Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 10 May 2018, 00:55 (Ref:3821177)   #151
ford71
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide
ford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No-one has posted the Crompton "big guns" video yet.
That always gets a run in this thread chats
Old 10 May 2018, 02:18 (Ref:3821179)   #152
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
restrained is a word, boring is another, sleep-inducing is another, bamboozling is another, tuned-out is another,

all are correct
In your opinion.

I agree that more focus on the lap as per is needed by the 12 Hour commentators in the shoot out however over a Bathurst 1000 or Bathurst 12 Hour coverage - I will take Johnny Palmer, Hindy and Craill over the hyperbole of "pressure motorsport" of Crompton and Skaife
Old 10 May 2018, 03:46 (Ref:3821185)   #153
leothedrummer
Racer

leothedrummer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.R.T. View Post
In your opinion.

I agree that more focus on the lap as per is needed by the 12 Hour commentators in the shoot out however over a Bathurst 1000 or Bathurst 12 Hour coverage - I will take Johnny Palmer, Hindy and Craill over the hyperbole of "pressure motorsport" of Crompton and Skaife
Yeah but will those guys give you a ticket to the last 20 laps?

--

For serious though, I enjoy the 12 hour team and the Supercars team. Crompton and Larkham are great overall IMO and I never thought I'd say I like Greg Murphy! Skaife though, I feel like he has some real flaws which are based on his success as a driver. It seems to me as if he isn't able to remove himself from the action - I get the impression that he's thinking about what HE would do in that situation, rather than talking about what's happening at the time.
Old 10 May 2018, 03:47 (Ref:3821186)   #154
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.R.T. View Post
In your opinion.

Im with you DRT. When Neil becomes Squeal Im always quite happy to turn the volume down. Its the sight of the racing that excites me.... not the frenzy of the commentator.
Old 10 May 2018, 04:48 (Ref:3821189)   #155
Driver TBA
Veteran

Driver TBA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ford71 View Post
Or when Larko explained his affection for Dick Johnson.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
Old 10 May 2018, 08:54 (Ref:3821224)   #156
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ford71 View Post
Always gets a chuckle from me.
Old 11 May 2018, 09:23 (Ref:3821465)   #157
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Partially its there experience with shoot outs i guess
RLM call plenty of shootouts each year, including this weekend at the N24

Compare Crompton now with Crompton in 2001, he spends little time calling the actual lap here, and neither do the other commentators

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djhL-Oarrw0
Old 11 May 2018, 09:41 (Ref:3821472)   #158
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Back then, the catagory could sell itself. Now it needs the commentators, etc to envirgorate the viewers.
Old 11 May 2018, 11:54 (Ref:3821484)   #159
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by one five five View Post
RLM call plenty of shootouts each year, including this weekend at the N24

thats just makes things even worse then, i was prepared to excuse them for inexperience, but now i know they are just woeful at it

and they still are not as good as 2001, at least in 2001 they are talking about Ambrose the bathurst rookie from the start of the lap and he was the 5th of 15 guys out as well

by the way, we had a spare $5 we threw on ambrose for pole that year, covered a few rounds that night

Last edited by peckstar; 11 May 2018 at 12:07.
Old 11 May 2018, 12:06 (Ref:3821487)   #160
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Again, in your opinion.

I'm a fan of Hindy and team, very entertaining over the course of a full week-end live at the circuit, and bear in mind his commentary is designed for live streaming over internet. I know he's not to everyone's taste, but then who is?
Old 11 May 2018, 12:12 (Ref:3821489)   #161
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woolley View Post
Again, in your opinion.

I'm a fan of Hindy and team, very entertaining over the course of a full week-end live at the circuit, and bear in mind his commentary is designed for live streaming over internet. I know he's not to everyone's taste, but then who is?
really did you watch those two bits of commentary? Im doubtful

Their job is to describe what is happening for the people who are streaming, they didnt do it!. That not opinion at all. The evidence is there, plain as day and they dont need biased apologists to defend them

man up and admit they did a woeful job
Old 12 May 2018, 00:58 (Ref:3821594)   #162
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Ive watched that lap from this year's 12 hour. It doesn't get close to 'Woeful' IMO. I thought it was more than passable.

