Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

View Poll Results: Do you care about the AMRS?
Yes 24 72.73%
No 9 27.27%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Old 23 Aug 2007, 09:14 (Ref:1994931)   #1
richie17
Racer

Australia
Alexandra Hills
richie17 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
AMRS Round 6 Winton Raceway 25/26 August

It's Thursday night and there's no thread, so does anyone care about this series?
Old 23 Aug 2007, 22:46 (Ref:1995498)   #2
karl Aldridge
Rookie

karl Aldridge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Apart from being an employee of Winton Raceway, I am more than happy to put on record that I care about the AMRS, and for that matter, almost all forms of Motorsport in our country. The AMRS is an excellent weekend that is enjoyed by all who participate in the racing & by those that make the effort to attend & watch. Ask any of the comeptitors, and watch their faces when they answer & you will see the enthuaism show in their answers. They are racing what they choose to race & enjoy being part of a growing competitor friendly series. As you will no doubt know, all good things take time & effort. So how about taking the time, with us & make the effort to help us grow & develop a great concept for the motorsport community.
FYI for this weekend on track there is the
Production Touring Car Challenge
V8 Giants & Australian Touring Car Challenge
Intermarque Challenge
Super TT
Oz Boss
It will be a good weekend of on track entertainment, if you have the time & are in the area, come along
Karl
Old 24 Aug 2007, 03:05 (Ref:1995566)   #3
PVDA
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
PVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by karl Aldridge
Apart from being an employee of Winton Raceway
Do they pay you?? I thought you just turned up each day

I would've put a thread up but I've been running around and just haven't had time.

At least the weather forecast is looking good for this weekend and yes I'll be there as usual.
Old 24 Aug 2007, 03:48 (Ref:1995573)   #4
pete60
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane
pete60 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's a great concept and I wish them all the best with it, but it would have to be the most underpublicised series going around.

I know the web site is maintained by the organisers but the last news item was 2 weeks ago! Hard to get too excited about the series when you don't know it's on!
Old 24 Aug 2007, 10:06 (Ref:1995698)   #5
richie17
Racer

Australia
Alexandra Hills
Quote:
So how about taking the time, with us & make the effort to help us grow & develop a great concept for the motorsport community.
Fine, I will make myself the unofficial representative of the Australian Motor Racing Series for 10 Tenths forum.
Old 26 Aug 2007, 02:26 (Ref:1996592)   #6
rms
Rookie

rms should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Ask any of the comeptitors, and watch their faces when they answer & you will see the enthuaism show in their answers. They are racing what they choose to race & enjoy being part of a growing competitor friendly series.

Karl
To any competitor having problems, the first person you should ask for help is Karl.
He will go out of his way, and will do so with a big grin on his face and great enthusiasm.

Many thanks for your assistance Karl.
Old 26 Aug 2007, 03:57 (Ref:1996602)   #7
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I dont understand how 6 people have voted that they dont care about the AMRS.

Sure as motorsport fans, people are going to be more interested in some categories than others but outwardly say that they dont care about the AMRS, I dont understand.
Old 27 Aug 2007, 06:22 (Ref:1997221)   #8
zxrno1
Rookie

zxrno1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi All
I entered the meeting in the touring car challenge, and it looked a good field with over 20 entries, the racing was great over the weekend, (appart from turn one in the first race) you never like to see panel damage.
Unfortunatley I didn't make the end of Friday practice as the motor let go, so I spent the next two days as a (grumpy) spectator, but I had alot of the guys come up to me to see if they could help in any way.
Hopefully we can get the motor repaired before the next round at calder.
Old 27 Aug 2007, 07:24 (Ref:1997249)   #9
Silver 3
Veteran

Australia
Sovereign Island
Silver 3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The AMRS round at Winton over the weekend continues to show progress. The fields were what I would call modest in numbers but with good standard in most categories. The series is going forward with more and more interest as the future of the series has been stabilised and competitor confidenec in the future
restored . From my personal knowledge and the reaction from competitors is that there is a lot right ( yes-- it still needs a lot of work to get the right model and balance etc) but it is going forward and I look forward to seeing the comments in another 12 months. It is not long ago that on this forum the critics were branding it a disgrace etc . For those that were present on the weekend there was some good racing and entertainment-- all in all-- making progress and needs to keep doing so. I might add-- competitors in motorsport need this series to prosper and grow.
Old 27 Aug 2007, 08:29 (Ref:1997280)   #10
Falcadore
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Falcadore should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver 3
The AMRS round at Winton over the weekend continues to show progress. The fields were what I would call modest in numbers but with good standard in most categories. The series is going forward with more and more interest as the future of the series has been stabilised and competitor confidenec in the future
restored . From my personal knowledge and the reaction from competitors is that there is a lot right ( yes-- it still needs a lot of work to get the right model and balance etc) but it is going forward and I look forward to seeing the comments in another 12 months. It is not long ago that on this forum the critics were branding it a disgrace etc . For those that were present on the weekend there was some good racing and entertainment-- all in all-- making progress and needs to keep doing so. I might add-- competitors in motorsport need this series to prosper and grow.
You need to let go of the burden of blame on 'critics'. Last year it WAS a disgrace at times. Maybe some comment was motivated by personal issues of some people, but not all of it. There were genuine concerns. There was valid criticism. That the AMRS has learned and moved on is to their credit.

