Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 8 Sep 2014, 01:53 (Ref:3451150)   #626
MoMedic9019
Veteran

United States
Wauwatosa, WI
MoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeezPutz View Post
Dyson didn't buy a single thing. They will get curb stomped in GTD.
Right...

Avoiding the obvious troll...moving on.
“We’re trying to close the doors without embarrassing ourselves, the France family and embarrassing (the) Grand American Series,” he said in the deposition. “There is no money. There is no purse. There’s nothing.”
Old 8 Sep 2014, 23:16 (Ref:3451356)   #627
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelochs View Post
Whence come those P1 chassis?

I'd certainly watch, but the real deal with P1 is the fact that the teams are allowed to develop. The real problem with P2 is that the cars are effectively sealed---good for keeping costs down but it takes some of the thrill away.

P1 chassis are not just sitting around for purchase--and if the same non-development rules were in place it wouldn't matter anyway.
You already had Hpd running in 2013, 3 with Rebellion and Dyson. They could have grandfathered them for this year until they built or bought new cars. Rebellion did this. Its not a lack of chassis, but lack of places to run them and teams willing. Pickett and Dyson were willing. Porsche was rumored to want to run a 919 in alms. They could follow the wec example and drop the private teams to 800kg with lenient fuel flows/tank sizes. There was options, everyone knows it. But whats done is done, sadly
Old 15 Sep 2014, 02:28 (Ref:3453415)   #628
Dyson Mazda
Veteran

United States
Charlotte, NC
Dyson Mazda should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDyson Mazda should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
First off I would love to see a Dyson Bentley in GTD with a Dyson/Smith/Leitzinger/McMurry lineup. I doubt it will happen though.

Also, Starworks is looking a DP/P2/PC/GTD programs next year and cites interest in P2.

http://www.racer.com/imsa/item/10847...type-expansion
Old 15 Sep 2014, 04:07 (Ref:3453430)   #629
David Land
Veteran

United States
Franklin, Indiana
David Land has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
You already had Hpd running in 2013, 3 with Rebellion and Dyson. They could have grandfathered them for this year until they built or bought new cars. Rebellion did this. Its not a lack of chassis, but lack of places to run them and teams willing. Pickett and Dyson were willing. Porsche was rumored to want to run a 919 in alms. They could follow the wec example and drop the private teams to 800kg with lenient fuel flows/tank sizes. There was options, everyone knows it. But whats done is done, sadly
Yep, I asked Rob and Chris straight up at Petit last year if they would be running P2 or DP.

Chris said neither, they wanted to be in P1. Rob agreed. Chris also said something along the lines of 'we tried that once, never again', specifically about DP racing.

Bentley's gain, TUSCAR's loss... actually the fans' loss.
Old 15 Sep 2014, 04:16 (Ref:3453432)   #630
Gulf
Racer

Gulf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
There where options but none that would let a DP beat a p1 so they had to be tossed. Technically they had more P1 teams than P2 teams at the time because Tucker wouldn't run all pro so that left only ESM at the start.
Old 15 Sep 2014, 05:31 (Ref:3453449)   #631
Rcz
Veteran

United States
Rcz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
He should of went to LMP1 lights in the WEC.
Old 15 Sep 2014, 16:23 (Ref:3453594)   #632
MoMedic9019
Veteran

United States
Wauwatosa, WI
MoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gulf View Post
There where options but none that would let a DP beat a p1 so they had to be tossed. Technically they had more P1 teams than P2 teams at the time because Tucker wouldn't run all pro so that left only ESM at the start.
Exactly.

There are number of moving pieces really...(giant)part of which is the lack of chassis. There just were not many P1 customer chassis laying about without Lola around anymore. Short of allowing a bunch of overworked, five year old, Pesca 01's, or LC70's, or maybe the odd 908, it would have been very, very hard to make P1 work for 12+ cars.

I know that Dyson, and Muscle Milk wanted P1, but they were the only ones. P2 was the way forward, and that's the only way it should have gone. No mixing of DP/P2....it was just too much.
“We’re trying to close the doors without embarrassing ourselves, the France family and embarrassing (the) Grand American Series,” he said in the deposition. “There is no money. There is no purse. There’s nothing.”
Old 15 Sep 2014, 16:54 (Ref:3453602)   #633
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hmm, sure seems to me that ESM plans on running the team for the full TUSC schedule.
"Sharp said the WEC hasn’t released its 2015 schedule yet, but the team will definitely consider entering another race in Europe before the 24 Hours of Le Mans if it is possible."

http://highlandstoday.com/hi/sports/...ture-20140915/

L.P.
Old 15 Sep 2014, 20:32 (Ref:3453668)   #634
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!
"...consider entering another race in Europe before the 24 Hours of Le Mans..." - I can see why one could interpret this as Le Mans + a single European (WEC or ELMS) round.

