Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 2 May 2009, 11:56 (Ref:2454103)   #76
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by yap View Post

V8s would benefit from more NASCAR style rulings (and commentary) no doubt. Biff and barge, bash and crash, liberal application of racing room rules, TC could suggest it as an improvement to the show perhaps?
Old 2 May 2009, 12:37 (Ref:2454120)   #77
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwi20 View Post
Caruso was hardly in traffic though was he. Like 1 or 2 laps. Then all by himself at the front.
CAMS Stuff

Mr Caruso needs a lesson in managing the field after a SC pulls off... CAMS gave him a reprimand... I thought a drive thru equivalent would be the course taken but apparently not.
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 2 May 2009, 19:01 (Ref:2454215)   #78
mctshirt
Racer

New Zealand
The Land Of The Long Wide Bum
mctshirt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Hello kettle, I'm pot and you're black.

Who pulled straight out into the traffic when he got spun causing some unnecessary braking and avoidance by the following cars
Old 2 May 2009, 20:32 (Ref:2454244)   #79
yap
Racer

Australia
Gold Coast
yap should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mctshirt View Post
Hello kettle, I'm pot and you're black.

Who pulled straight out into the traffic when he got spun causing some unnecessary braking and avoidance by the following cars
I would of thought there would be at least some mention of that (even if there was no case to answer), as I think it was Steven Richards who had to slow down and take a different line to avoid Garth
Old 2 May 2009, 21:42 (Ref:2454258)   #80
Micklegend
Veteran

Australia
Canberra
Micklegend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMicklegend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Congrats Craig on a good win and a Voda 1-2.

Will be interesting to see if anyone re-uses the sprint tyre early today or save it to the end of the race. I expect Junior to come home top 5 today.
Old 2 May 2009, 22:26 (Ref:2454276)   #81
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
its funny that they guy that wins didnt get involved in 4 incidents and won. yet this loud mouth gets involved in 4 incidents and they are all "someone elses fault"

you have to love the battle between Will and GT. 5 out of 5 now for the newbie. if only he could qualify (what were they thinking "saving tyres for the next bit"

PS i think we all saw yesterday that skaife has a holden bias
Old 2 May 2009, 22:27 (Ref:2454279)   #82
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Micklegend View Post
Congrats Craig on a good win and a Voda 1-2.

Will be interesting to see if anyone re-uses the sprint tyre early today or save it to the end of the race. I expect Junior to come home top 5 today.

i dont think we will see any re-uses i got the impression there is not really any benefit because they are well past there best.

Im picking JNR for a win
Old 2 May 2009, 22:38 (Ref:2454283)   #83
sjames
Rookie

sjames should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm thinking the stratagy for today for those with soft tyres left will be to try to get to about 25 too 30 laps left to run, if there is a safety car after that they will almost unstoppable.
Old 2 May 2009, 23:35 (Ref:2454290)   #84
NAC
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
NAC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNAC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAC View Post
Can some one tell me why Caruso can give Fabian a tap, takes the place because of the tap, not give the place back and not get a penality?
Anyone got an answer on this? Have the rules changed?
Old 2 May 2009, 23:47 (Ref:2454293)   #85
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
didnt they change the rules last year to allow the give them a bit of a shove as long as yo dont turn them around

edit and GTR (even though its in the enxt post) is it fair to say that maybe GT should have left some room, afterall he new fabian was on sprint tyres and he should have played it smart and allowed fabian to past, instead of holding them up for over a lap
Old 2 May 2009, 23:47 (Ref:2454294)   #86
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The old 'b-pillar' rule is still the one being enforced...

Mr Coulthard was too aggressive in his dealings with Mr Tander... just as Mr Murphy was some laps later with Mr Patrizi...

