Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 23 Feb 2016, 09:18 (Ref:3616964)   #151
truebeliever
Racer

truebeliever should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridtruebeliever should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irie View Post
The entry fee is 54,000 € + VAT. So if you win you can potentially your entry fee back?
Also I find this clause kind of scummy:

Couldn't agree more with you! If a team pays the whole season entry up front, is then not selected for whatever reasons, how can it be both fair and indeed legal, for the ACO to take 1,000 euros from them for "handling purposes"?

What handling purposes are these the team has incurred, other than a lunch fund for the ACO hierarchy?

Perhaps one day the ACO will learn, that without the competitors who they financially rape on a regular basis, their glorious series will collapse. It would seem that they are taking their cue from F1, where the financial Lemming syndrome thrives in abundance.
Old 23 Feb 2016, 17:46 (Ref:3617059)   #152
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It's even more bizarre considering you can still enter later on race-by-race-basis* for every round if you wish, as it's not a closed championship like WEC

*Except in LMP3, if the artificial grid cap is exceeded

Anyway they've had these non-deposit money making fees for years now haven't they
Old 24 Feb 2016, 21:18 (Ref:3617482)   #153
truebeliever
Racer

truebeliever should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridtruebeliever should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
It's even more bizarre considering you can still enter later on race-by-race-basis* for every round if you wish, as it's not a closed championship like WEC

*Except in LMP3, if the artificial grid cap is exceeded

Anyway they've had these non-deposit money making fees for years now haven't they

That does not make it right though does it?
Old 24 Feb 2016, 21:26 (Ref:3617486)   #154
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by truebeliever View Post
[/B]That does not make it right though does it?
Nope.

Of course, it's usually only been LM and WEC that have rejected entries, not the regionals
Old 14 Mar 2016, 13:55 (Ref:3622708)   #155
Deleted
Veteran

ARC Bratislava will run the Ginetta LMP3 at the Ricard official test despite not being allowed in due to the artificial grid cap. All full season LMP2s will be there, except the Zytek of Greaves, and Dragonspeed Oreca. The G56 LMP2 is also there.

http://www.europeanlemansseries.com/...cial-test/4060
Old 15 Mar 2016, 09:10 (Ref:3622914)   #156
Deleted
Veteran

IDEC will request LM entry for 2017, and also not run the current car grandfathered but buy the new spec one. Money drains must be good to have new purchases after one season
http://www.dailysportscar.com/2016/0...mans-2017.html
Old 15 Mar 2016, 11:07 (Ref:3622944)   #157
Madkart
Rookie

Puerto Rico
Greenville, South Carolina
Madkart should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
IDEC will request LM entry for 2017, and also not run the current car grandfathered but buy the new spec one. Money drains must be good to have new purchases after one season
http://www.dailysportscar.com/2016/0...mans-2017.html
Life must be very good
Old 16 Mar 2016, 07:12 (Ref:3623176)   #158
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Tenther Mike Hedlund has tweeted that he will be driving a GTE Porsche for Proton this year. Go Mike!
Old 18 Mar 2016, 13:15 (Ref:3623850)   #159
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The Riley LMP3 has been delayed and will miss the opening round.

http://www.racer.com/wec-le-mans/ite...ss-elms-opener
Old 21 Mar 2016, 17:46 (Ref:3625638)   #160
TheMightyM
Veteran

TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!
Greaves pulls one of its two ELMS entries — the Gibson 015S. They will still run their Ligier JS P2 in the ELMS though.

And per S365, this is also happening, which will apparently be a wash in car count:

Quote:
Yves Courage’s plans for an ELMS and Le Mans effort with a BR Engineering BR01 Nissan are understood to not have materialized either, with the legendary Frenchman pulling withdrawing its full-season and Le Mans reserve entry as well.

SMP Racing is believed to field a single BR01 Nissan in the ELMS instead, with Julian Leal as one of the drivers.
Old 21 Mar 2016, 17:50 (Ref:3625640)   #161
Deleted
Veteran

I suppose Courage's LMP1 plans/ambitions/whatever are also going down the drain then.

Unless this was just "revenge withdrawal" for not getting the direct LM entry this year.
Old 21 Mar 2016, 18:06 (Ref:3625646)   #162
TheMightyM
Veteran

TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
I suppose Courage's LMP1 plans/ambitions/whatever are also going down the drain then.

Unless this was just "revenge withdrawal" for not getting the direct LM entry this year.
With Courage, my guess would be that the promised 2016 funding went away once his entry only ended up on the Le Mans reserve list. Apparently the ACO didn't take his P1 ambitions very seriously.
Old 22 Mar 2016, 15:06 (Ref:3625977)   #163
LC2guy
Veteran

United Kingdom
Silverstone
LC2guy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridLC2guy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
So with these withdrawls, will ARC Bratislava be granted an entry into the Championship with their Ginetta ? Or just reduced entry size ? I hope they get invited to add more variety to LMP3.
Old 22 Mar 2016, 19:33 (Ref:3626055)   #164
Deleted
Veteran

HTTT Day 1 Morning Session
http://elms.alkamelsystems.com/Resul...%20Day%201.PDF

HTTT Day 1 Afternoon Session

HTTT Day 1 Maximum Speed (Mistral) Chart

Old 24 Mar 2016, 01:45 (Ref:3626543)   #165
Artur
Veteran

Artur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, it seems that Dunlop's advantadge on P2 is gone, now.

