Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Club Level Single Seaters

Old 8 Nov 2005, 23:10 (Ref:1455768)   #1
JEB
Veteran

JEB has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Wht Thank You

WHT THANK YOU

Thank you to all competitors who took part in the 2005 BRDC Walter Hayes Trophy at Silverstone last weekend.

The weather on Sunday caused huge problems to the organisation of the event, and no single decision was an easy one to make as the Club tried to reach a satisfactory conclusion to the weekend.

Each and every one of you made it very special, and I personally wish to thank you all for your support.

James Beckett (JEB)
Old 8 Nov 2005, 23:38 (Ref:1455802)   #2
Walshy
Veteran

England
Lancashire
Walshy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hope there was no hard feelings after Sunday JEB.

It was a bit frustrating, but a very very good weekend on the whole.

And already looking forward to next years...

Well done mate.
Old 9 Nov 2005, 00:40 (Ref:1455857)   #3
pmaster
Rookie

pmaster should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
On behalf of Joey, a huge thanks to James for a fantastic event. For a driver, the importance of winning the event, especially now that it is so huge, cannot be overstated.

Joey has now called time on FF1600 (for the time being!). Winning the Trophy outright was overwhelming, and totally unexpected. (However, he loves the racing so much don't be surprised if he suddenly appears on an entry sheet somewhere).

For the record, he raced FF1600 just 18 times, including heats, always in Don Hardmans Reynard 89, starting in the 2000 winter series, and not returning until the WHT in 2003. He won 15 of those races, coming 12th in WHT heat 1 2003, 3rd in heat 1 FFFestival 2004, and 2nd in the Jim Walsh Trophy 2005.

The car is up for grabs for 2006, and we're thinking of running a competition to find a driver for it, (unless someone makes an offer to Don he can't refuse!) and we'll include tuition from Joey if requested. All sensible suggestions as to how to organise a comp will be gratefully received!

Don and Keith are the tops, and if there were any justice in this world they would have a queue of drivers at the door right now for both their Zetec/Duratec cars as well as the 1600's.

Thanks again James.
Old 9 Nov 2005, 00:42 (Ref:1455861)   #4
Walshy
Veteran

England
Lancashire
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmaster
On behalf of Joey, a huge thanks to James for a fantastic event. For a driver, the importance of winning the event, especially now that it is so huge, cannot be overstated.

Joey has now called time on FF1600 (for the time being!). Winning the Trophy outright was overwhelming, and totally unexpected. (However, he loves the racing so much don't be surprised if he suddenly appears on an entry sheet somewhere).

For the record, he raced FF1600 just 18 times, including heats, always in Don Hardmans Reynard 89, starting in the 2000 winter series, and not returning until the WHT in 2003. He won 15 of those races, coming 12th in WHT heat 1 2003, 3rd in heat 1 FFFestival 2004, and 2nd in the Jim Walsh Trophy 2005.

The car is up for grabs for 2006, and we're thinking of running a competition to find a driver for it, (unless someone makes an offer to Don he can't refuse!) and we'll include tuition from Joey if requested. All sensible suggestions as to how to organise a comp will be gratefully received!

Don and Keith are the tops, and if there were any justice in this world they would have a queue of drivers at the door right now for both their Zetec/Duratec cars as well as the 1600's.

Thanks again James.
Good Ad!
Old 9 Nov 2005, 00:54 (Ref:1455870)   #5
pmaster
Rookie

I just want to give the guys the credit they deserve, the car never missed a beat, and never has. Marque Cars will never be a flash operation like JLR or Nexa or Comtec, but they do a fanatstic job with honest graft at a fraction of the cost. And the bonus is they know how to party!!
Old 9 Nov 2005, 10:04 (Ref:1456144)   #6
darcym
Veteran

darcym should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
poor taste highjacking JEB's thank you thread to Big up Joeys overall (not WHT) achievments and to write pretty much an Advert for Marque cars which is nothing to do with WHT.

Everyone who races in FF is aware of Marque cars and indeed other car hire and preperation groups, a brief mention from Joey to thank Marque cars for their undbouted quality job would have been acceptable, but to write an advert out of the blue over a "thank you thread" from JEB is poor. Pay for an Ad in autosport of another formula ford website, or post this sort of information in a more relvant thread.
Old 9 Nov 2005, 13:15 (Ref:1456311)   #7
Redracer77
Veteran

Redracer77 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well done James,

Great event, shame about the weather but you can't control that.

I can't wait till Sky shows the race!!!
Old 9 Nov 2005, 13:23 (Ref:1456317)   #8
darcym
Veteran

yes, I actually forgot to thank - I was too busy in my rant.