If only to provide perhaps a different angle, now read the sentence assuming ESM will be running WEC (auto entry to LM anyway). It still makes perfect sense and does not contradict itself in any way. So we know:

1. ESM wants to do Le Mans
2. ESM has a fat chance of getting there on TUSC merit
3. ESM will automatically be entered if they run WEC

It sounds more the opposite of running full season TUSC. I get that ESM has intentions to be running WEC (or at the very least the bare minimum to get LM entry), would like to run an additional race in Europe (ELMS) if possible and still wants to do Le Mans. I didn't see anything that suggested to hold out for hope of a TUSC return.

#Notenoughinfoforconclusion
Old 15 Sep 2014, 20:59 (Ref:3453680)   #635
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoMedic9019 View Post
Exactly.

There are number of moving pieces really...(giant)part of which is the lack of chassis. There just were not many P1 customer chassis laying about without Lola around anymore. Short of allowing a bunch of overworked, five year old, Pesca 01's, or LC70's, or maybe the odd 908, it would have been very, very hard to make P1 work for 12+ cars.

I know that Dyson, and Muscle Milk wanted P1, but they were the only ones. P2 was the way forward, and that's the only way it should have gone. No mixing of DP/P2....it was just too much.
They werent the only ones. I think you could count Rebellion in for at least a few rounds (like 2013). Rumors that Porsche was looking at alms for its lmp1 and you have 4 teams (possibly). If lmp1 was allowed, Audi surely would show up for Sebring, and theyll bring at least two cars. This lack of chassis' is confusing to me. Dome, Perrinn, Oreca (Rebellion) and maybe even hpd were on the table.
Old 15 Sep 2014, 21:05 (Ref:3453683)   #636
David Land
Veteran

United States
Franklin, Indiana
The greatest tragedy of this season is that after the TUSCAR farce at Sebring this year, Audi and Porsche had 2 cars each in a 12 hour sim the next day.
Old 15 Sep 2014, 21:40 (Ref:3453693)   #637
TF110
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Land View Post
The greatest tragedy of this season is that after the TUSCAR farce at Sebring this year, Audi and Porsche had 2 cars each in a 12 hour sim the next day.
Yup. They could have ran Sebring but for some silly new series saying their class was dead
Old 15 Sep 2014, 21:52 (Ref:3453699)   #638
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
But not of all time, in 2010 Audi tested just before and after the 12H while Pirro gave the Pugs a little bit of a hard time early on in the race. After the checker Audi reeled their trailers back into the site and continued their test program like there had been no race!
Old 15 Sep 2014, 21:57 (Ref:3453701)   #639
David Land
Veteran

United States
Franklin, Indiana
I disagree. There were still 2 Pugs, 1 Lola Aston, and an RS Spyder.

I will take that grid any day of the week over what we have now.
Old 15 Sep 2014, 22:09 (Ref:3453703)   #640
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
I disagree. There were still 2 Pugs, 1 Lola Aston, and an RS Spyder.

I will take that grid any day of the week over what we have now.
Me too. I'd take those 4 cars alone over sixty something this year.

Have to remember 2010 race was the only one Audi ever missed when eglible (plus that year LMS had 8 hour race at Ricard which was sort of a substitute).

Audi only did three races in 09 and two of them were the big ALMS headliners so the priorities were clear.
Old 16 Sep 2014, 00:25 (Ref:3453738)   #641
MoMedic9019
Veteran

United States
Wauwatosa, WI
Quote:
They werent the only ones. I think you could count Rebellion in for at least a few rounds (like 2013). Rumors that Porsche was looking at alms for its lmp1 and you have 4 teams (possibly). If lmp1 was allowed, Audi surely would show up for Sebring, and theyll bring at least two cars. This lack of chassis' is confusing to me. Dome, Perrinn, Oreca (Rebellion) and maybe even hpd were on the table.
Perrin still doesn't exist except in concept model. Rebellion's R-One wasn't going to be available, silly to think it would have. Dome didn't have a car either, unless you wanted an S102.

HPD maybe had one or two tubs to build up. Porsche wouldn't have brought the car to TUSCC.

In all reality there was probably three or four Lola's including Rebellion's old cars, two HPD's, and then a handful of basically vintage machinery.
Old 16 Sep 2014, 00:30 (Ref:3453739)   #642
Dyson Mazda
Veteran

United States
Charlotte, NC
Dyson Mazda should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDyson Mazda should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Perrin still doesn't exist except in concept model. Rebellion's R-One wasn't going to be available, silly to think it would have. Dome didn't have a car either, unless you wanted an S102.

HPD maybe had one or two tubs to build up. Porsche wouldn't have brought the car to TUSCC.

