Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 5 Dec 2008, 08:37 (Ref:2347885)   #26
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aslak Vind
Not to stir things, but yeah it was TK who was in the R10. And it was at that moment he really won the race. JV was nowhere these times..

However; please remember that the 908 didnt really have any grip in the rain.
And Tom K at night in the rain at Le Mans, that is almost impossible to beat!.
Old 5 Dec 2008, 11:21 (Ref:2348002)   #27
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Eddie Irvine , at night in that Toyota TS-010 , that was a sight to behold !!!
Old 7 Dec 2008, 03:09 (Ref:2349329)   #28
Audi Racer
Veteran

United States
Audi Racer has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugewally
Wasn't JV in the car the same time as TK was (in the Audi) at night in the rain (when TK was lapping something like 10 seconds a lap faster)?
The reason the puegeots are slower in the rain is because they run their cars stiffly sprung. While the audi's run a medium spring setting to allow to be good in the rain and dry all though not the fastest in each condition. In a race were everyone knew it would rain the peugeots would be faster because they would just put soft springs on and be on an equvalent pace vs audi in the dry.
Old 7 Dec 2008, 04:01 (Ref:2349347)   #29
Hugewally
Veteran

United States
Largo, FL USA
Hugewally should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My point was that Peugeot had IMO their slowest driver in the car when Audi had their fastest - at night in the rain.
Old 7 Dec 2008, 04:21 (Ref:2349352)   #30
Audi Racer
Veteran

United States
Audi Racer has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
That is true villenueve was the slowest of all the drivers at puegeot. I'd have to say that Stephane sarazzin and franck Montagny are the fastest peugeot drivers but i think that Allan Mcnish was the fastest at Lemans 08. Iu was dissapointesd at TK's pace and worried when I found out he would do the last stint. My heart was in my throat unitl TK crossed the line. A vey tense last moments of the race
Old 7 Dec 2008, 11:43 (Ref:2349497)   #31
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Audi Racer
That is true villenueve was the slowest of all the drivers at puegeot. I'd have to say that Stephane sarazzin and franck Montagny are the fastest peugeot drivers but i think that Allan Mcnish was the fastest at Lemans 08. Iu was dissapointesd at TK's pace and worried when I found out he would do the last stint. My heart was in my throat unitl TK crossed the line. A vey tense last moments of the race
Well if you consider he had a crash which he could easily could get killed, and had suffered from pain almost a whole year after, Tom K did very good, and i don't think his pace was off!
Old 7 Dec 2008, 16:00 (Ref:2349622)   #32
zac510
Veteran

zac510 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Have Peugeot mentioned whether they will be building a smaller diesel engine for 2009?
Old 7 Dec 2008, 16:05 (Ref:2349625)   #33
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Quote:
Originally Posted by zac510
Have Peugeot mentioned whether they will be building a smaller diesel engine for 2009?
Rumors say that WR are building a 4,4L V8, out of 2x 2,2L HDI-FAP engines
Old 7 Dec 2008, 17:13 (Ref:2349660)   #34
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Why build a 4.4L engine? The diesel limits for 11' will be 3.7L (P-1) and 4.0L (P-2) so why waste time with a 4.4L, seems like a waste of money, especially in the current economic clime.

L.P.
Old 7 Dec 2008, 17:27 (Ref:2349670)   #35
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Don't know, just a rumor i heard some where.
But PSA do also have a 2.0L engine, so perhaps this will be used instead.
But wont PSA homologate engines if they are production based?
Old 7 Dec 2008, 17:34 (Ref:2349678)   #36
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Taken from DCS ..... "There is now though a far greater challenge in store as the team battle to find the best balance possible for the 908 HDI FAP with the radically different 2009 spec aero package".

Cant wait to see how radical they mean , its already pretty radical !!!
Old 7 Dec 2008, 18:02 (Ref:2349696)   #37
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger
Taken from DCS ..... "There is now though a far greater challenge in store as the team battle to find the best balance possible for the 908 HDI FAP with the radically different 2009 spec aero package".