James - my first WHT, superb event and great fun.
Old 9 Nov 2005, 14:16 (Ref:1456360)   #9
jminsh
Veteran

England
Not far from Oulton Park
jminsh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well done James and all your team at the BRDC,despite the weathers' best attempt at recking it you still came out on top with a pile brilliant races.

Well done again

Ding Dong

Jas.
Old 9 Nov 2005, 16:53 (Ref:1456439)   #10
heel'n'toe-no
Veteran

United Kingdom
Albrighton, Shropshire
heel'n'toe-no has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
First class event James. Great value for money and a nice little keepsake for those of us that have nothing else to show off at home! It seems you think of everything.
I second Walshy's sentiment above, I hope there was no hard feeling after the Consolation, it was just disappointing.......and on reflection I can appreciate you were in a no win situation. If I were in the deciding seat, I would probably made the same decision.

First class event, you can definately count me in for next year!

Well done to all who managed to finish the semi's and final. YOU'RE ALL MAD!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 9 Nov 2005, 19:34 (Ref:1456587)   #11
pmaster
Rookie

Darcym, if I've got it wrong sincere apologies to anyone who may have taken the post the wrong way, it certainly wasn't meant to be anything other than a general thanks to all.

James has provided a superb platform for 1600 drivers and it's due to him that drivers and teams alike can have such a good weekend as WHT provides.

Nuff said, (looks like I'll be staying a 10/10ths rookie).
Old 9 Nov 2005, 20:23 (Ref:1456630)   #12
Walshy
Veteran

England
Lancashire
No. You've just been blooded.............................LOL
Old 9 Nov 2005, 22:00 (Ref:1456716)   #13
darcym
Veteran

pmaster, apology accepted, from the words of others perhaps I was too harsh, so apologies to you too
Old 9 Nov 2005, 22:18 (Ref:1456733)   #14
PaulSands
Veteran

England
Grantham
PaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'll add my voice to the chorus of approval..well done James I look forward to next year when you've got the weather sorted (virgin sacrifices remember)
Old 10 Nov 2005, 08:45 (Ref:1457005)   #15
Piglet
Veteran

Piglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulSands
I look forward to next year when you've got the weather sorted (virgin sacrifices remember)
I understand that the problem was that those who drive the older cars were doing rain dances on the Saturday to ensure some equalisation between the older and the new cars! It worked guys - just a bit too well!!
Old 10 Nov 2005, 10:18 (Ref:1457087)   #16
youngoldy
Racer

United Kingdom
Somewhereorotherville
youngoldy has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Well done JEB

Shame the weather from friday and saturday couldn't have held through to the sunday, but gave the racing a little extra spice. I watched in the BRDC stand and only noticed how slippy it was at Brooklands as I was watching in the Brooklands suite last year and didn't really get a sideways view if youlike of the cars.

Will hopefully be back next year
Old 11 Nov 2005, 17:14 (Ref:1458311)   #17
vector-pat
Rookie

England
Newbury, Berks
vector-pat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would also like to personally thank James for all he did to make the weekend such a fantastic event. I would also like to echo the comments made by pmaster regarding Joey and Marque Cars - fantastic job by all concerned. I spent the final watching at Becketts (not by choice!!) and Joey was without doubt a class act. Can't wait until next year
Old 11 Nov 2005, 20:25 (Ref:1458403)   #18
F3lollipops
Racer

United Kingdom
Lollipop Land
F3lollipops should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If I may be so bold, I'd like to post a small extract from the report I wrote about the weekend (I won't presume to tell you its whereabouts although some of you will undoubtedly either know or be able to guess fairly easily) which I think sums it up rather nicely

"High praise indeed must go to James Beckett of the BRDC for his hard work in bringing the Walter Hayes Trophy into being and for continuing to build it into such a wonderful event."
Old 12 Nov 2005, 12:16 (Ref:1458791)   #19
Me and My Swift
Rookie

Ireland
Meath
Me and My Swift should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes it was a great weekend, I really don't know how James does it, but we are glad to be part of it. We will be back next year with both Keith and Peter, I expect their will be 200 cars !! I would once again like to wish all at Marque cars a big well done, being beaten by Joey is not so bad as he was the Man on the day and Don and his team did a great job. Well done lads.
Old 12 Nov 2005, 20:15 (Ref:1459103)   #20
Piglet
Veteran

Piglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Happy Snapper's pics of the event are here....

http://www.gtphotosport.com/wht05/index.html