Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 28 Sep 2004, 10:22 (Ref:1109167)   #26
Glen
Veteran

Glen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Nobody (well almost nobody) expected miracles ASCII Man. I was merely pointing out that no matter how you spin the story, you can hardly call that a good performance. Jacques himself is not happy about it, and neither should racing fans be. It's great that he's back, he brings much needed colour and character, and sparks more enthusiasm among supporters than any other driver. But he has to do the basic job too.

And, the comparisson I made was just as sensible a the previous one.

Also, btw, I think the problem is not so much familiarity with the car as with the tyres. He has never been on the Michelins before, as I pointed out before the race, and they have very specific characteristics.

Last edited by Glen; 28 Sep 2004 at 10:24.
Old 28 Sep 2004, 13:30 (Ref:1109336)   #27
GP Racer
Veteran

United States
"The Big Apple"
GP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Why is it, we have no problems criticising other drivers immediately, like Pizzonia, Gene, and Pantano, but we cannot critique the greatness of JV?

Glens critique was very fair, as were the other's, much fairer than I've seen other drivers get critiqued here. We all know he didn't have much prep time for this race, but the fact is, he accepted the drive, and he knew what Renault needed to get out of it. So its fair to be critical...

Danica Patrick
Old 29 Sep 2004, 01:58 (Ref:1109955)   #28
Kirk
Veteran

Kirk has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Ummm, I would be curious to know just how many passes (ON THE TRACK) were made for position in this race. You guys make it sound like there was overtaking going on everywhere. Let me see, MS took several laps to get past Glock, got held up by Klein then crashed into him, DC hit Ralf trying to pass him. No one passed Alonso the entire race that I saw. JV and Webber were together with JV unable to get by. RB, JB and Kimi remained in line .. hmmm. Maybe the China track isn't condusive to passing at all.... or should I say not with the configuration of today's F1 cars anyway.
Old 29 Sep 2004, 02:34 (Ref:1109972)   #29
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
Webber passed JV (after JV beat him off the line) on lap 1. JV himself also took Montoya IIRC. Did'nt Button pass Alonso as well?
Old 29 Sep 2004, 02:44 (Ref:1109976)   #30
Kirk
Veteran

Kirk has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Yeah lap 1 (at least the first 6 corners of it) as usual had some action but after that lap, not much. But my point is it wasn't an easy task for anyone, let alone a rusty JV in an unfamiliar and less than ideal handling Renault, trying to get by a "notoriously wide" - David Hobbs again - Mark Webber. Webber was quite excited about it actually; he had his hands full and should be given a little more credit for not making a mistake and holding that position.
Old 29 Sep 2004, 13:03 (Ref:1110326)   #31
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
Vilafranca del Penedés, CATALONIA
Jordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I wouldn't say the Renault was a far superior car. I think Jacques drove where the car deserved to be. With Alonso's experience, better qualifying position and better start = 4th place.