Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 4 Aug 2007, 17:13 (Ref:1980734)   #176
E46
Veteran

Spain
Zaragoza, Reino de Aragón
E46 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Absolutely delicious to watch so much people crying.
Old 4 Aug 2007, 17:13 (Ref:1980735)   #177
Alan Raine
Veteran

England
Hale, Cheshire
Alan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Alonso is now blaming it on Hamilton!!!!!?????????

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/61366
Old 4 Aug 2007, 17:14 (Ref:1980736)   #178
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
The fact is that McLaren have lost control of both their drivers, but that's about the last thing in the world they would admit. Oh, apart from being guilty of industrial espionage, that is.
Old 4 Aug 2007, 17:16 (Ref:1980741)   #179
E46
Veteran

Spain
Zaragoza, Reino de Aragón
E46 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Now seriously, I hate "Alonsomania" in Spain and I didn´t think a "Hamiltonmania" could happen in GB, a country with so much history in motorsport. But lately this forum is annoying.
Old 4 Aug 2007, 17:17 (Ref:1980743)   #180
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Saint
foul behavior something that amuses you a lot is it?
I agree, those that find it funny or fault Hamilton are well I'm not going to say words but it's stupid.

If you were a driver and you had that disgusting behavior cheat you out of defending your pole how would have feel at someone laughing at it or even try and blame you?
Old 4 Aug 2007, 17:19 (Ref:1980744)   #181
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by E46
Now seriously, I hate "Alonsomania" in Spain and I didn´t think a "Hamiltonmania" could happen in GB, a country with so much history in motorsport. But lately this forum is annoying.
There's NO hamilton mania.

Alot of this forum consist of British posters, what's wrong with seeing a Brit win again? and cheering him on? Exactly.
Old 4 Aug 2007, 17:19 (Ref:1980745)   #182
Alpha Charlie 6
Rookie

Alpha Charlie 6 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!

Alonso shows his true colours yet again..

Last time it was Massa, this time his team mate

Spoilt child or what?

Uncle Ron was not amused.... Alonso to get a final warning????

Last edited by Alpha Charlie 6; 4 Aug 2007 at 17:22.
Old 4 Aug 2007, 17:23 (Ref:1980749)   #183
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
Hill : http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/61365

Glad to see someone has sense.

Quote:
"It seemed like a tactical ploy from Alonso to make sure that he was the last person to get a lap in, to be out on the track at the very end, and that seemed to be at the cost of Lewis getting a lap in," said the 1996 champion.

"I think you have to say that Alonso's put his foot down and basically got what he wanted there.

"He certainly showed he's not prepared to play a team game if it's at his expense," the Briton told reporters. "I think it was a very selfish thing to do. But sometimes selfish guys win."

"They are going to have to work very hard to try and convince the world that there are not two camps in the McLaren team," he said.

"He could have gone down the pitlane a bit," said the 1996 champion. "He didn't have to sit there in the place where Lewis needed to get to to get his tyres.

"It very much looks like he was costing Lewis a chance to get a lap that may well have got pole position. That's what I feel he did."
Old 4 Aug 2007, 17:25 (Ref:1980750)   #184
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I guess it's kinda off topic now, but according to Autosport there are a chance of showers tommorow...
Old 4 Aug 2007, 17:27 (Ref:1980751)   #185
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Raine
Alonso is now blaming it on Hamilton!!!!!?????????

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/61366
That story actually bears out something I posted earlier. I wouldn't exclude it as being possible.
Quote:
Originally Posted by strider
Just suppose Lewis had been instructed by the team earlier in the session to move over for Alonso and had refused to do so and told Ron what to do with his instruction? If that were to be right what Alonso did would be payback time. Then who's the villain?
Old 4 Aug 2007, 17:27 (Ref:1980752)   #186
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
It appears to be a bit of tit-for-tat.

Hamilton apparently refused to move over early in the session to allow Alonso another flying lap, then Alonso blocked Lewis in the pits, and had his trainer count him down to get on the track.
Old 4 Aug 2007, 17:27 (Ref:1980753)   #187
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
It was pure spin by Alonso.
Old 4 Aug 2007, 17:28 (Ref:1980754)   #188
924nut
Racer

924nut should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Lets get this into perspective its not HamiltonMania - this is just out and out cheating - We are all here because we love motor RACING - If this guy hasnt got the balls to RACE on the TRACK then it is time he quit - I am a Brit and there is nothing wrong with being happy to see a Brit do well -having said that I will applaud any good racing but this type of fiasco will just turn people away from our sport
Old 4 Aug 2007, 17:28 (Ref:1980755)   #189
pdman
Racer

New Zealand
Napier
pdman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Now they're saying that Alonso was getting instructions from his trainer on the pit wall. He told him when to go !!!!