In all reality there was probably three or four Lola's including Rebellion's old cars, two HPD's, and then a handful of basically vintage machinery.
P1 is dead for privateers at the moment. Every team that runs a P1 car in the world today, builds their own machinery. That is how things are.
Old 16 Sep 2014, 03:59 (Ref:3453781)   #643
TF110
Veteran

United States
Quote:

Perrinn's physical car doesnt exist because theyre looking for funding. Same with the hpd and DOME. Theyre not going to build a car without money or a team to run it, whats the point?

Thats where Dyson, Pickett and Rebellion come in. The R-One is built by Oreca to Rebellions request, they still had to pay for it! Porsche would go where the fans are. Alms has Porsche fans. Theyre even running a 3rd gte in Austin. Thats how big Porsche NA is. Theyd definitely run with a chance to win overall at Daytona, Sebring etc. So would Audi. Rebellion ran with their old Lola at Silverstone, no one minded, so whatd be the big deal in tusc? There were less p2's than p1's in 2013 in alms, that trend is looking the same in the wec with Lotus joining, next year SARD in lmp1-L and Nissan in lmp1-H.

P1 is the blooming category with 10 factory cars and at least 4-6 private cars next year. Tusc missed the boat. They're literally going to get "left behind".
Old 16 Sep 2014, 05:01 (Ref:3453792)   #644
Rcz
Veteran

United States
Rcz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
P1 cars won't come at places like Laguna Seca, or long beach thanks to the WEC

But, the NAEC can be a opportunity for IMSA to have them there.

But it's gotta be the the factories ones in my opinion.
Old 16 Sep 2014, 06:08 (Ref:3453801)   #645
Lagunaseca_4life
Veteran

United States
Central Valley CA
Lagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Keep dreaming P1 fanboys. I like the factories and all but P1 is all but dead other wise.why do you keep repeating dyson? They had been running Lola aer for years and could not become competitive.muscle milk? HA! Wether they went to p2 or stayed p1 doesn't matter anyways,muscle milks fate was sealed.it was know pickett was selling off his brand,and I'm sure the negotiations were in place long before season started.plain and simple muscle milk wouldn't be around even if they stayed p1 because the new owner obviously isn't into sponsoring racing,and just like highcroft pickett isn't going to put out his own money to race,I'm sure he'd rather keep his "milk money" yacht then pump money into a fancy race car with no competition.with the development rebellion has been doing on the r-one they wouldn't show either,they did abandoned alms last year to start development in the first place anyways.......

And both alms 2012 and 2013 had 4-5 full season p2s vs 2 full season p1s!

Yea P1 has all these constructors with plans and concepts,but where are all the customers? I'm sure they would all be building at least one by now,but wait they are not because no one is interested,in the mean time oak and hpd are selling p2.........but will they materialize?

Fact is the manufactures killed off P1 for all but them selfs.i have nothing against the manufacturers,in fact I like watching them in the wec.where they belong.yea if tusc would of allowed them in Audi would of probably ran sebring and daytona,toytoa?not so much,they had to opportunities to run sebring and the Porsche rumor,I'm not buying it.sounds more like a desperate wish for a bunch of fanboys.
Old 16 Sep 2014, 06:37 (Ref:3453805)   #646
TF110
Veteran

United States
Its impolite to place a 'fanboy' label on people because they like the fastest cars. Its not being a fanboy when both Dyson and Pickett both spoke their minds about wishing lmp1 would have stayed because thats where they wanted to be. The Porsche lmp in alms rumor goes back at least to last year. Manufacturers killed off lmp1? Then why is there renewed interest in running the privateer class? This whole thing is people unsatisfied with the slow prototype class in America. Its boring and unprofessional seeing how tusc is running and being run.
Old 16 Sep 2014, 10:45 (Ref:3453857)   #647
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyson Mazda View Post
Every team that runs a P1 car in the world today, builds their own machinery. That is how things are.
Could change next year, depending what SARD does.
Old 16 Sep 2014, 11:25 (Ref:3453873)   #648
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
And it should be noted that though Rebellion helped design and brand their car with their own name, it's actually built by Oreca, and seems to have inspired the Oreca 05 LMP2 car that will be out next year.
Old 16 Sep 2014, 12:45 (Ref:3453910)   #649
Gulf
Racer

Gulf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Having P1 even at just the NAEC events would give tuscar some of its credibility back. Audi has wanted to win over all at Daytona for a while so bad that they almost considered building a dp. I would think most of the WEC P1 teams would jump at the chance to run a pre Le Mans 24 hour race. Even if it was just some 3 year old Lola P1 design running how is that any worse than some 30 year old design Dp?
Old 16 Sep 2014, 12:58 (Ref:3453916)   #650
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Its impolite to place a 'fanboy' label on people because they like the fastest cars.
I'm quite proud to be a "fanboy." I'll be honest, Dyson wasn't strong, Rebellion was better than MM, and who knows what Pickett would have done should he have been given the opportunity to continue in P1. The whole class in the US was weak. Growth in the class was rumored, but it was only a fool's hope. Having said that, no other class has literally choked me up at the start of a race.