Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 8 Oct 2008, 19:07 (Ref:2306991)   #1
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Laguna rumors and entries

The race is down to 36 for now as the #30 Intersport has been pulled from the list, probably a total after the head on in the dark at Petit. Also the third Risi is off the list.

L.P.
Old 9 Oct 2008, 17:47 (Ref:2307722)   #2
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
ECO Racing has announced its driver line-up for the Radical SR10/AER at Laguna and it will be Hideki Noda, most recently seen behind the wheel of the KSM Lola Mazda at Le Mans. And also Indy Pro Series driver Andrew Prendeville.

L.P.

Old 9 Oct 2008, 21:27 (Ref:2307897)   #3
mattcat
Veteran

United States
West Palm Beach, FL
mattcat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG
ECO Racing has announced its driver line-up for the Radical SR10/AER at Laguna and it will be Hideki Noda, most recently seen behind the wheel of the KSM Lola Mazda at Le Mans. And also Indy Pro Series driver Andrew Prendeville.

L.P.

This is, of course, assuming that they even show up...
Old 9 Oct 2008, 21:35 (Ref:2307905)   #4
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattcat
This is, of course, assuming that they even show up...
The car does an awful lot of traveling , and almost no running . Makes one wonder what their smuggling around inside the bloody thing ?
Old 10 Oct 2008, 03:30 (Ref:2308060)   #5
Cuttlefish
Racer

United States
Seattle, WA
Cuttlefish should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger
The car does an awful lot of traveling , and almost no running . Makes one wonder what their smuggling around inside the bloody thing ?
Well, the body is already made out of hemp!
Old 10 Oct 2008, 11:28 (Ref:2308296)   #6
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
According http://www.autosport.nl/actueel/news.php?id=8838 Christijan Albers will partner with Pirro in the #1 Audi. It will be a big test for Albers without any prior testing in the R10. Lucas Luhr and Marco Werner drive the #2 car.
Old 10 Oct 2008, 15:16 (Ref:2308434)   #7
WMUCarGuy
Veteran

United States
WMUCarGuy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The 888 Creation is no longer on the list and the 88 will be driven by Campbell-Walter/Simpson/Haliday. The 008 Bell Aston is gone too...

Down to 34...
Old 10 Oct 2008, 15:22 (Ref:2308441)   #8
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwyllion
According http://www.autosport.nl/actueel/news.php?id=8838 Christijan Albers will partner with Pirro in the #1 Audi. It will be a big test for Albers without any prior testing in the R10. Lucas Luhr and Marco Werner drive the #2 car.
Great news for him.
Old 10 Oct 2008, 16:38 (Ref:2308485)   #9
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuttlefish
Well, the body is already made out of hemp!
WOW Id like to be around if and when that goes up on smoke ..... worlds biggest doobie !!!
Old 10 Oct 2008, 18:49 (Ref:2308562)   #10
Cuttlefish
Racer

United States
Seattle, WA
Quote:
Originally Posted by WMUCarGuy
The 888 Creation is no longer on the list and the 88 will be driven by Campbell-Walter/Simpson/Haliday.
Well, it was nice of Creation to at least come over. They proved that Intersport and Autocon weren't doing anything wrong--the car is just that slow.
Old 10 Oct 2008, 20:43 (Ref:2308644)   #11
WMUCarGuy
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Well, it was nice of Creation to at least come over. They proved that Intersport and Autocon weren't doing anything wrong--the car is just that slow.
I'm assuming between all the offs both cars had at Petit, they don't have enough spares to run 2 cars at Laguna.
Old 11 Oct 2008, 23:46 (Ref:2309424)   #12
Aslak Vind
Veteran

Denmark
Copenhagen
Aslak Vind should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I feel sorry for the Creation team.

It is getting to the point, where they have to ask each other, if it is worth it. The car is getting very long in the tooth, no development that I know of.

and still I love this team, one of the last garagistes. But with the CA07, something has to happen. And given the current climate, it seems hard..

Please prove me wrong!
Old 11 Oct 2008, 23:54 (Ref:2309428)   #13
The Badger
Veteran

They would be better off buying the 2 Horag Spyders and running them , imo .
Old 12 Oct 2008, 00:19 (Ref:2309449)   #14
NightStalk3r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wiltshire, England
NightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
They would be better off Buying a new Zytek and developing that into there next Creation for 08.
Old 12 Oct 2008, 00:26 (Ref:2309454)   #15
Aslak Vind
Veteran

Denmark
Copenhagen
Aslak Vind should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How about them buying a current car, instead of wasting money developing a car into a current maschine?

Basically not much has happened, looking at the new Zytek.

Unless, I am mistaken?

Last edited by Aslak Vind; 12 Oct 2008 at 00:33.
Old 12 Oct 2008, 08:09 (Ref:2309859)   #16
Cuttlefish
Racer

United States
Seattle, WA
Quote:
Is Horag selling their cars? I thought they were still going to be in LMS next year?
Old 12 Oct 2008, 08:34 (Ref:2309889)   #17
SebringMG
Veteran

United Kingdom
SebringMG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aslak Vind
How about them buying a current car, instead of wasting money developing a car into a current maschine?

Unless, I am mistaken?
Lol - the Zytek IS a modern car right up there with the new lola and possibly better as it is an integrated package.. The only better available package would be the lola-aston which has had a lot of money spent on it.

You seem to have a real downer on Zytek over several threads and seem to think it is based still on the old reynard - it is not!!! It is a new tub with new suspension, new bodywork (with more to come over the winter) and a heavily redeveloped engine.

