Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 3 May 2009, 05:44 (Ref:2454372)   #101
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
And Marcus Marshall is now the V8Supercar lap record holder for Winton with his 1.22:9813
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 3 May 2009, 05:48 (Ref:2454375)   #102
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
well done marcus marshall for setting the lap record
Old 3 May 2009, 06:22 (Ref:2454379)   #103
Amaroo Park
Veteran

Australia
New South Wales
Amaroo Park should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I wonder if before this weekend anyone else other than Marcus believed he had it in him. Hopefully this goes some way to helping them get a sponsor
Old 3 May 2009, 07:12 (Ref:2454393)   #104
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
CAMS hasnt updated their site as yet for the penalties likely to come from Pitlanegate.... where do the faults lie?

Frosty was boxed in by the 2 888 cars, one in front, one to the right. He eventually cleared the box, but bumped a 888 wheel out of the way.

Mr W Davison went into the box at totally the wrong angle , hit his own tyres on the way in, which didnt end up in the hot lane.. but was out of control.

The 2-wide run out of pitlane for a number of pairs, I counted at least 2... needs to be examined...

Its all very well to bleat about Winton's facilities, but for some of these guys its their test track and they couldnt get their crap together...

Could mean the final result is shaken up a bit...
Old 3 May 2009, 07:25 (Ref:2454399)   #105
thunderbolt
Veteran

thunderbolt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i think it would be a bit unfair if 888 did not get some sort penalty
if they where on the race track they would get a drive-through penalty for blocking
Old 3 May 2009, 07:30 (Ref:2454401)   #106
Amaroo Park
Veteran

Australia
New South Wales
Some of the things that went on in the pit lane today where an absolute joke. People stopped in the lane it's self while teams mates cars were serviced, people running into tyres that probably should haven been there and running down the lane two and three wide. Someone will end up getting hurt unless they tighten up the penalties for pit lane procedures
Old 3 May 2009, 07:34 (Ref:2454403)   #107
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderbolt View Post
i think it would be a bit unfair if 888 did not get some sort penalty
if they where on the race track they would get a drive-through penalty for blocking
The answer is relatively simple, close both ends of pitlane when the Safety car is declared... then you wont have 30 cars run in at the same time....
Old 3 May 2009, 07:40 (Ref:2454407)   #108
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
bluesport User had had their licence endorsedbluesport User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
The answer is relatively simple, close both ends of pitlane when the Safety car is declared... then you wont have 30 cars run in at the same time....
That would be the best solution. They all came in when Holdsworth expired.
Old 3 May 2009, 07:45 (Ref:2454410)   #109
Amaroo Park
Veteran

Australia
New South Wales
Quote:

Definitely would make the most sense. I would add they should also try a rule to stop two team cars queuing in pit lane for service at any time
Old 3 May 2009, 07:54 (Ref:2454414)   #110
evshez28
Rookie

evshez28 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
888 total blocking(cheating), both cars should have got drive throughs
Old 3 May 2009, 08:05 (Ref:2454417)   #111
NAC
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
NAC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNAC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaroo Park View Post
I wonder if before this weekend anyone else other than Marcus believed he had it in him. Hopefully this goes some way to helping them get a sponsor
Not to mention save his grid girls
Old 3 May 2009, 08:08 (Ref:2454419)   #112
nomad_n
Racer

New Zealand
gold coast
nomad_n should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good to see Tander complaining about the standard of driving yesterday... Maybe he should look at his driving efforts running into the back of other drivers and causing other incidents along the way....
Old 3 May 2009, 08:14 (Ref:2454422)   #113
Amaroo Park
Veteran

Australia
New South Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAC View Post
Not to mention save his grid girls
YEAH EXACTLY
Old 3 May 2009, 08:24 (Ref:2454425)   #114
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomad_n View Post
Good to see Tander complaining about the standard of driving yesterday... Maybe he should look at his driving efforts running into the back of other drivers and causing other incidents along the way....
why was GT not meatballed for the damage to his car in both races.

We are told that the damge was enough to talk holdsworth out of race 1. and we were only a minor incident away froma more significant incident in race two

Come on V8SA safety is safety and that car was not safe
Old 3 May 2009, 08:34 (Ref:2454428)   #115
Rick
Veteran

Madagascar
Fantasyland
Rick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
if 1% of the people watching today had the slightest idea what was going on I'd be surprised.

to have the slightest chance of making it work CH7 has to increase about ten fold the amount of information the viewer gets - lap times, who's on what, who stopped when, who's got tyres left - everyone, not just the top half dozen or so.