PS That BMW is sex.
Old 12 May 2018, 10:28 (Ref:3821647)   #163
ForumNick
Veteran

Australia
ForumNick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
... on a stick?
Old 13 May 2018, 07:35 (Ref:3821965)   #164
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayhem View Post
Ive watched that lap from this year's 12 hour. It doesn't get close to 'Woeful' IMO. I thought it was more than passable.

PS That BMW is sex.
And somehow, the local M6 team seems to dial the speed out of the M6 at every track it runs other than here... a variety of paydrivers seemingly clogging up its competitivess, and sometimes its body panels & mechanicals
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 13 May 2018, 10:02 (Ref:3822003)   #165
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
And somehow, the local M6 team seems to dial the speed out of the M6 at every track it runs other than here... a variety of paydrivers seemingly clogging up its competitivess, and sometimes its body panels & mechanicals

Indeed. It’s a situation many have been wondering about for as long as the programme has existed. Maybe the step up from a one make series was too big for the team? Maybe the chassis they have has some deficiencies that still have to be sorted?...The musical chairs driver wise doesn’t help either.
Old 13 May 2018, 10:40 (Ref:3822011)   #166
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
really did you watch those two bits of commentary? Im doubtful

Their job is to describe what is happening for the people who are streaming, they didnt do it!. That not opinion at all. The evidence is there, plain as day and they dont need biased apologists to defend them

man up and admit they did a woeful job
The only plain as day evidence is the fact that you don't like their commentary. That is perfectly fine.

The other fact is that there are many fans around the world, including Australia, who like the RLM style of commentary. Someone must like them, RLM broadcasts on radio, streaming and Television on major and minor motorsport events justabout 52 weekends a year, every year, for clients the likes of the ACO, IMSA, SRO, Supercars, Yeehah Events and so on.

From that list of organisations who employ their services, sounds like they do anything but a woeful job.
Old 13 May 2018, 11:20 (Ref:3822027)   #167
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
The only plain as day evidence is the fact that you don't like their commentary. That is perfectly fine.

The other fact is that there are many fans around the world, including Australia, who like the RLM style of commentary. Someone must like them, RLM broadcasts on radio, streaming and Television on major and minor motorsport events justabout 52 weekends a year, every year, for clients the likes of the ACO, IMSA, SRO, Supercars, Yeehah Events and so on.

From that list of organisations who employ their services, sounds like they do anything but a woeful job.
their commentary on the shootout is a lot like your argument here and all its unrelated facts. Woeful
Old 13 May 2018, 12:09 (Ref:3822047)   #168
bludvl_x19
Veteran

Australia
umop apisdn
bludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:

I don't disagree with a word you have said, but you are arguing with a brick wall....
Old 13 May 2018, 12:11 (Ref:3822049)   #169
banksie
Racer

Australia
Victoria
banksie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Current fox sports ad promoting their motorsport coverage:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMTuLvTB6qw
Old 13 May 2018, 13:14 (Ref:3822089)   #170
Umai Naa
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bludvl_x19 View Post
I don't disagree with a word you have said, but you are arguing with a brick wall....
This.
Old 13 May 2018, 16:32 (Ref:3822133)   #171
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
their commentary on the shootout is a lot like your argument here and all its unrelated facts. Woeful
In your opinion.... leave it at that. Or add that proviso. Your opinion in this case is not an opinion shared by all. FACT.
Old 13 May 2018, 20:58 (Ref:3822198)   #172
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I love listening to other people’s opinion, even if I don’t always agree with them. That’s where this forum comes in
Old 13 May 2018, 22:19 (Ref:3822216)   #173
GROUPA
Racer

GROUPA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Had in Radio One boys on during the weekend for N24 - they had some great guests pass by and streaming on the net was excellent

Nothing beats in car footage in the wet and in the dark with GT3 cars running real close and weaving in and out of the traffic

The spectator grandstands are getting better too
Old 13 May 2018, 22:31 (Ref:3822217)   #174
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
In your opinion.... leave it at that. Or add that proviso. Your opinion in this case is not an opinion shared by all. FACT.

Im pretty confident im correct and everyone agrees with me. Its just they dont want to say it because that does not support their long term agendas. even DRT agreed with me.
Old 13 May 2018, 22:51 (Ref:3822219)   #175
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
I agree to disagree, and move on.