Cant wait to see how radical they mean , its already pretty radical !!!
I believe they are referring to the ACO 09 vs 08 rules when using "radical". The car probably will not look much different other than the shorter rear wing. Most of the work will probably have to be done in the suspension, mechanical grip, to compensate for the loss of aero grip.

L.P.

Last edited by HORNDAWG; 7 Dec 2008 at 18:07.
Old 7 Dec 2008, 18:40 (Ref:2349722)   #38
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
True, just the new rear wing is radical!, so that would fit the discription!.
But Peugeot must develop something new to the 908 to win at Le Mans!
Old 8 Dec 2008, 09:21 (Ref:2350108)   #39
Dauer 962
Veteran

Dauer 962 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by zac510
They have to stick with the current engine, though it’s far from ideal with the new 2009 restrictor sizes.
Old 9 Dec 2008, 00:16 (Ref:2350610)   #40
Dead-Eye
Veteran

Estonia
Dead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dauer 962
They have to stick with the current engine, though it’s far from ideal with the new 2009 restrictor sizes.
I'm speculating, but could this be a rather sad clue? If they manage to win LM this year, they could very well say "mission accomplished" and quit. If they don't, they might decide that losing three times in a row is enough and do the same.
Or maybe it doesn't mean anything at all, but realistically either of those might happen.
Old 9 Dec 2008, 00:32 (Ref:2350621)   #41
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
About JV vs. rest... someone made quite comprehensive post at AtlasF1 back in June.

http://forums.autosport.com/showthre...76#post3177476
Old 9 Dec 2008, 03:14 (Ref:2350678)   #42
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Everyone probably knows about Honda F1 situation, so here's a wild one:

"PSA interested"

http://www.grandprix.com/ns/ns21028.html

(last paragraph)
Old 9 Dec 2008, 07:37 (Ref:2350754)   #43
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
If they do that!, History will repeat itself for Peugeot!
back in the 80's
Peugeot Talbot sport started up serious operation with the Gr. B 205 T16, the won this, then moved on to Sportscars, Won Le Mans, and then attempted F1! (which they didn't have great success with!).
If you compare that to modern time:
Peugeot Sport became competitive again with the 206 WRC, and again won it. In 2007 they started racing sportscars, and now plans for F1!?.
Old 9 Dec 2008, 15:49 (Ref:2351021)   #44
Tom908V12
Veteran

France
Paris(France)
Tom908V12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
In this case they talk about Citroën, not Peugeot

Peugeot would stay in endurance
Old 9 Dec 2008, 15:52 (Ref:2351022)   #45
Tom908V12
Veteran

France
Paris(France)
Sorry wrong thread...
Old 9 Dec 2008, 15:54 (Ref:2351025)   #46
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom908V12
In this case they talk about Citroën, not Peugeot
Peugeot would stay in endurance
I know, but then change the name in my story to PSA and it fits again! .
Old 9 Dec 2008, 16:13 (Ref:2351045)   #47
Tom908V12
Veteran

France
Paris(France)
According to an article of spanish mag Sportmotores written yesterday, Riccardo Zonta and Jacques Villeneuve had a recent test with the 908 too(during an endurance test in 2009 spec. proto???)
Old 9 Dec 2008, 19:07 (Ref:2351182)   #48
Aslak Vind
Veteran

Denmark
Copenhagen
Aslak Vind should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That doesnt make any sense to me, at all.
Old 9 Dec 2008, 19:26 (Ref:2351194)   #49
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Hmm, then it should be for a seatings in F1!
But that would be stupid!, JV is dead in F1!
Old 10 Dec 2008, 07:53 (Ref:2351577)   #50
Aslak Vind
Veteran

Denmark
Copenhagen
Aslak Vind should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD
Hmm, then it should be for a seatings in F1!
What..??