Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Indycar Series

Old 14 Jun 2019, 22:15 (Ref:3910232)   #4376
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mstets View Post
Good to see that he is still making progress.

https://www.indycar.com/News/2019/06/06-13-Voices-Olson
He is on the cover of the Road and Track magazine that showed up in my mailbox today. He has made a ton of progress with a long way to go.
Old 16 Jun 2019, 22:01 (Ref:3912301)   #4377
mstets
Racer

mstets should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nice article on Penske's Clive Howell:

https://www.motorsport.com/indycar/n...ibute/4473855/
Old 17 Jun 2019, 16:58 (Ref:3912464)   #4378
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mstets View Post
Nice article on Penske's Clive Howell:

https://www.motorsport.com/indycar/n...ibute/4473855/
Thanks for that. A very interesting article. One tends to forget, how many Brits have been involved in CART/IndyCar over the years and what a first-class contribution they have made.
Old 18 Jun 2019, 19:26 (Ref:3912732)   #4379
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
O'Ward is back in the 32 Gallagher Carlin for Road America. Looks like the forecast is for rain so could be an interesting weekend racing.
Old 19 Jun 2019, 02:24 (Ref:3912779)   #4380
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
O'Ward is back in the 32 Gallagher Carlin for Road America. Looks like the forecast is for rain so could be an interesting weekend racing.
I forgot that was this weekend! Obvious statement alert: rain would change the dynamics of this race in a big way. I can't remember the last time I saw rain (on tv) at Road America. When I was going there every year from 85-92 it always rained. They had stickers and merch for sale that said IMSA stood for It's Monsoon Season Again.
Old 19 Jun 2019, 07:02 (Ref:3912806)   #4381
mstets
Racer

mstets should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Hope that Carlin can get a decent result. I think that O'Ward has the team's best finish of the year: 8th at COTA. Kimball has qualified and run well but has yet to have a decent finish.

If there is rain during the race it will certainly mix things up. RA has a history of weird results due to fuel strategy, perhaps not relative to the current cars.
Old 19 Jun 2019, 07:04 (Ref:3912807)   #4382
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
It’ll be Pato and Chilton.
Old 24 Jun 2019, 19:22 (Ref:3914006)   #4383
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Looks like an interesting rumor has been sent around the paddock according to RM on Racer. Andretti may be considering a return to Chevy. Could be interesting as apparently Honda is keen to keep Rossi in the their fold, and could allow the McLaren/Andretti tie-in again for Indy. Seems like everyone is interested in Rossi and not much else this season and where he will be for next seems to be without restriction. Well other than likely Andretti or Penske, if The Captain returns to 4 cars again fulltime.
Old 24 Jun 2019, 19:47 (Ref:3914009)   #4384
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Looks like an interesting rumor has been sent around the paddock according to RM on Racer. Andretti may be considering a return to Chevy. Could be interesting as apparently Honda is keen to keep Rossi in the their fold, and could allow the McLaren/Andretti tie-in again for Indy. Seems like everyone is interested in Rossi and not much else this season and where he will be for next seems to be without restriction. Well other than likely Andretti or Penske, if The Captain returns to 4 cars again fulltime.
During the race yesterday, they were talking about Penske possibly returning to 4 cars but I don't see how that would benefit Rossi and Honda, as Penske strictly wears the bowtie. Ganassi would be the logical move and Ganassi has a long history with Honda. Though Ganassi used Chevrolet from 2014-16.

Last edited by bjohnsonsmith; 24 Jun 2019 at 19:57. Reason: Edit
Old 25 Jun 2019, 02:34 (Ref:3914040)   #4385
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Most everyone has used all engines if they're around long enough. Honda would lose Rossi if Penske could snatch him up. Ganassi is at best a sideways move but more likely downgrade from Andretti at this point. If Andretti switched to Chevy and retained they would lose Rossi as well. But some think it's just an Andretti ploy for lower rates and premier engineers and they pull this every time the contract is up
Old 25 Jun 2019, 10:16 (Ref:3914082)   #4386
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
I can't see Rossi to Ganassi as a better move, and don't think it will happen UNLESS Andretti switches to Chevrolet, and Rossi wants to stay with Honda.

