Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 12 Mar 2004, 21:11 (Ref:903770)   #26
Schummy
Subscriber
Veteran

Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!
I think it's Mansell the secret card Frank holds in his shi(r)t
Old 12 Mar 2004, 22:35 (Ref:903836)   #27
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
I actually if Frank has decided that he didn't need any drivers who were more focused on what they earn than winning races, nor does he like wingers. Frank has had a policy of building the best cars he can and then having the best drivers he can get come drive for him, but he'll baulk at people comming in and demanding huge wage packets.
F1atic may be absolutely right.
Frank has decided that both drivers are not in harmony with the management nor the team ethos and if they want to go then they can go, but he won't encourage them to stay. He has one of the best cars, good long term contracts and sponsorship packages and there are heaps of up and comers who want a go. Hence testing Piquet and Rosberg, taking back Pizzonia, testing Gordon. Gene did well at Monza last year. Why pay anyone 6-10 mil a year when you can get someone to do nearly as good a job for approximately 1.5 mil? (thats an out of the air figure!)
Old 12 Mar 2004, 23:52 (Ref:903919)   #28
Schummy
Subscriber
Veteran

Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!
Obviously my former post about Mansell was a joke, but maybe there was a bit of sarcasm about Williams policy.

I'm not sure if FW won some WC by his policy about drivers/cars or he lost some WCs precisely by it. McLaren and Ferrari have followed a more equilibrated policy trying to get great drivers in strong cars. In Macs it has been an old theme, in Ferrari it is at least in the Montemezolo/Todt age.
Old 13 Mar 2004, 17:19 (Ref:904509)   #29
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The lack of resistance Williams display in losing both drivers is perhaps a sign that Williams thought that as good both drivers are, they're quite easily replacable, maybe even at a cheaper price..
Old 13 Mar 2004, 17:34 (Ref:904515)   #30
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
That has always been Williams policy though, hasn't it, no matter who the drivers have been.
Old 16 Mar 2004, 11:15 (Ref:906896)   #31
oziengineer
Racer

oziengineer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm very suprised that Frank wouldn't want some continuity, but we'll never know. It just seems silly to get rid of montoya so early, especially to mclaren, the arch nemesis.
Old 16 Mar 2004, 12:27 (Ref:906950)   #32
Ryder
Rookie

Ryder should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Montoya must be wondering if he has made the right decision. Here he is in a car that is outperforming the one he is going to? To use an English phrase Ralf is Pants!!! Who ever hired him anyway? I think he is the kind of driver that can drive fast, and perform great lap times, but put him on the track with other drivers and he is..........well he is Pants!!!!!!!!! Even though Frank Williams is notorious for small wages, Ralf is overpaid in my opinion. Ship him out Frank, hes holding the team back. Juan is a different kettle of fish. He has taken the team to places that it has not been since Hill. Character, aggression, speed and an I dont care what you think attitude is just what Williams need. I think we should keep him at all costs.
Old 16 Mar 2004, 13:22 (Ref:906992)   #33
climb
Veteran

St Pierre and Miquelon
closer than you thought!
climb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridclimb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Frankly speaking, I can't see about JOM a big difference in performace compared to Ralf: up to now he's just done a little better, thus I don't agree with people who compare him to Senna.
Old 16 Mar 2004, 15:07 (Ref:907079)   #34
Speed
Veteran

Panama
Panama, Rep. of Panama
Speed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by climb
Frankly speaking, I can't see about JOM a big difference in performace compared to Ralf: up to now he's just done a little better, thus I don't agree with people who compare him to Senna.
Senna ? (no way)

But he is better than Ralf by miles !
Old 16 Mar 2004, 15:17 (Ref:907084)   #35
ActiveMS
Racer

ActiveMS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Frank and Patrick are playing hardball, just like they have done for the past xx years. Why should a driver dictate what they do.... drivers are of course in essence employees.

Just shows how professional both JPM and RS are..... eg. THEY ARE NOT

No.1 rule, dont mention it to the press, at least until you start at the new team...... might as well give 'em donkeys to ride on.
Old 17 Mar 2004, 08:30 (Ref:907959)   #36
climb
Veteran

St Pierre and Miquelon
closer than you thought!
climb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridclimb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Speed
Senna ? (no way)

But he is better than Ralf by miles !
IMO JPM still has to prove so better that Ralf
Old 17 Mar 2004, 11:45 (Ref:908082)   #37
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Eh? How do you work that out Climb?

Why does Monster usually always have forward momentum in a race and Ralf go backwards then? (Hungary excepted)

Mind you even in Hungary's case, we've never seen Ralf drive with such daring and skill before or since that day.

Montoya on the other hand....well he's usually like that every race!

Tags
jpm