Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 10 Jan 2012, 09:52 (Ref:3009737)   #101
jsmee
Veteran

England
Essex, UK
jsmee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

This livery is much better than I expected!

Old 10 Jan 2012, 11:51 (Ref:3009788)   #102
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The latest part of the North one saga is they are preventing the company doing the timing from doing their job at the Monte Carlo Rally.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/96934

There by putting the event at risk.
Old 10 Jan 2012, 12:29 (Ref:3009800)   #103
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmee View Post
This livery is much better than I expected!

That does look pretty good...

...I still prefer it all in white though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfhound View Post
The latest part of the North one saga is they are preventing the company doing the timing from doing their job at the Monte Carlo Rally.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/96934

There by putting the event at risk.
For **** sake, we just want to see some rallying! The transition from North One to Eurosport is certainly looking to be a messy one, isn't it?

Clearly that earlier statement about North One being unaffected by the financial issues of their parent company was BS though, as it seems North One have outstanding debt(s) as well.

Hope they manage to find a quick resolution to this, or I think it'll be a serious blow for the WRC: just as it seems to be getting on its feet again.
Old 10 Jan 2012, 13:55 (Ref:3009833)   #104
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
What a mess
Old 11 Jan 2012, 13:11 (Ref:3010215)   #105
AndyS
Veteran

England
N Yorks
AndyS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbtstt View Post

Hope they manage to find a quick resolution to this, or I think it'll be a serious blow for the WRC: just as it seems to be getting on its feet again.
I am inclined to think they will and I'd be very surprised if the Monte is cancelled. I'll be interested to see what the Eurosport coverage will be like. I'm sure the live stuff will be fine, it's whether they have any highlights shows or not that will be key for me. They do highlights of the bike racing and the god awful WTCC but I didn't notice any for the endurance events last year.
Old 11 Jan 2012, 15:11 (Ref:3010253)   #106
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Works Fords should be blue and white, just like Ferraris should be red. I love brand colors - Seat in yellow and red, Renault in yellow and black (actually I hate those colors, bu I like that they stick to them), Jaguar and Aston martin in British green...
Old 12 Jan 2012, 00:53 (Ref:3010465)   #107
kober
Racer

kober should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good news: Mini WRC Team have been accepted as a M1 manufacture (although they will be required to start in seven not thirteen rallies), so the homologation of the updated version of JCW should happen.

There will be quite a fleet of Fiestas in this year's campaign:
- Latvala (Ford WRT)
- P. Solberg (Ford WRT, in a role of the second driver)
- Tanak (M-Sport WRT, full season)
- Novikov (M-Sport WRT, at least eight rounds)
- Ostberg (eleven rounds)
- Wilson
- H. Solberg
- Prokop (European rounds only)
- Ketomaa (five rounds only)
- and some "relay" drivers in M-Sport's third car

Just a few of DS3s (quality > quantity):
- Loeb (Citroen WRT)
- Hirvonen (Citroen WRT)
- Al-Attiyah (works car branded as Qatar WRT)
- Neuville (Citroen Junior WRT, at least nine rounds)
- van Merksteijns (few rounds only, Sr. in MC, Jr. in SE)

And just a few of JCWs (quality?):
- Sordo (Mini WRT)
- pay drivers (Campana/Sandell*) in second works car
- Nobre (full season)
- Goransson (just few rounds)
- Araujo (just few rounds)

* Sandell has been chosen to drive for Sweden WRT
Old 12 Jan 2012, 08:55 (Ref:3010543)   #108
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Has Wilson got a drive for 2012 then? I've seen or heard nothing from his camp with regards to the forthcoming season!
Old 12 Jan 2012, 09:30 (Ref:3010557)   #109
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Has Wilson got a drive for 2012 then? I've seen or heard nothing from his camp with regards to the forthcoming season!
The Stobart deal ran out at the end of last season so unless he's found someone to replace the Stobart sponsorship I doubt Matt Wilson will be doing many events (if any). It's a shame for him but he's had his chance and obviously hasn't done enough to get the call up from a works team.
Old 12 Jan 2012, 09:40 (Ref:3010564)   #110
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
The Stobart deal ran out at the end of last season so unless he's found someone to replace the Stobart sponsorship I doubt Matt Wilson will be doing many events (if any). It's a shame for him but he's had his chance and obviously hasn't done enough to get the call up from a works team.
I thought that was the case. Extremely unpatriotic of me to say, but I can't see his deparature from the WRC being a great loss to the sport. I've long thought there were many other drivers more deserving of his seat.
Old 12 Jan 2012, 10:44 (Ref:3010608)   #111
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Extremely unpatriotic of me to say, but I can't see his deparature from the WRC being a great loss to the sport. I've long thought there were many other drivers more deserving of his seat.
Agreed. Matt got a better chance to impress than most do and he really didn't do anything to prove he deserved his place in the WRC. Plenty of better drivers didn't or don't have a drive.
Old 12 Jan 2012, 11:01 (Ref:3010614)   #112
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
wilson's actually on the list for the rmc entered under his own name. so basically the same as before but without stobart and the family team name?

he was rubbish in single seaters, spent most of his time facing the wrong way or in a gravel trap. at least in rallying he's got a bit of family knowledge to run with.
Old 12 Jan 2012, 15:43 (Ref:3010743)   #113
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
Agreed. Matt got a better chance to impress than most do and he really didn't do anything to prove he deserved his place in the WRC. Plenty of better drivers didn't or don't have a drive.
I always thought he was a case of pure nepotism and there was never once I ever said "WOW he's really good" or ever saw a rally where there was any "flash of brilliance".

