Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 14 Jan 2009, 15:40 (Ref:2371377)   #26
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Ok ..... sorry , sorry , sorry !!! ..... I got confussed with ASM .
Old 14 Jan 2009, 15:46 (Ref:2371382)   #27
LeMans.pt
Veteran

Portugal
London, UK
LeMans.pt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger
Any news on the driver line up yet ? I think one car is still for a Portuguese squad ?
Portuguese squad???? Don´t know how much you know about portuguese reality in motorsport, but there ain't any one with structure and money for that! ASM exists because Amaral puts his money on it (like many others gentlemen-drivers...), and also there ain't many guys like him... if any (Miguel Ramos (Vitaphone FIA-GT) perhaps)!

For me (sorry my nationalistic wishful thinking) it would be great, but realistic.... don't think so!

Even an portuguese drivers line-up would be very very unrealistic... no sponsors... the biggest portuguese enterprises, the ones who have that dimension and who would win something with international exposure (and thete ain't many in LMS) prefer no melt their money on Football.
Old 14 Jan 2009, 15:48 (Ref:2371388)   #28
LeMans.pt
Veteran

Portugal
London, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger
Any news on the driver line up yet ?
As i said earlier, and that's official, Burgeño e De Castro will continue! No news on drivers for the second car.
Old 14 Jan 2009, 16:28 (Ref:2371412)   #29
Javi
Veteran

Javi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeMans.pt
I love portugal anyhow , and I would put Pedro Lamy in that car as well!
Old 15 Jan 2009, 01:59 (Ref:2371736)   #30
LeMans.pt
Veteran

Portugal
London, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javi
I love portugal anyhow , and I would put Pedro Lamy in that car as well!
Old 15 Jan 2009, 17:25 (Ref:2372133)   #31
KlausMuller
Rookie

Spain
Oviedo, Spain
KlausMuller should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Primos hermanos... Je,je...
Old 19 Jan 2009, 12:44 (Ref:2374422)   #32
LeMans.pt
Veteran

Portugal
London, UK
After confirming a full season, Epsilon Euskadi decides to step back and now is talking about full concentration in the ee2 for Le Mans, and only after it, the team will go to the series.

After the great news about Kolles and the privateers R10, we didn´t need this kind of news from Epsilon Euskadi....

Source: Sportmotores.es

Last edited by LeMans.pt; 19 Jan 2009 at 12:46.
Old 19 Jan 2009, 14:09 (Ref:2374512)   #33
fanfisique
Rookie

fanfisique has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:

That´s just a prevision due to progress on the new car, if the car is ready, and Joss The Boss and its Dutch sponsors come on time, they will compete in the LMES before Lemans.

Until Villadelprat opens the mouth, this is just insiders speculation.

Last edited by fanfisique; 19 Jan 2009 at 14:11.
Old 19 Jan 2009, 14:32 (Ref:2374532)   #34
Javi
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanfisique
That´s just a prevision due to progress on the new car, if the car is ready, and Joss The Boss and its Dutch sponsors come on time, they will compete in the LMES before Lemans.

Until Villadelprat opens the mouth, this is just insiders speculation.

Hope so, it´ll be nice if thay can do entire LMES, but the press release is said to have come from Jordi Catón, who is Viladelprat´s right hand at EE.
Remember they did last year without sponsors, I do not think they can continue like that...
Old 19 Jan 2009, 14:44 (Ref:2374542)   #35
Marcel ten Caat
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Marcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMarcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What Dutch sponsors :-)
Old 19 Jan 2009, 14:51 (Ref:2374549)   #36
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
So long as they compete after Le Mans I'll be happy.
Old 19 Jan 2009, 15:13 (Ref:2374582)   #37
LeMans.pt
Veteran

Portugal
London, UK
Quote:
Hope so, it´ll be nice if thay can do entire LMES, but the press release is said to have come from Jordi Catón, who is Viladelprat´s right hand at EE.
Let´s call it "inside speculation...."
The correct words are "Possibly we wont start the Le Mans Series season, an we will concentrate, as a team and constructor, our efforts in the 24 Hours of Le Mans, and do the LMS later on".
Old 19 Jan 2009, 15:32 (Ref:2374598)   #38
Javi
Veteran

Quote:
Let´s call it "inside speculation...."
The correct words are "Possibly we wont start the Le Mans Series season, an we will concentrate, as a team and constructor, our efforts in the 24 Hours of Le Mans, and do the LMS later on".
"javi´s speculation" :

It´s widely known that what Epsilon Euskadi wants for the future is to be a constructor of chassis and sell them (like Lola...) , not race themselves. Here they talk "as a team and constructor". It´s obvioulsy the same for EE. But maybe a strong showing at Le Mans will make some team to change from, i.e, Lola to them. Various LMES insiders said that, as a chassis, EE1 does not give away anything to the Lola B08.

