Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 12 Jul 2005, 03:50 (Ref:1353172)   #26
mac
Veteran

mac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by LampCord
I predicted a Button / Barri swap about a week ago. Maybe I was half right?
What are the odds of Williams taking up the Button contract, then swapping him for Barrichello and a brown paper bag full of cash?

Webber and Barrichello at Williams next year?
Old 12 Jul 2005, 12:04 (Ref:1353443)   #27
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
I don't know whether this will happen or not, BUT Ferrari showing an interest in Button would make a lot of sense. OK, he's yet to win a race, but he's young, quick, media-friendly and has demonstrated considerable leadership qualities at BAR. He might just be the man to replace Schumacher at the helm of Ferrari, and partnering the Red Baron for 2006 and, maybe, 2007 would be excellent training. Also, English drivers have a pretty good record at Ferrari.
Old 12 Jul 2005, 15:13 (Ref:1353616)   #28
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Putting aside the rumours, my personal opinion is that at this moment of time, having Jenson make a move to Ferrari would be good.

Although M.Schumacher/Barrichello partnership is one which is deadly potent and efficient, Ferrari's short-term future is set up for a shake up. When else is a better time to make the swap when Ferrari is making a renewed bid for the championship, and that the contracts are up for grabs?

As much as Michael looks in good shape, i really can't see him staying in Ferrari for more than 2 seasons after this. With Barrichello supposedly unsettled, yet tied to a contract, it may be good to offload him to BAR/Williams, in exchange for Button, who showed himself to be a good package as a driver.

Having a British driver in Ferrari would also go some way in getting more support from British fans who are supportive of anything from their country (be it driver or team). And Button would have little difficulty fitting in with the modern Ferrari atmosphere.

Driver pairings don't last forever. MS/RB would end one day...and with Button one of the few established drivers now with a decent bit of talent, it'd be sensible to get him.

Partnering him with Kimi would simply be awesome.
Old 12 Jul 2005, 18:07 (Ref:1353744)   #29
Silver steve
Rookie

United Kingdom
to close to france!
Silver steve should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
lets pray that Jenson never puts his ass in a Ferrari until MS has gone! I cant belive Jenson would become a lap dog to Mr Schumacher whilst he still has some pride,lets face it if he does move you wont see him on the podium unless MS has gone or retired,cos the fact is if MS is still there/running Jenson will have to take the back seat. I cant see that Jenson would get the go ahead from Ferrari to actually be allowed to race MS!!!! If Ron Dennis is reading this get him in a McLaren along side Kimi,then you will see dominance!
Old 12 Jul 2005, 18:13 (Ref:1353751)   #30
poleaxe
Rookie

poleaxe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
"If Ferrari are the sixth best team next year I have no reason to move apart from a nice company car,"

"That's not really enough, is it? I want to be with the best team, whoever that is."

:- Jenson Button
BBC

So if that's his thinking, doesn't that kinder rule out a move to Williams as well?
Old 12 Jul 2005, 19:36 (Ref:1353998)   #31
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
As someone said to me the other day: "Jenson is the Anna Kournikova of motor racing. Reasonably good to look at and the most famous person in the sport never to have won anything of importance."
Old 12 Jul 2005, 22:00 (Ref:1354165)   #32
djinvicta
Veteran

Wales
Mojacar Southern Spain
djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!
I think Eddie Irvine said it tonight; Its laughable; Source ITV F1. Jensons bound for Williams, Fisi or Massa due to Ferrari, RB into a Renault to play 2nd to Alonso...
Old 13 Jul 2005, 23:36 (Ref:1355086)   #33
Rennen
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hertfordshire
Rennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Well JB & RB do have one thing in common...neither had had a win in their first 92 GPs!
Old 14 Jul 2005, 02:43 (Ref:1355147)   #34
Dixie Flatline
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
Dixie Flatline should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would be surprised to see Jenson go to Ferrari, quite frankly.

It should also be borne in mind that if Michael was to quit Ferrari, either this year or next, Ross Brawn and Rory Byrne are also likely to walk out the door with him (at least, that's what I've read).

So not only would there be a shake-up in the drivers, but also in the engineering/aerodynamic side of things. As much as Michael is responsible for his excellent driving, Byrne and Brawn have been responsible for producing peerless cars over the last 6 years.

At this stage, it's almost looking like something of a Clayton's choice for Button; stay with BAR and hope that Honda's increased involvement will turn the car around (if possible), go to Williams where the car hasn't been performing well this season and it's uncertain (at this stage) what engine Williams will use for 2006, or go to Ferrari where he wouldn't be sure where he'd stand in terms of his teammate and the backroom staff.
Old 18 Jul 2005, 14:30 (Ref:1357819)   #35
Kirk
Veteran

Kirk has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
DC has been quoted that he has a "gut feeling" that something is up between JB and Ferrari but for whatever reason, it can't be made public. Maybe a multi-pronged road that keeps changing. It may be dictated by Williams, and their ability to procur an engine supplier, and perhaps complicated by Ruben's and Michael's options/plans for next year?! It becomes more complex with the possibility that Williams could save a few dollars (always a William's priority, ahead of drivers imo) by giving up Jense for a sweet engine contract with Honda. And speaking of drivers and teams budgets; JB's value has gone sky high it seems with BAR's latest contract offers that's been reported. Williams will certainly not come close to those numbers thrown out by BAR. It's a tangled and messy web alright. Alas, only in F1!
Old 18 Jul 2005, 16:26 (Ref:1357874)   #36
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
All this Jenson-bashing it getting ridiculous. What more could he have done with the equipment at hand throughout his career? His only poor seaosn was 2001 at Benetton - he's not the only driver to have been destroyed by Fisichella, but he's the only one to come back from it, and that takes a lot on the mental side. Through the troubles this seaosn he's kept calm and dignified, and hasn't given up. I

t doesn't look like Williams will have works engiens next year, and (according to what's been written so far), that nullifies his Williams deal, so why shouldn't he look elsewhere?
Replacing Rubens with Jenson would be a good move - at the worst they'd be getting a driver who can be a solid #2 for a decade, and there's every chance that he could be the ebst driver available to them.
Old 18 Jul 2005, 17:05 (Ref:1357896)   #37
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Jean Todt has said it's not going to happen
Old 18 Jul 2005, 22:13 (Ref:1358137)   #38
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
Knowing F1 that means he'll be announced next week!
Old 18 Jul 2005, 22:40 (Ref:1358161)   #39
DKGandBH
Veteran

DKGandBH has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Yep...

Speculaction
Official Denial
Official Announcement of the deal!

DKGandBH
Old 18 Jul 2005, 22:54 (Ref:1358173)   #40
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
Although, to be fair, it could be said it tends to be when things are neither confirmed nor denied that means it is certain.
Old 18 Jul 2005, 23:33 (Ref:1358186)   #41
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
Is there any confirmation that Williams' option on Button depends on their having a works engine deal? I haven't heard this said officially, and I wonder if it's being confused with the fact that Button's management's claim that BAR's lack of a guarantee of a works deal freed him from his obligations to them (though of course the CRB saw things differently).
Old 19 Jul 2005, 00:05 (Ref:1358199)   #42
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
I would think any driver with serious ambition would have get out clauses of that nature (provided they had the reputation to "justify" it).