Unless they are on the last corner of the very last lap... there is no real rush to punt people off if there is genine pace that can get them past at a 'safer' location on the circuit....
Old 3 May 2009, 00:16 (Ref:2454298)   #87
Amaroo Park
Veteran

Australia
New South Wales
Amaroo Park should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
its funny that they guy that wins didnt get involved in 4 incidents and won. yet this loud mouth gets involved in 4 incidents and they are all "someone elses fault"

you have to love the battle between Will and GT. 5 out of 5 now for the newbie. if only he could qualify (what were they thinking "saving tyres for the next bit"

PS i think we all saw yesterday that skaife has a holden bias
As was said by Skaife in the telecast Tander used to be the same with running into people etc. Shame that Garth's memory isnt what it used to be.
Old 3 May 2009, 00:22 (Ref:2454300)   #88
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
i think he still is the same. reckon he ran into a few people yesterday and finished at least 2 peoples races
Old 3 May 2009, 00:24 (Ref:2454301)   #89
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAC View Post
Anyone got an answer on this? Have the rules changed?
They've been allowing rubbing and the "tap and pass" approach for a while now - what they don't allow is rubbing hard enough to spin or knock a car off track.

Not entirely sure on where they draw the line as it is covered in drivers' briefings but that's the gist.

As GTR said, the B pillar "rule" is still used when apportioning blame if there is an incident.
Old 3 May 2009, 01:23 (Ref:2454316)   #90
Geewizz
Racer

Geewizz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I imagine the pressure on GT at th mo is quite heavy - hence the attitude.... the only shot we saw of Mr Macnamara was down in GRM pits - message there?
Old 3 May 2009, 01:42 (Ref:2454320)   #91
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Q2

Situation normal....................
Old 3 May 2009, 01:47 (Ref:2454323)   #92
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geewizz View Post
I imagine the pressure on GT at th mo is quite heavy - hence the attitude.... the only shot we saw of Mr Macnamara was down in GRM pits - message there?
Yeah - there's work needed to be done in the HRT garage so he'd be nowhere near there!
Old 3 May 2009, 02:14 (Ref:2454335)   #93
Amaroo Park
Veteran

Australia
New South Wales
The guys on the next him and on the second row will need to be aggresive and try and get Whincup into the first corner.
Old 3 May 2009, 02:33 (Ref:2454339)   #94
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by racer69 View Post
Weren't the new rules meant to rid us of this "lap 1 pitstop" rubbish?

Cars on yellow tyres just barging the others out of the way, not what i call good motor racing... but apparently to the masses it is
racer, thought about this more and i have the answer now

they were emant to introduce a smaller fuel tank in time for Winton, they were unable to get aenough tanks in time for Winton and as a result they created this one of rule for winton that each team must put in 50 litres of fuel at one poinet during the race

it is a one off here

there is thread where we discuss the fuel tanks
Old 3 May 2009, 03:21 (Ref:2454345)   #95
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
And again #7 stuffs up, goes to an adbreak just as Mr Dumbrell was taking Mr Lowndes for the lead@!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 3 May 2009, 03:41 (Ref:2454347)   #96
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
stupid stupid stupid stupid

triple 8 what were you thinking
Old 3 May 2009, 03:56 (Ref:2454350)   #97
Amaroo Park
Veteran

Australia
New South Wales
Like the pass on Marshall by Lowndes
Old 3 May 2009, 05:10 (Ref:2454358)   #98
Senna05
Veteran

Australia
Newcastle, NSW, Australia
Senna05 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Will we hear more from the 888/FPR Pit situation? Surely Frosty could have gotten out if Whincup wasn't right next to him...and the Tyre could have been alot worse than it was.

I have to admit, the racing with the soft tyre was a little confusing, but a nice change of pace. I give it 3-4 rounds before they get on top of it though, and it's situation normal.
Old 3 May 2009, 05:29 (Ref:2454363)   #99
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i like the mix up of pace and some of the usual also-rans getting a decent resault, like you say though it can be confusing the stripe is hard to identify and the camera angle isn't always allowing you to see the light. i like what SGR have done and use black wheels for the options.

surely something has to be done about Whinky just parking in pitlane. IMO he sould of been made to go through and not stop.
Old 3 May 2009, 05:40 (Ref:2454369)   #100
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
R3