Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: Will either Raikkonen or Alonso (doesn't matter which) become youngest ever WDC?
Yes 33 80.49%
No 8 19.51%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Old 27 Aug 2003, 08:40 (Ref:700371)   #1
x_dt
Veteran

England
Manchester, UK
x_dt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Will Kimi or Alonso break Emmo's record?

Emerson Fittipaldi (born 12th Dec 1946) won the 1972 F1 WDC at the age of 25 years and 9 months.

If Kimi (born 17th Oct 1979) wins the title this year or next year he would break Emmo's record. He could possibly break the record by winning the 2005 WDC if he won the title in record time in the style of Michael Schumacher last year.

Fernando (born 29th July 1981) could become youngest ever WDC if he wins the title in 2004, 2005 or 2006 - unless Kimi has already broken Emmo's record in which case Fernando would have to break Kimi's record to become youngest ever WDC.

Bruce McLaren's record as the youngest F1 race winner has just been broken by Alonso. Will Emmo's record as the youngest world champion be broken within the next 3-4 years?
Old 27 Aug 2003, 08:56 (Ref:700383)   #2
climb
Veteran

St Pierre and Miquelon
closer than you thought!
climb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridclimb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hopefully yes
Old 27 Aug 2003, 09:03 (Ref:700389)   #3
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Ditto.
Old 27 Aug 2003, 09:26 (Ref:700407)   #4
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think both Kimi and Alonso have a very big chance of breaking it. I think it would be realistic to say Kimi has a better chance than Alonso...
Old 27 Aug 2003, 09:46 (Ref:700416)   #5
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I think Kimi has every chance of winning the title next year considerig how advanced the MP4-19 is expected to be. This year is still not impossible. It doesn't neccessarily make him a better driver than guys who won it older, or weren't even in F1 by the time he could win it.

This year is certainly still possible for Kimi, but I think Hungary was a fortunate race for him, and the McLaren wasn't as far off the pace there as often. To overtake Mcihaela dn Juan in the standings would eb quite a feat, but hye'll be learning a lot metnally at the moment, and it'll stand him in good stead.

The only question mark is, are we heading into an era of Williams domination, that could scupper Kimi for a few years?

I don't think Renault will be in a position to challenge for the title before 2006, and in any case there are still rough edges to Fernando's driving, especially in 'panic' situations like Brazil - things like that are where championships are won and lost.
Old 27 Aug 2003, 09:57 (Ref:700420)   #6
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It's a strong possibility that Kimi could break this record
Old 27 Aug 2003, 10:00 (Ref:700424)   #7
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
paulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpaulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It's definitely a serious possibility.

But we'll see.

*sits on the fence and whistles*
Old 27 Aug 2003, 10:20 (Ref:700447)   #8
jetsetter
Veteran

Australia
Ipswich Qld Australia
jetsetter should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's a big chance of happening & while i favour Kimi, with the way Renault's improving Alonso may be a chance.
Old 27 Aug 2003, 12:29 (Ref:700589)   #9
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by paulzinho
It's definitely a serious possibility.
It seems like a confortable fence, I think I'll join you.
Old 27 Aug 2003, 13:01 (Ref:700635)   #10
Muzza
Veteran

Brazil
Newbury Park, CA, United States
Muzza should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quite possible, but not this year. I continue to believe that Montoya will be crowned champion.
Old 27 Aug 2003, 13:48 (Ref:700680)   #11
Raven
Veteran

England
Raven should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If Kimi wins this year, then Alonso would have to win the championship next year to take over as youngest champ in history. It would be good to see it happen. Anyone but Michael, please.
Old 27 Aug 2003, 13:52 (Ref:700682)   #12
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
I'm going to say no, neither of them will do it.
Old 27 Aug 2003, 15:17 (Ref:700780)   #13
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally posted by Raven
If Kimi wins this year, then Alonso would have to win the championship next year to take over as youngest champ in history. It would be good to see it happen. Anyone but Michael, please.
Well I don't think Michael can break it somehow!
Old 27 Aug 2003, 17:06 (Ref:700886)   #14
ljakse
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade, Serbia
ljakse should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridljakse should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Here's the bet if anyone is interested:
Kimi WDC 2004 (if not this year)
*Alonso WDC 2005.

*Two years ago I bet with a friend of mine that Reanult will take WDC by 2005 or sooner, and maybe even WCC, and since Alonso proves himself more and more, I'm more and more confident that I'm gonna win that bet.
Old 27 Aug 2003, 17:11 (Ref:700892)   #15
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well Kimi has ecverything in his hand to make this possible.
Old 27 Aug 2003, 17:20 (Ref:700909)   #16
Thorstone
Veteran

Thorstone should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Kimi does it this year and Alonso next year
Old 27 Aug 2003, 18:03 (Ref:700951)   #17
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Sounds good to me!
Old 27 Aug 2003, 18:04 (Ref:700954)   #18
senna12
Veteran

senna12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So much depends on the new Renault and its new direction. Gascoyne seems confident they will be able to transfer much of what they have learned to the new car, and he thinks they can keep to their timeline for success, which he thinks they are currently ahead of. If this is the case, and the 19 is as revolutionary as predicted, Kimi could win it first, and Fernando will follow it up the following year.

And so if MS doesn't win it this year, there is a likelihood he may not win it again.
Old 27 Aug 2003, 18:13 (Ref:700967)   #19
pb btcc
Veteran

pb btcc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
there got a good few years to do it so i will yes one of them will be the youngest ever champion.

U just don't know Kimi might win this year he got a good chance

Last edited by pb btcc; 27 Aug 2003 at 18:13.
Old 27 Aug 2003, 21:54 (Ref:701187)   #20
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
Vilafranca del Penedés, CATALONIA
Jordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Alonso in 2005 I hope...
Old 28 Aug 2003, 08:33 (Ref:701508)   #21
The Zuschauer
Racer

The Zuschauer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Kimi stands a reasonable chance for this year, although one would expect Ferrari to shine at Monza & Suzuka. Most teams know that Ferrari will win at Suzuka unless there's an act of God (aka Michael Schumacher).

If Renault can get their act together and fix the problem with top speed, by increasing their power, then Alonso stands a good chance to win it next year.
Old 28 Aug 2003, 10:46 (Ref:701615)   #22
esorniloc
Veteran

esorniloc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think there is a record for Alonso to break before that.

This is to be the youngest ever driver to lead the world championship.

I think McLaren still holds this record, but I am not sure how long Alonso has got to do this (or if he actually can)?
Old 28 Aug 2003, 19:00 (Ref:702105)   #23
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
paulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpaulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
If Kimi and Alonso both break the record will we see Michael pushing ferrari for a race seat for his son? You know just to keep it in the family!
Old 28 Aug 2003, 19:16 (Ref:702114)   #24
garagegirl
Racer

garagegirl should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think the record will be broken, quite a few have last few years...but if anyone can do it I'm hoping it will be alonso!!
Old 28 Aug 2003, 19:17 (Ref:702116)   #25
pb btcc
Veteran

pb btcc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
having a look at the table Alonso could still win it he is less than 20 points behind micheal but I can't see Renault doing well at Monza seeing as it is a HIGH SPEED track.