After having 6 seasons in the WRC with a near factory car, he should have had at least one great weekend in there.
Old 12 Jan 2012, 16:31 (Ref:3010775)   #114
jsmee
Veteran

England
Essex, UK
jsmee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Citroen's 2012 livery unveiled on their FB page. Pretty unimaginative - I see no difference with 2011!
Old 13 Jan 2012, 21:19 (Ref:3011379)   #115
Jimmy Magnusson
Veteran

Sweden
Jimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainstar View Post
I always thought he was a case of pure nepotism and there was never once I ever said "WOW he's really good" or ever saw a rally where there was any "flash of brilliance".

After having 6 seasons in the WRC with a near factory car, he should have had at least one great weekend in there.
Really good, he barely ever reached mediocre. For him to put in a good drive would require breaking reality. That he can have a single person supporting him is sad in itself. It's been embarrasing seeing him hog a car in M-Sport all these years while making delusional statements about five year plans. I get Brits are starved for drivers on the world stage but that shouldn't be reason to support a no-hope who doesn't even have the personality to weigh up the lack of speed or talent.
Old 13 Jan 2012, 22:00 (Ref:3011396)   #116
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Citroen's 2012 livery unveiled on their FB page. Pretty unimaginative - I see no difference with 2011!
Will be interesting to see if Red Bull switches to VW in 2013.
Maybe Red Bull will do both.
Or maybe VW will have, except for suppliers like Castrol, no external sponsors.

The last option would not surprise me. On that way all attention goes to VW.

Finally a Dutch driver has a contract with a manufacturer.
Old 13 Jan 2012, 23:14 (Ref:3011427)   #117
kober
Racer

Quote:
What about the following liveries of Tanak's Fiesta, and van Merksteijn's DS3?

In other news, Eurosport's coverage of RMC will be highlights only, no stages will be shown live. They're starting on Wednesday.
Old 14 Jan 2012, 09:50 (Ref:3011508)   #118
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Magnusson View Post
Really good, he barely ever reached mediocre. For him to put in a good drive would require breaking reality. That he can have a single person supporting him is sad in itself. It's been embarrasing seeing him hog a car in M-Sport all these years while making delusional statements about five year plans.
Harsh...

...but I don't disagree!
Old 16 Jan 2012, 22:14 (Ref:3012560)   #119
kober
Racer

The 80th edition of Monte Carlo Rally starts on Wednesday. There will be 18 SS (a total of 433 km) spread over four days, including some night tries. Plus a Power Stage on Sunday.

There are 17 WRC cars on the official entry list: nine Fords, four Citroens and four Minis. Notably, Delecour is back in M-Sport's third car, trying to emulate his '94 win
Old 17 Jan 2012, 12:10 (Ref:3012808)   #120
cg7aa
Veteran

cg7aa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2SAsp...layer_embedded
Old 17 Jan 2012, 21:52 (Ref:3013072)   #121
leonidas
Veteran

England
Coventry
leonidas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridleonidas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Magnusson View Post
Really good, he barely ever reached mediocre. For him to put in a good drive would require breaking reality. That he can have a single person supporting him is sad in itself. It's been embarrasing seeing him hog a car in M-Sport all these years while making delusional statements about five year plans. I get Brits are starved for drivers on the world stage but that shouldn't be reason to support a no-hope who doesn't even have the personality to weigh up the lack of speed or talent.
All this is fair enough - I've certainly criticised the guy in the past - but if someone handed you a WRC seat for six years would you have turned it down?

I actually feel a bit sorry for Wilson. He's been chasing a dream that was never really on. Hopefully he can reestablish his reputation elsewhere.
Old 18 Jan 2012, 09:58 (Ref:3013301)   #122
sihorton
Racer

England
up north, aka lancashire
sihorton should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
anybody found any websites with todays stage timing on it?

Si
Old 18 Jan 2012, 10:47 (Ref:3013328)   #123
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
si, there's the ffsa live timing site here: http://www.ffsa.org/res_rallye.php?i...&catCourse=ral

its loading a lot faster than the acm version which is here: http://www.rallyliveresults.com/live...type=CS&num=02
Old 18 Jan 2012, 11:27 (Ref:3013356)   #124
morningview66
Racer

morningview66 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmorningview66 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rally Monte is really suffering this year with the change back to the WRC and this whole promotor **** up.

Lack of TV/Website news.....

Is rally radio covering the event can anyone tell me?
Old 18 Jan 2012, 13:11 (Ref:3013397)   #125
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
City of Glasgow, Scotland, UK
nickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes, it is.

http://www.wrc.com/fanzone/world-rally-radio/