Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 2 Nov 2009, 14:44 (Ref:2574169)   #26
fiend540
Racer

United States
East Aurora NY
fiend540 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
They won the slot fair and square, so it's not like you can be mad about it. Lets just hope they have their **** together this year.
Old 2 Nov 2009, 20:33 (Ref:2574392)   #27
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Hang about, we're all going on about how bad JLOC has been recently, but I'm sure I remember that they managed to pedal that thing round La Sarthe til Sunday morning in 2006. The impossible has already been achieved.
Old 2 Nov 2009, 20:52 (Ref:2574418)   #28
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It's not that JLOC bothers me, but the category all together.
Old 2 Nov 2009, 23:26 (Ref:2574537)   #29
Joe Taylor
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warwickshire, UK
Joe Taylor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
Hang about, we're all going on about how bad JLOC has been recently, but I'm sure I remember that they managed to pedal that thing round La Sarthe til Sunday morning in 2006. The impossible has already been achieved.
Well yes, but the car was being run by Reiter that year. If JLOC had turned up with a bag of bolts like this year, they would probably have insisted on using one of their own cars. On the other hand, I felt sympathy for them in 2007. Apicella had a big accident, they completely rebuilt the car around a new shell, then had a failure on the second lap.
Old 3 Nov 2009, 12:38 (Ref:2574850)   #30
geeteeone
Racer

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes, UK
geeteeone should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ_N_09 View Post
Whatever happens, It better not be #1068(?) they bring!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If they take up their entry, it will have to be with one of the new Reiter-built Murcielago R-SVs, as will be used in the 2010 FIA GT1 World Championship. The old Murcielago R-GT won't be eligible next season. It's possible that there may be some sort of conversion kit they can use to save them having to buy a brand new car.
Old 3 Nov 2009, 15:17 (Ref:2574940)   #31
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
I guess if they pay Reiter enough, they could...

Cheaper just to buy the 2010 car!
Old 3 Nov 2009, 15:41 (Ref:2574956)   #32
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
When they had that disaster at Le Mans , they didnt deal with Reiter , they went for a car that was years old and was owned by DAMS ..... something about the JLOC/Reiter relationship seems sour in my opinion .
Old 3 Nov 2009, 17:39 (Ref:2575046)   #33
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
Ahha! DAMS, now I understand why they bought bits in Paris. Thank you!
Old 3 Nov 2009, 18:48 (Ref:2575095)   #34
Dead-Eye
Veteran

Estonia
Dead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
They could try work with someone who has a car, like Vitaphone and Strakka did last year.
Old 4 Nov 2009, 05:12 (Ref:2575360)   #35
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
They previously dealt with DAMS to borrow one of their cars (which, just like all the others was built by Reiter) after Marco Apicella had that awful prang on the Mulsanne a couple of years back. Of course the car did not run well - it had been sitting unused for over a year when it was dragged out and made to start LM without proper prep.

This year's car, as far as I understand it, was a rebuild of the chassis Apicella ripped the back end off of, which, rather than being sent back to Reiter, they reassembled themselves with cannibalized Murcielago road car parts. Obviously a build like this is not suitable, but though the car was not Reiter's, it was also not wholly not Reiter's. Perhaps having Kaneko's T2M team run the car might not be as good as having the car builder's team run it for you, but they don't deserve to be slated for it either. It was not their fault they were provided with something like that to run.

The SuperGT Murcielago R-GT cars which JLOC ran in GT500 and then later in GT300 are also Reiter-built chassis, for the record, but it seems that the one they ran as #68 has not been hack-jobbed at any point like the #69 ex-LM2009 car has. Not a bad car, they ran it well, they deserved the result they got. Hitotsuyama did a good job too - hopefully they'll be recognized for that if they also submit a Le Mans entry.
Old 4 Nov 2009, 05:16 (Ref:2575363)   #36
The359
Veteran

United States
Pennsylvania, USA
The359 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think the winning JLOC car was in fact an R-GT LM, while the other one was the older car. They had completely different mock ups in the front end underneath the bodywork.
Old 4 Nov 2009, 08:54 (Ref:2575426)   #37
tlracing
Rookie

tlracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm pleased that we should be seeing a Lambo at the Sarthe in 2010.

Whatever the reasons for the 2009 debacle - and debacle it was - it's been shown that the car can run reliably. It's different, it looks good and so - for me at least - adds to the attraction of the 24 Hours
Old 4 Nov 2009, 09:17 (Ref:2575444)   #38
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Im delighted at the thought of seeing a Lambo again , but I just wish the car and team had a bit more pedigree .
Old 4 Nov 2009, 21:17 (Ref:2575890)   #39
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Could the ACO snub them and refuse their entry?
Old 4 Nov 2009, 21:22 (Ref:2575894)   #40
The359
Veteran

United States
Pennsylvania, USA
...why? They earned it at an ACO event.
Old 4 Nov 2009, 21:26 (Ref:2575898)   #41
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Quote:
Originally Posted by The359 View Post
...why? They earned it at an ACO event.
The ACO might want an entry where the car is likely to reach double figures in the lap count.

I'm not saying they should refuse them, but on the evidence of their past two entries this team is not exactly going to set the world on fire - although we'll most likely see a Lambo go up in flames spectacularly.
Old 4 Nov 2009, 21:38 (Ref:2575906)   #42
The359
Veteran

United States
Pennsylvania, USA
Quote:
The ACO might want an entry where the car is likely to reach double figures in the lap count.