We´ll see
Old 19 Jan 2009, 18:53 (Ref:2374750)   #39
fanfisique
Rookie

fanfisique has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
"javi´s speculation" :

It´s widely known that what Epsilon Euskadi wants for the future is to be a constructor of chassis and sell them (like Lola...) , not race themselves. Here they talk "as a team and constructor". It´s obvioulsy the same for EE. But maybe a strong showing at Le Mans will make some team to change from, i.e, Lola to them. Various LMES insiders said that, as a chassis, EE1 does not give away anything to the Lola B08.

We´ll see
First, EE has to first beat the Courages if they want to sell anything in a marquet that will see some teams leaving the sport by the back door in a year time. That said, that´s why EE is changing for a new tub..because this year´s was overweight and not much reactive to changes made by drivers.

If they succeed, they will get some support from other teams. I do see too much "manufacturers" in Sportscars and little buyers. The marquet will see the process of natural selection in a few years time.

Pescarolo is the first in my eyes, Embassy, another one, but thing is for sure: Welter Racing will always be there even if their car is just crap and don´t sell a ****...

Old 19 Jan 2009, 20:13 (Ref:2374794)   #40
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fanfisique
I do see too much "manufacturers" in Sportscars and little buyers. The marquet will see the process of natural selection in a few years time.
I agree on that. Why do teams (e.g. Embassy, Creation, Lavaggi, Epsilon) always want to invent the wheel again? Inventing the wheel again means always teething problems. In my opinion it would be much better if there were, besides manufacturers like Audi, Peugeot and Acura, only 3 or 4 manufacturers (e.g. Lola, Zytek, Courage-Oreca, Dome) who each could sell 5 of 6 cars. More cars means more feedback and better return on investment.
Old 20 Jan 2009, 01:25 (Ref:2374952)   #41
Félix
Veteran

MagnetON
Québec
Félix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridFélix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The EE1(s) could certainly be at Barcelona for their home race... and to make sure the team doesn't get rusty.

I'd like to see them there because I will happen to be in Barcelona for 5 days just around those dates!
Old 20 Jan 2009, 15:01 (Ref:2375386)   #42
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE
I agree on that. Why do teams (e.g. Embassy, Creation, Lavaggi, Epsilon) always want to invent the wheel again? Inventing the wheel again means always teething problems. In my opinion it would be much better if there were, besides manufacturers like Audi, Peugeot and Acura, only 3 or 4 manufacturers (e.g. Lola, Zytek, Courage-Oreca, Dome) who each could sell 5 of 6 cars. More cars means more feedback and better return on investment.
Dome has no intention in building customer prototype chassis!, they only do it when they race them self, or got a team/car manufacture to race it for them!. They have no intention in having different teams racing there car against each other!.
I hope, and i think it will be very surprising if not, that Lola, Ginetta-Zytek, Courage-Oreca and Pescarolo will remain manufactures for a long time, where others may come and drop off!
Old 20 Jan 2009, 16:33 (Ref:2375424)   #43
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD
Dome has no intention in building customer prototype chassis!, they only do it when they race them self, or got a team/car manufacture to race it for them!. They have no intention in having different teams racing there car against each other!.
I am not sure about that around 2001 there were several teams running a Dome LMP1 (Racing for Holland, Kondo, John Nielsen/Team Goh, T2M).
Old 20 Jan 2009, 17:01 (Ref:2375437)   #44
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE
I am not sure about that around 2001 there were several teams running a Dome LMP1 (Racing for Holland, Kondo, John Nielsen/Team Goh, T2M).
Yes off course, i forgot that, but i remember reading here on Ten-Tenths that Dome dont want to sell there car to privates
Old 21 Jan 2009, 08:27 (Ref:2375865)   #45
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
There had been rumours knocking about that Goh were interested in running the car in the LMS .... but that petered out .
Old 3 Apr 2009, 16:46 (Ref:2432553)   #46
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Epsilon Euskadi have withdrawn both of their cars from Le Mans, one that was on the grid and the second which was on the reserve list. This means that for the first time an entry from the People's Republic of China will be on the grid for the race in the GT-2 Porsche 997 of Enduance China Team. Here

L.P.
Old 3 Apr 2009, 16:53 (Ref:2432559)   #47
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Uhh, doesn't sound good. I hope this isn't the end ffor the Euskadi programm
Old 3 Apr 2009, 17:06 (Ref:2432569)   #48
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
indeed, that's really bad news - I hope that's not the end but fear it probably is.
Old 3 Apr 2009, 17:16 (Ref:2432583)   #49
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I hope not. While I would understand a shortened or postponed program this year, I truly hope that it is still a working entity and we will see them back in the future, when funding is available.

L.P.
Old 3 Apr 2009, 17:53 (Ref:2432606)   #50
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Another team who tried to go it alone rather than taking the easy (sensible?) option of buying off the shelf.

Epsilon, Embassy, are Creation next?

Regardless of Epsilon continuing or not, I think it's fair to say Lola, ORECA, Zytek and Pescarolo have the customer market sown up, with strength in numbers giving them the best chance to challenge major manufacturer's cars.