If Andretti stays wth Honda, I can't see Rossi move.
Driving for Penske surely is attractive, but he will just be 1 of the 3 (or 4), while at Andretti all (most) focus is on him.
Old 25 Jun 2019, 10:55 (Ref:3914095)   #4387
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by gert View Post
I can't see Rossi to Ganassi as a better move, and don't think it will happen UNLESS Andretti switches to Chevrolet, and Rossi wants to stay with Honda.

If Andretti stays wth Honda, I can't see Rossi move.
Driving for Penske surely is attractive, but he will just be 1 of the 3 (or 4), while at Andretti all (most) focus is on him.
If the rumour is true and Honda want to keep Rossi and Andretti switches to Chevrolet, where else is he to go?
Old 25 Jun 2019, 11:02 (Ref:3914096)   #4388
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
If the rumour is true and Honda want to keep Rossi and Andretti switches to Chevrolet, where else is he to go?
Like I said, I don't see it happen UNLESS Andretti switches to Chevrolet, and Rossi wants to stay with Honda.
Old 25 Jun 2019, 11:13 (Ref:3914103)   #4389
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Like I said, I don't see it happen UNLESS Andretti switches to Chevrolet, and Rossi wants to stay with Honda.
If he stays at Andretti, then we need to see another driver on top of his game signed up there too...

RHR is solid and on his day could beat anyone but, Marco has one or two decent races a year and it's about time he stepped back and joined the management side or something.
Old 25 Jun 2019, 11:19 (Ref:3914104)   #4390
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Honda want Rossi to stay with them.

The last time Andretti won the Driver's Championship, was back in 2012 with RH-R using Chevrolet power.
Old 25 Jun 2019, 18:17 (Ref:3914174)   #4391
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
O’Ward heading to F2 for this weekend. Wouldn’t be a big surprise if he stayed.
Old 25 Jun 2019, 18:47 (Ref:3914177)   #4392
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Interesting. Pato's teammate will be ex IndyCar driver Jordan King, who ranks 10th despite missing Monaco.
Old 25 Jun 2019, 21:24 (Ref:3914193)   #4393
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by peebee2 View Post
O’Ward heading to F2 for this weekend. Wouldn’t be a big surprise if he stayed.
I wish him the best, glad to see he got an opportunity in F2. I think he has a lot of upside still.
Old 30 Jun 2019, 01:34 (Ref:3914861)   #4394
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
I wish him the best, glad to see he got an opportunity in F2. I think he has a lot of upside still.
He finished 19th in Austria and a lap down. Early days though but I digress.
Old 30 Jun 2019, 10:11 (Ref:3914901)   #4395
Nikki Katz
Racer

Nikki Katz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
O’ward’s taken ticktum’s super formula seat as red bull have dropped ticktum now. More f2 is likely. I think he’s probably not coming back to indycar any time soon. I assume they’re lining him up for a toro rosso seat, but he seems some way off that at the moment.
Old 30 Jun 2019, 19:46 (Ref:3915182)   #4396
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Yeah, he can't race yet I don't believe anyway due to Indy Lights not having enough full time drivers for points to count. He's got to earn the seat through time and points. And it sounds like Tiktum's time had finally come and gone, I would have thought when he was banned for that crash after the race he was done but guess Red Bull haven't seen enough to keep him. Think the only way O'Ward is back in Indy is on the way down after F2, or a short F1, visit.
Old 30 Jun 2019, 20:44 (Ref:3915209)   #4397
peebee2
Veteran

IndyLights issue is that you need a minimum number of competitors for the SL points.

Some races had enough, some didn’t. The year overall did, but obviously not all did full season.

Seems like FIA (who would believe it!) never thought of this when they specified a number as the rules are unclear and open to argument and maybe negotiation.
Old 2 Jul 2019, 11:35 (Ref:3915472)   #4398
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Roger Penske receives the Presidential Medal of Freedom. The only other person from the world of motorsport to receive it was, former NASCAR driver Richard Petty, who won the NASCAR Cup Championship seven times.

https://www.indycar.com/News/2019/06...dal-Of-Freedom
Old 2 Jul 2019, 15:16 (Ref:3915503)   #4399
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Sage Karam gets O'Ward's Carlin seat.

http://classic.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/144546
Old 2 Jul 2019, 16:23 (Ref:3915516)   #4400
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Not Mario Andretti or AJ Foyt?