just a heads up...
Old 30 Sep 2012, 01:30 (Ref:3143957)   #2
gregtummer
Veteran

gregtummer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Would def be interested in hearing about your journey.
Old 30 Sep 2012, 16:14 (Ref:3144191)   #3
racerkeke
Veteran

Canada
The Great Green North
racerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridracerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridracerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridracerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Why don't you get in touch with rblanshard, who's also from Dallas? He's been, what, all of twice now to Le Mans, and counts as an old hand, having survived not only the Ten Tenths garage visit but also the (in)famous Tenths Meeting at the Tree. I also suggest using the resources in the 24 Heures du Mans forum, which has helped many (including me) make successful pilgrimages to La Sarthe.

I warn you, though, Le Mans is addictive. All of us agree we could quit anytime. We just don't want to.
keke
Old 1 Oct 2012, 22:31 (Ref:3144872)   #4
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by racerkeke View Post
Why don't you get in touch with rblanshard, who's also from Dallas? He's been, what, all of twice now to Le Mans, and counts as an old hand, having survived not only the Ten Tenths garage visit but also the (in)famous Tenths Meeting at the Tree. I also suggest using the resources in the 24 Heures du Mans forum, which has helped many (including me) make successful pilgrimages to La Sarthe.

I warn you, though, Le Mans is addictive. All of us agree we could quit anytime. We just don't want to.
keke
Thanks man!
Old 2 Oct 2012, 07:16 (Ref:3145039)   #5
G.Walker
Racer

Scotland
G.Walker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That is some trip. I take my hat off to you.
Old 2 Oct 2012, 09:40 (Ref:3145098)   #6
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
That's going to be a hell of a trip! I'll look forward to hearing about it
Old 2 Oct 2012, 16:11 (Ref:3145272)   #7
racerkeke
Veteran

Canada
The Great Green North
racerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridracerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridracerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridracerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
Thanks man!
Except I'm not -- I'm the rarest of the rare, as you will discover when you get to Le Mans!
keke
Old 29 Oct 2012, 10:53 (Ref:3159454)   #8
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
Keep a close eye on the VLN schedule, too? You MIGHT get to fit a PROPER Nordschleife race in, as well as the F1 merry go round?
Last year, IIRC, they had a VLN race at the same time as the WEC were at Spa. It was tempting to try to do both, as it's about 60 miles between the 2...
Old 29 Oct 2012, 10:58 (Ref:3159456)   #9
SouthAussie94
Rookie

Australia
Adelaide
SouthAussie94 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sounds like a great trip!

I'm in Australia and finish high school in a month and had been planning to do a similar trip next year (Le Mans, Monaco, N24, Spa, Isle of Man, Pretty much as many events and places as I could get to). Just the slight problem of $$$

I'm still clinging onto the small hope that it can and will happen next year, realistically though...

Good luck! I'd love to hear of your experience and any tips you have to share!!
Old 29 Oct 2012, 16:09 (Ref:3159623)   #10
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim the Grey View Post
Keep a close eye on the VLN schedule, too? You MIGHT get to fit a PROPER Nordschleife race in, as well as the F1 merry go round?
Last year, IIRC, they had a VLN race at the same time as the WEC were at Spa. It was tempting to try to do both, as it's about 60 miles between the 2...

Its only an hours drive