Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > 10 Tenths Motorsport > Announcements and Feedback

Old 20 Nov 2011, 10:48 (Ref:2989128)   #26
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
OK so for the hard of thinking like myself...

What is Tapatalk ?
Where do I get it ?
How much does it cost?
Is it easy to set up?
Old 20 Nov 2011, 11:38 (Ref:2989141)   #27
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotsBrutesFan View Post
OK so for the hard of thinking like myself...

What is Tapatalk ?
Where do I get it ?
How much does it cost?
Is it easy to set up?
An app for viewing forums on your phone if you don't like the way the desktop works.
You should get a link next time you view tenths on your phone or tablet or go to the market place.
£1.99
Don't know.
Old 20 Nov 2011, 11:56 (Ref:2989149)   #28
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Thanks Tim
Old 20 Nov 2011, 11:56 (Ref:2989150)   #29
Mystery
Veteran

Jersey
Jersey
Mystery should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMystery should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Very easy to set up for me on iPod touch. Simple as searching for the forum (use the search string "tenths") and logging in :-)
Old 20 Nov 2011, 12:05 (Ref:2989154)   #30
Burnsie
Official Timekeeper!
Veteran

Burnsie should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBurnsie should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBurnsie should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
If you're like me and have a phone that runs the Android operating system, you'll be glad to know that Tapatalk is still available (link)

The reviews are positive and it seems extremely popular, but I'll wait until MagnetON and his army of minions at Ten Tenths Towers have completed the testing of the app. If it's a success and is rolled out to subscribers, then I'll part with my hard-earned £1.99!
Old 20 Nov 2011, 12:11 (Ref:2989158)   #31
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I have got it to work on my BB9800 but it just hangs.
Old 21 Nov 2011, 02:26 (Ref:2989405)   #32
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
I've got it working on my iPad and Tenths is the #2 forum of its type, but I must be doing something wrong, because all it wants to show me is the Unread Topics, of which there were 303. What about the ones I want to read???
Old 21 Nov 2011, 02:40 (Ref:2989406)   #33
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
On my Blackberry I get a main menu which shows new threads and unread topics. BTW it's working well now.
Old 21 Nov 2011, 06:19 (Ref:2989435)   #34
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by strider View Post
I've got it working on my iPad and Tenths is the #2 forum of its type, but I must be doing something wrong, because all it wants to show me is the Unread Topics, of which there were 303. What about the ones I want to read???
Use the "forum menu" button and you can select the topics that you want in a similar way to normal.
Old 21 Nov 2011, 09:39 (Ref:2989496)   #35
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnsie View Post
The reviews are positive and it seems extremely popular, but I'll wait until MagnetON and his army of minions at Ten Tenths Towers have completed the testing of the app.
Well more like my army of minion, she's waiting for someone to turn up on site and so is playing with Apple and Blackberry versions, and I've the Android version on me work phone!

Quote:
If it's a success and is rolled out to subscribers, then I'll part with my hard-earned £1.99!
Hard-earned by sitting on your bum at F1, watching screens and going "Yup, timing computers are still working"
Old 21 Nov 2011, 11:12 (Ref:2989543)   #36
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Further announcement on T4 (Ten-Tenths Tapatalk!) here.
Old 21 Nov 2011, 15:40 (Ref:2989647)   #37
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
On my Blackberry I get a main menu which shows new threads and unread topics. BTW it's working well now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourer View Post
Use the "forum menu" button and you can select the topics that you want in a similar way to normal.
Thanks. Now I'm fully awake (check the time of my previous post!) I see what you mean and it all seems to tick along very well. I don't see that there is any need for a separate 10ths app so I'm fine with the decision that's been made.
Old 21 Nov 2011, 23:09 (Ref:2989801)   #38
Burnsie
Official Timekeeper!
Veteran

Burnsie should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBurnsie should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBurnsie should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
This is a test post sent from Tapatalk for Android.

Very user-friendly interface, easy to navigate around the forum and post messages (if you're reading this!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnetON View Post
Hard-earned by sitting on your bum at F1...
I find it's the most ergonomically suitable way to sit
Old 22 Nov 2011, 08:58 (Ref:2989926)   #39
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
Quote:
Very user-friendly interface, easy to navigate around the forum and post messages (if you're reading this!)
I have to admit that for small handheld devices likes phones then it's rather good!
Old 22 Nov 2011, 09:02 (Ref:2989927)   #40
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Well it's certainly quicker than the mobile website.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
Old 23 Nov 2011, 03:31 (Ref:2990267)   #41
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
Just to prove the point, this is from my iPad. I must be getting there!
Old 23 Nov 2011, 22:01 (Ref:2990642)   #42
Burnsie
Official Timekeeper!
Veteran

I've been using Tapatalk for a couple of days now and have found it to be extremely easy to use, definitely worth the £1.99 that I was initially unwilling to part with.

If you're still having second thoughts, have a look at these screen-shots that I have just taken. Hopefully they will help to illustrate the user-friendly interface, and convince you that it's worth buying (and subscribing to Ten Tenths of course) if you haven't done so already...

Choose your forum category...

Have a look at the topics of discussion...

Open a thread to view the replies...

Create a reply the same way you would send a text message or email...

That's really all there is to it, and once you get the hang of the app it can be configured to suit you.
Old 10 Dec 2011, 14:12 (Ref:2998051)   #43
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Shall I get tapatalk HD for my iPad? Does anyone know if it is actually any better than the standard version. I hardly use it on an iPhone, but will on an iPad. I could get both, I suppose.
Old 10 Dec 2011, 15:43 (Ref:2998074)   #44
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
It's not brilliant on the Blackberry, but as I will never have an i wossname, it doesn't matter.
Old 10 Dec 2011, 18:16 (Ref:2998126)   #45
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Shall I get tapatalk HD for my iPad? Does anyone know if it is actually any better than the standard version. I hardly use it on an iPhone, but will on an iPad. I could get both, I suppose.
I don't think it's much different, just bigger. I have it on my iPad only and find it pretty useful.
Old 12 Jan 2012, 18:59 (Ref:3010834)   #46
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I didn't check back to this thread but very happy to be posting from my phone now. Thank you! Yea, now my favorite forum to kill time in the airport!
Old 15 Mar 2012, 23:39 (Ref:3041899)   #47
parkingjedi
Racer

Bhutan
parkingjedi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Cool! Forgot I got the ball rolling on this one, just checked back now and lo and behold...tapatalk.
Thanks admins!
I can now access on my android tab and iPod touch, awesome!
Old 20 Mar 2012, 03:14 (Ref:3045079)   #48
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yes, I want to thank the admins again. I use it everyday!
Old 20 Mar 2012, 09:22 (Ref:3045163)   #49
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
Yes, I want to thank the admins again. I use it everyday!
So do I!
Old 11 Apr 2012, 03:39 (Ref:3056917)   #50
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Just had to update Tapatalk. Getting better everyday, IMO.

I have thoroughly enjoyed the ease and functionality of this app in conjunction with this forum and thanks to 10ths for offering it.