Ron took the guy with him to explian to the stewarts what had happened...

http://www.f1-live.com/f1/en/headlin...04175001.shtml
Old 4 Aug 2007, 17:29 (Ref:1980756)   #190
jnr blue 91
Rookie

United Kingdom
jnr blue 91 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Hans
I've read on another forum (not the most reliable source, admittedly) that Alonso has said "The only reason people at Mclaren are unhappy is because I got the pole and Hamilton was second", during an interview with Spanish TV.

OUCH.
is this another speed/tr thing going on???

alonos may be doing himself favours aswell. we were all so delighted to see how good hamilton could be by carving himself up through the field, if alonso does get a penalty, then he will have to do the same??
Old 4 Aug 2007, 17:32 (Ref:1980758)   #191
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by luke
There's NO hamilton mania.

Maybe not on Planet Luke.

But I see an awful lot of it here on earth. I'm not saying he doesn't deserve support, I'm not even saying we shouldn't be a bit jingoistic about supporting a great British driver... but the hype we've had has been utterly ridiculous.

Back to the point, and the incident itself, I'm not sure how Lewis can properly be blamed, I think that's just psycho babble.

But I still find it funny. Sorry!
Old 4 Aug 2007, 17:33 (Ref:1980760)   #192
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo
Hamilton apparently refused to move over early in the session to allow Alonso another flying lap, then Alonso blocked Lewis in the pits, and had his trainer count him down to get on the track.
How would Fernando have communicated this plan to his physio? I know he was wearing headphones (which were yanked off him by Dennis), but would he have had the facility to speak to Alonso? And surely if he had, then other team-members would have been listening in?
Old 4 Aug 2007, 17:33 (Ref:1980761)   #193
Alan Raine
Veteran

England
Hale, Cheshire
Alan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by E46
I think we all hate the "Hamiltonmania" in the UK.

I'm a fan of Motor Racing and don't really follow any driver in particular. Alonso, like Hamilton is rather special, one of the few who stand head and shoulders above the rest. OK they both have possibly the best cars on the circuit, but they know how to use them.

If Hamilton did the same as Alonso today I would be complaining in exactly the same way. In the long term I think Fernando will regret todays actions.
Old 4 Aug 2007, 17:35 (Ref:1980763)   #194
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by garcon

Maybe not on Planet Luke.

But I see an awful lot of it here on earth. I'm not saying he doesn't deserve support, I'm not even saying we shouldn't be a bit jingoistic about supporting a great British driver... but the hype we've had has been utterly ridiculous.

Back to the point, and the incident itself, I'm not sure how Lewis can properly be blamed, I think that's just psycho babble.

But I still find it funny. Sorry!
Button was over hyped but Hamilton hasn't. He's won races and out classed the best in F1 in his first year!!!!!!!!! People are saying he can win the title which is not OTT because he's been leading it since the 2nd or 3rd round!! If we want to be passionate and support a winning driver we should be able to without being labeled as hypers or Hamilton mania.
Old 4 Aug 2007, 17:35 (Ref:1980764)   #195
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Hans
How would Fernando have communicated this plan to his physio? I know he was wearing headphones (which were yanked off him by Dennis), but would he have had the facility to speak to Alonso? And surely if he had, then other team-members would have been listening in?
I have no idea, though it could be that these things are pre-planned.

Of course it could just be that its a total misunderstanding.
Old 4 Aug 2007, 17:37 (Ref:1980768)   #196
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo
It appears to be a bit of tit-for-tat.
It does seem that way.

Anything you can do, I can do better...
Old 4 Aug 2007, 17:38 (Ref:1980770)   #197
henk4
Veteran

Netherlands
Rozenburg, Holland
henk4 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridhenk4 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
the whole issue just supports my decision to spend tomorrow afternoon with friends, rather than in front of a TV set....
Old 4 Aug 2007, 17:38 (Ref:1980771)   #198
Alpha Charlie 6
Rookie

Alpha Charlie 6 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Alonso was only doing what Rossi does just before he races....He obviously has some balls... but he is really going to need them now!!!!

Is the villian of the piece Briatore?
Old 4 Aug 2007, 17:40 (Ref:1980772)   #199
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha Charlie 6
Is the villian of the piece Briatore?
That's a bit of a left-field suggestion.

Why do you feel that Briatore may be involved?
Old 4 Aug 2007, 17:46 (Ref:1980777)   #200
Alan Raine
Veteran

England
Hale, Cheshire
Ron's backing Alonso

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/61368

Happy with that and Fernado got his own back.

I'm still not sure if I like it though?