In terms of raw pace the current car is very quick - did you even see PLM ?
Old 12 Oct 2008, 08:49 (Ref:2309906)   #18
knighty
Veteran

England
Essex
knighty should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridknighty should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aslak Vind

Unless, I am mistaken?
I actually dont think the creation is a bad car, but one thing is for sure, the judd 5.5 is best suited to big fast power circuits like, LeMans, Monza and Spa, take it to a tight twisty track like PLM, and it will not perform, sure enough, thats what happened to all the Judd V10 cars at PLM.......if creation are serious about the ALMS, they need a new engine, either the 4.5 Zytek or the 4.0 AER will be fine choices, I doubt Zytek would let them have their engine, so thet leaves the AER unit.

Jonny mowlem (I think) was in the commentators box at PLM after a stint in the 4.0 Zytek, and he said the judd cars were quick down the straights but slow through the corners, which says it all for me. dont get me wrong, the Judd 5.5 is a good engine, its just the wrong tool for the job of ALMS
Old 12 Oct 2008, 11:37 (Ref:2310067)   #19
AU N EGL
Veteran

United States
Raleigh, North Carolina
AU N EGL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAU N EGL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
PL( Road Atlanta ) is not a tight twisty track, it is a HIGH power track. Mid-ohio and Leguna are more intermediate tracks. Sebring, & Road America are high speed high powered tracks. Mosport is a highspeed high downforce track

Long Beach, St Pete and Detroit are tight twisty street ciruits.

Road Atlanta is one of the fastest tracks around. The Pug at just over 200 mph, the Audi in the 190s on the back straight into turn 10.

The front straight out of T12 and into T1 to T3, plus T5 to T6 are very very fast sections with speeds of the top P1 cars into the low to mid 160mph

Road Atlanta is Not an easy track to learn. Many elevation changes, high speed downhill then uphill esses is quite challenging, T3 to T5

If a car can not do well at Road Atlanta, I would say it is the driver who needs to spend more time on Road Atlanta to learn the course.
Old 12 Oct 2008, 13:08 (Ref:2310142)   #20
Hugewally
Veteran

United States
Largo, FL USA
Hugewally should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by knighty
I actually dont think the creation is a bad car, but one thing is for sure, the judd 5.5 is best suited to big fast power circuits like, LeMans, Monza and Spa, take it to a tight twisty track like PLM, and it will not perform, sure enough, thats what happened to all the Judd V10 cars at PLM.......if creation are serious about the ALMS, they need a new engine, either the 4.5 Zytek or the 4.0 AER will be fine choices, I doubt Zytek would let them have their engine, so thet leaves the AER unit.

Jonny mowlem (I think) was in the commentators box at PLM after a stint in the 4.0 Zytek, and he said the judd cars were quick down the straights but slow through the corners, which says it all for me. dont get me wrong, the Judd 5.5 is a good engine, its just the wrong tool for the job of ALMS
And Mowlem was on Dunlops...
Old 12 Oct 2008, 13:42 (Ref:2310170)   #21
Jonerz
Veteran

United States
Youston
Jonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by AU N EGL
PL( Road Atlanta ) is not a tight twisty track, it is a HIGH power track. Mid-ohio and Leguna are more intermediate tracks. Sebring, & Road America are high speed high powered tracks. Mosport is a highspeed high downforce track

Long Beach, St Pete and Detroit are tight twisty street ciruits.

Road Atlanta is one of the fastest tracks around. The Pug at just over 200 mph, the Audi in the 190s on the back straight into turn 10.

The front straight out of T12 and into T1 to T3, plus T5 to T6 are very very fast sections with speeds of the top P1 cars into the low to mid 160mph

Road Atlanta is Not an easy track to learn. Many elevation changes, high speed downhill then uphill esses is quite challenging, T3 to T5

If a car can not do well at Road Atlanta, I would say it is the driver who needs to spend more time on Road Atlanta to learn the course.
Though Sebring does have some bits where cars can stretch their legs, I would argue that the "infield section" (turn two, though the "safety pin" and out to Tower(?)) reward a car good in braking and slower corners. Though nowhere near as tight or twisty as Street Circuits. I think the fastest tracks in (North) America were proven to be just that in ALMS this year 1) Mosport 2) Road Atlanta 3) Road America.

Chris
Old 12 Oct 2008, 18:23 (Ref:2310378)   #22
WMUCarGuy
Veteran

United States
I'm curious why the Corsa car wasn't also fitted with the 4.5L motor? Or will it be eventually?
Old 12 Oct 2008, 19:45 (Ref:2310436)   #23
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
It was planned to be the 4.5L from the start, but maybe they felt it better to get some time on the engine before installing it into the Corsa car also. I would imagine it will be in the Corsa car for Laguna, unless there was a niggle that was not publicized from Petit.

L.P.
Old 12 Oct 2008, 21:57 (Ref:2310564)   #24
The Badger
Veteran

Quote:
Is Horag selling their cars? I thought they were still going to be in LMS next year?
I think the preferance is to sell them ..... but from what ive heard , they want to race the car with Lammers-Theys and a "gentleman" (rich) dude . And then retire them to a museum in 2010 .
Old 13 Oct 2008, 00:25 (Ref:2310633)   #25
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by WMUCarGuy
I'm curious why the Corsa car wasn't also fitted with the 4.5L motor? Or will it be eventually?
I think they will eventually have the 4.5 with the hybrid system. They mentioned it could be in the car for Laguna, but I wouldn't count on it. But for sure next season they will have the 4.5 + Hybrid