In the history of all things that work, there was a time when they did not. Casting around blame is not usually helpful, and can quite often embolden or harden the genuinely antagonistic.
Old 27 Aug 2007, 09:35 (Ref:1997312)   #11
Silver 3
Veteran

Australia
Sovereign Island
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcadore
You need to let go of the burden of blame on 'critics'. Last year it WAS a disgrace at times. Maybe some comment was motivated by personal issues of some people, but not all of it. There were genuine concerns. There was valid criticism. That the AMRS has learned and moved on is to their credit.

In the history of all things that work, there was a time when they did not. Casting around blame is not usually helpful, and can quite often embolden or harden the genuinely antagonistic.
I think your agreeing with me! I made about as observational post as I ever would-- I was referring to historic comments by way of comparison to the present and the future. I think you probably need to read your own comments in reference to Qld round last year? I think the 2 years were chalk and cheese-- the same with Winton rounds last year early in the year and comparing to this year -- really reflects the amount of progress.
Old 27 Aug 2007, 22:36 (Ref:1998012)   #12
PVDA
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
PVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Should be on Speedweek some time soon although I cant comment if they caught any of the incidents as they didn't provide a feed to the track UHF transmitter due to the AVE OB Van doing either a diff or gearbox depend on who you asked (usual number of cameras attended recording their own footage to be edited later).

Interesting that the special generator which would normally arrive on the Thursday never showed up to power the OB van so maybe the rental company had ESP about the OB's iminent breakdown
Old 29 Aug 2007, 00:20 (Ref:1998842)   #13
wishbone
Racer

wishbone should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i was surprised to see the number of entries in the PTCC 15, every time i look they are getting bigger, yet the other AMRS categories seam to be declining super tt had 5 cars.

Seams that the PTCC might be on the right track, (excuse the pun) with there regs and formats.
Old 3 Sep 2007, 10:15 (Ref:2002432)   #14
ozmotorsport
Rookie

ozmotorsport should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
anyone got any pics? havent seen many from this round!
Old 3 Sep 2007, 21:17 (Ref:2003044)   #15
AussieV8
Veteran

Australia
Orange, NSW Australia
AussieV8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
the ptcc has its own website and forum and its a great place to chat to the drivers..

Its just a shame we have two series running with similiar cars and regs..join the two together and the grids would be healthy and the racing awesome..

The series is growing and the racing is great but a few more cars to compete against the black Bimmers would be nice..
Old 4 Sep 2007, 05:43 (Ref:2003240)   #16
richie17
Racer

Australia
Alexandra Hills
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozmotorsport
He is one pic for you, if I get anymore I'll post it for you.

Old 4 Sep 2007, 10:59 (Ref:2003450)   #17
ozmotorsport
Rookie

ozmotorsport should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
cheers mate!
DN
Old 4 Sep 2007, 22:28 (Ref:2003900)   #18
Silver 3
Veteran

Australia
Sovereign Island
It would help if you changed the title of this thread and put a date on it and took the "this weekend" part out to distiguish it from other meetings.
Old 4 Sep 2007, 22:46 (Ref:2003912)   #19
zxrno1
Rookie

zxrno1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by wishbone
i was surprised to see the number of entries in the PTCC 15, every time i look they are getting bigger, yet the other AMRS categories seam to be declining super tt had 5 cars.

Seams that the PTCC might be on the right track, (excuse the pun) with there regs and formats.

The super TT was a last minute inclusion for the round as they were not suppose to run, but a cancellation of the Lotus round at the last minute (I believe) ment they had a gap in the program, so invited any Super TT guys that would like to run, but not as a championship round.
Old 4 Sep 2007, 23:43 (Ref:2003936)   #20
Silver 3
Veteran

Australia
Sovereign Island
The concept of Super TT has not been established to the point where it has cars following a championship so it is too early to write off yet as a concept.
Old 5 Sep 2007, 06:09 (Ref:2004006)   #21
richie17
Racer

Australia
Alexandra Hills
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver 3
It would help if you changed the title of this thread and put a date on it and took the "this weekend" part out to distiguish it from other meetings.
I agree, the date was 25-26 August. Mods if you please.
Old 5 Sep 2007, 06:24 (Ref:2004017)   #22
Silver 3
Veteran

Australia
Sovereign Island
You can do it yourself.
Old 5 Sep 2007, 06:45 (Ref:2004025)   #23
richie17
Racer

Australia
Alexandra Hills
How?
Old 6 Sep 2007, 02:56 (Ref:2004803)   #24
PVDA
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
Normal members cant edit posts once the 10 minute edit window has expired so no I don't think you can change it yourself.
Old 23 Sep 2007, 19:12 (Ref:2021203)   #25
SamDale
Racer

SamDale should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Photo Gallery now online

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozmotorsport
With thanks to Andrew Wilson, I just uploaded a stack of photos from this round to the AMRS website gallery: www.amrs.net.au (Click on Gallery button on the left)

Cheers,

Sam Dale
AMRS - UK Detachment