I'm not saying they should refuse them, but on the evidence of their past two entries this team is not exactly going to set the world on fire - although we'll most likely see a Lambo go up in flames spectacularly.
The JLOC Lamborghini completed 283 laps in 2006. In 2007 their car was torn to bits in qualifying and lucky to even make the start. The ACO might want a lot of things, but there's no reason to deny a team a rightfully earned entry because of year where they completely screwed up.

Since when has Le Mans only been about allowing race winning entries?
Old 4 Nov 2009, 21:43 (Ref:2575912)   #43
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Quote:
The JLOC Lamborghini completed 283 laps in 2006. In 2007 their car was torn to bits in qualifying and lucky to even make the start. The ACO might want a lot of things, but there's no reason to deny a team a rightfully earned entry because of year where they completely screwed up.

Since when has Le Mans only been about allowing race winning entries?
It's not, but it was a crime letting in the JLOC entry last year when we had the Labre Saleen, which was a strong entry racing full time in the LMS, in the reserves. That entry was still not pushed through even after a few entries dropped out. I got the impression that JLOC were granted an entry to promote the AsiLMS at the expense of a podium-contending entry which did things the proper way.

I mentioned earlier about the '06 effort not being too bad, but as someone said (I can't remember who), that year Reiter were running it.
Old 4 Nov 2009, 21:44 (Ref:2575913)   #44
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
I think the winning JLOC car was in fact an R-GT LM, while the other one was the older car. They had completely different mock ups in the front end underneath the bodywork.
You are completely right, I'd reversed the two numbers in my mind but #68 was the car from LM and #69 this year's (?) GT300 car. Guess they finally got the LM chassis sorted properly then.

I don't really get why some people are so down on the team. This year at LM was not their finest hour, but no worse than many entries in the past. They did run strongly in their first entry though, in terms of endurance if not outright pace. The Lambo was not much of a weapon then anyway. Furthermore, they've had success in Super GT too - the Murcielago was on the GT300 podium at the last race in Fuji for instance.

Finally, they completed all 1000km last weekend to earn their spot. So if the ACO is thinking 'we want cars that can finish the race', why would they look at the JLOC car and refuse it? It just finished, twice, and won once!
Old 4 Nov 2009, 21:50 (Ref:2575915)   #45
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Quote:
Could the ACO snub them and refuse their entry?
Perhaps I should rephrase that question anyway.

Would it be possible for ACO to refuse an auto-invite if they were so minded?
Old 4 Nov 2009, 22:32 (Ref:2575951)   #46
The359
Veteran

United States
Pennsylvania, USA
Quote:
It's not, but it was a crime letting in the JLOC entry last year when we had the Labre Saleen, which was a strong entry racing full time in the LMS, in the reserves. That entry was still not pushed through even after a few entries dropped out. I got the impression that JLOC were granted an entry to promote the AsiLMS at the expense of a podium-contending entry which did things the proper way.

I mentioned earlier about the '06 effort not being too bad, but as someone said (I can't remember who), that year Reiter were running it.
Do you think the ACO could have predicted what would have happened with the JLOC entry? No. Yes it's highly likely that JLOC got the entry for being an Asian team (and for having a Lambo), but the ACO also likely gave them an entry expecting them to actually perform.

2009 Le Mans is moot however, as JLOC have clearly shown they have the potential to perform after two straight races.
Old 5 Nov 2009, 08:42 (Ref:2576180)   #47
Marcel ten Caat
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Marcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMarcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmk View Post
You are completely right, I'd reversed the two numbers in my mind but #68 was the car from LM and #69 this year's (?) GT300 car. Guess they finally got the LM chassis sorted properly then.
None of the JLOC cars raced at Okayama raced at Le Mans this year.
Old 5 Nov 2009, 10:09 (Ref:2576239)   #48
The Badger
Veteran

Quote:
Perhaps I should rephrase that question anyway.

Would it be possible for ACO to refuse an auto-invite if they were so minded?
I would think there would be a case for legal action against them if they tried that route .

But you always have to get past the little french man with the straight stick (Scrutineer chief) ..... and he can be very difficult at best !!!

Ive seen better prepared teams getting turfed out on their ear by that evil little Frenchman .
Old 5 Nov 2009, 10:16 (Ref:2576242)   #49
Dario911
Veteran

Italy
Somewhere in the world...
Dario911 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well done! Mission accomplished for JLOC.
That's the 3rd international win for Lamborghini. I love R-GT and I'm happy for this.
If IPB Spartak Racing would not be menaced by its budget trouble, it could have fought for the title in LMS, this year!

JLOC has done a great job in two races, not just in one. A 1st and a 2nd place are a good result to go to Le Mans...
I think they can improve the car and the team to be the next outsiders in la Sarthe!
Le Mans, 23/06/2013, 15:00, Allan we miss you!
Porsche 1°-2° in GTE-Pro class with 991 GT3 RSR
Porsche 1st. place in GTE-Am class with 997 GT3 RSR
Old 5 Nov 2009, 10:59 (Ref:2576267)   #50
Dead-Eye
Veteran

Estonia
Dead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
But you always have to get past the little french man with the straight stick (Scrutineer chief) ..... and he can be very difficult at best !!!
Well, he did let this year's chassis through...