It's very curious that both yesterday and last year, the best times of the testings came on the first Morning Session and both times are pretty identical(1.48.1).
Old 25 Mar 2016, 17:01 (Ref:3627181)   #166
Mike Hedlund
Veteran

United States
Redwood City, CA
Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!
Here's a couple laps from the Prologue in our #77 Proton Porsche while I was learning the track and the car:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SIpbddXsArc

-mike
Old 25 Mar 2016, 17:59 (Ref:3627202)   #167
Ephaeton
Veteran

Austria
Between Österreichring and Nordschleife
Ephaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Hedlund View Post
Here's a couple laps from the Prologue in our #77 Proton Porsche while I was learning the track and the car:

-mike
Thanks for that.

Curiosity taking over..:
As someone who's calibrated towards a Ferrari and now has tackled the Porsche, can you describe for us what's the essence of the Porsche? What are you missing from your Ferrari? Will you be hustling the Proton car on a track you know before Silverstone?
Old 25 Mar 2016, 18:13 (Ref:3627209)   #168
Mike Hedlund
Veteran

United States
Redwood City, CA
Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ephaeton View Post
Thanks for that.

Curiosity taking over..:
As someone who's calibrated towards a Ferrari and now has tackled the Porsche, can you describe for us what's the essence of the Porsche? What are you missing from your Ferrari? Will you be hustling the Proton car on a track you know before Silverstone?
Hmm.. good question! In general the Ferrari has a little better mid corner balance (mostly due to the inherit advantages of the mid-engine layout). The racing line in a few corners is slightly different because of that -- the Porsche is more "throw it in, get rotated/pointed however possible, and get back to power as soon as possible". The Ferrari is more like a traditional roll speed in, keep your min/apex speed up and roll back to power.

I believe the Ferrari also has a slight advantage under threshold braking and in corners where you have to brake and turn.

Overall the lap times should be pretty similar, but they go about it in a slightly different way. Both are very fast!

No testing scheduled in the Proton RSR before the season begins at Silverstone -- however, I'm trying to get back to Europe to learn more of the tracks before the ELMS race weekends. Spa is the only track on the schedule I've been to previously.

Happy to answer any questions or provide any info throughout the season, just let me know!

ps: The GTE and LMP3 overlap in ELMS is going to be a nightmare.

-mike
Old 25 Mar 2016, 18:33 (Ref:3627218)   #169
Ephaeton
Veteran

Austria
Between Österreichring and Nordschleife
Ephaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Happy to answer any questions or provide any info throughout the season, just let me know!
thanks for the answers so far and I'm looking forward to asking you some more throughout the season (and, uh, meeting you, obviously, at the round(s) I'll be visiting)!
Old 25 Mar 2016, 18:42 (Ref:3627227)   #170
canamman
Veteran

United States
canamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:

-mike
The car has a really nice, consistent, strong growl to it.
Man you could just about eat lunch down that long straight!
Looking forward to keeping up with your team this year.
Old 25 Mar 2016, 22:59 (Ref:3627332)   #171
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
ELMS 2016

Quote:

-mike

Good luck with the season Mike. I'm a Ferrari fan but I'll still be cheering you on.

Out of curiosity, is there much of a problem with the language barrier (I'm under the impression that the Proton guys are mostly German)-do you speak German too?
Old 26 Mar 2016, 00:30 (Ref:3627354)   #172
Ospi
Veteran

Ospi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridOspi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great video mike, will probably bump into you quite often over the season (though you'll have no idea who I am!). And yes, dealing with p3's is going to be fun for m of us.
Old 26 Mar 2016, 11:17 (Ref:3627459)   #173
Artur
Veteran

Thanks very much for sharing the onboard, Mike !

Can you tell how does the Dunlops compare to the Pirelli's, of the PWC, that you so much praised against the Continentals?
Old 26 Mar 2016, 18:55 (Ref:3627610)   #174
Mike Hedlund
Veteran

United States
Redwood City, CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
Good luck with the season Mike. I'm a Ferrari fan but I'll still be cheering you on.

Out of curiosity, is there much of a problem with the language barrier (I'm under the impression that the Proton guys are mostly German)-do you speak German too?
Thanks! Language barrier isn't a problem so far. Most of the team is German, but English is pretty common in the motorsport world. On the radio it's a little more difficult with accents, but with a little more time it should be fine. I don't speak German, but the team has already taught me a few words...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artur View Post
Thanks very much for sharing the onboard, Mike !

Can you tell how does the Dunlops compare to the Pirelli's, of the PWC, that you so much praised against the Continentals?
The Dunlops felt very good. We tried a couple different compounds, but that was mostly Marco and Renger. I was just trying to learn the track and the car. They seem pretty consistent but might not have the single lap "peak" grip of the Pirelli's, but will probably be better over a full stint. After a little more time on the tires I'll probably have a stronger opinion one way or the other.

It's not really fair to compare anything to the Continentals as I don't think they've ever really tried to make a fast tire to compete with anyone else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ospi View Post
Great video mike, will probably bump into you quite often over the season (though you'll have no idea who I am!). And yes, dealing with p3's is going to be fun for m of us.
Don't be a stranger, good luck! :-)

-mike
Old 27 Mar 2016, 15:19 (Ref:3627800)   #175
Artur
Veteran

Quote:
The Dunlops felt very good. We tried a couple different compounds, but that was mostly Marco and Renger. I was just trying to learn the track and the car. They seem pretty consistent but might not have the single lap "peak" grip of the Pirelli's, but will probably be better over a full stint. After a little more time on the tires I'll probably have a stronger opinion one way or the other.
I'm hoping to hear more later when you have more experience with them Your initial impression is that it lacks a bit of peak grip and I wonder if that's the reason why the Aston Martins were so slow in the WEC testings, considering they were 3s slower than last year's car on Michelins
Quote:
It's not really fair to compare anything to the Continentals as I don't think they've ever really tried to make a fast tire to compete with anyone else.
Yeah, I know. Continental is a great company and the tires Hoosier supplies to the WUSCC(and etc) aren't a true representation of Continental's great capabilities.