Most of the blokes I know struggle to follow a normal enduro race ("who's in front now?") - good luck explaining that lot today.

There are going to be huge winners and losers thrown up depending on safety car timing - thats the idea I suppose, the WWE of motorsport.
Old 3 May 2009, 08:42 (Ref:2454433)   #116
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
so if what you are saying is right then Rick, then they would have loved the racing of the last two days, they got to see passing and crashes . what more do they need

but i agree more data is useful, but hey they cant even provide the data we need to watch qualifying
Old 3 May 2009, 08:45 (Ref:2454436)   #117
Rick
Veteran

Madagascar
Fantasyland
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
so if what you are saying is right then Rick, then they would have loved the racing of the last two days, they got to see passing and crashes . what more do they need
absolutely - I think it is more "lowest common denominator" stuff
Old 3 May 2009, 08:48 (Ref:2454437)   #118
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
thats how motorsport works though
Old 3 May 2009, 08:58 (Ref:2454440)   #119
Rick
Veteran

Madagascar
Fantasyland
depends what you want I suppose -I'd prefer to see the good guys at the front battling it out and seeing who is doing well than watch Jack Perkins overtaking Craig Lowndes or watching Johnson and Murphy out the front with commentators raving how he's gone from 18th to 5th or whatever it was when in fact they are effectively about 20th (but who'd know!).

Might as well go back to reverse grids - that'll provide more passing and crashing for the masses.
Old 3 May 2009, 08:59 (Ref:2454441)   #120
Ricky Bobby
Racer

Australia
Ricky Bobby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
its funny that they guy that wins didnt get involved in 4 incidents and won. yet this loud mouth gets involved in 4 incidents and they are all "someone elses fault"

you have to love the battle between Will and GT. 5 out of 5 now for the newbie. if only he could qualify (what were they thinking "saving tyres for the next bit"

PS i think we all saw yesterday that skaife has a holden bias
Quote:
why was GT not meatballed for the damage to his car in both races.

We are told that the damge was enough to talk holdsworth out of race 1. and we were only a minor incident away froma more significant incident in race two

Come on V8SA safety is safety and that car was not safe
OMG...I've found myself agreeing with you Peckstar...and I'm not even off my face on drugs today
I think the pressure is getting to GT.
I wonder when he will accept that his team mate Will has twice the talent he does?
Old 3 May 2009, 09:01 (Ref:2454443)   #121
TMS
Racer

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
TMS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
And again #7 stuffs up, goes to an adbreak just as Mr Dumbrell was taking Mr Lowndes for the lead@!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You need to get a HDD recorder. I start watching the telecast about 30-40 mins behind so I can skip all the advertising.

Also, with all the negativity flying around from all the experts......you cant deny that today produced some great racing. The cream always rises to the top, however it was great to see people like Slade, Murph, Stevie J and Dumbrell get in it with the tire rules.

And the action in pit lane, well i thought it was exciting.
Old 3 May 2009, 09:05 (Ref:2454447)   #122
TMS
Racer

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky Bobby View Post
OMG...I've found myself agreeing with you Peckstar...and I'm not even off my face on drugs today
I think the pressure is getting to GT.
I wonder when he will accept that his team mate Will has twice the talent he does?
Thats a bit harsh. not sure about 'twice the talent' remark, however he is feeling the pressure. Just like Lowdnes is........however I think he is feeling more pressure from the Fords rather than his team mate.
Old 3 May 2009, 09:07 (Ref:2454448)   #123
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
you lost me there TMS, who is feeling the pressure from the fords
Old 3 May 2009, 09:17 (Ref:2454452)   #124
TMS
Racer

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
sorry. Tander is feeling the pressure the fords......888 especially. His team mate is giving him a run for his money, but I dont think that really bothers him that much. He has the same machinery as his team mate, however he doesnt have a 888 chassis which seems to be the car to have.
Old 3 May 2009, 09:19 (Ref:2454455)   #125
Ricky Bobby
Racer

Australia
Ricky Bobby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMS View Post
Thats a bit harsh. not sure about 'twice the talent' remark, however he is feeling the pressure. Just like Lowdnes is........however I think he is feeling more pressure from the Fords rather than his team mate.
Hmmmm...Sorry TMS.
I should have said 1 and 3/4 of the talent.