Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Road Car Forums > Road Car Forum

Old 18 Aug 2010, 21:43 (Ref:2746841)   #1
Zico
Racer

Zico should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Stratos is back...

The pop-up front lights have obviously gone (regs) but the rest of the styling cues are still all there albeit modernised. particularly the front end.. which still needs some work done imo.. looks ok from some angles but not others.

Click this bar to view the full image.

More here.. http://www.italiaspeed.com/2010/cars...y/gallery.html

The Stratos name was bought by a rich german guy (Stoschek) who took the Ferrari 430 Scuderia chassis, shortened it and clad it in Carbon fibre, so although all the headlines suggest its an official Lancia product.. it is not... but thats probably not a bad thing either.

"The car is built entirely from carbonfibre and only weighs 1240kg (around 108 kilos lighter than the donor Ferrari Scuderia), with the weight being equally distributed front and rear. With the 430 Scuderia's 4.3-litre V8 engine pushing out 503bhp, this gives the car a power-to-weight ratio of 413bhp/ton."

http://www.evo.co.uk/news/evonews/25..._official.html

"Stoschek has given Pininfarina the go-ahead to explore the opportunity of building up to 25 examples of this new Stratos, so if you fancy one too, then you’ll need very deep pockets as we hear the expected price will run well into hundreds of thousands of pounds. It’s very pretty though..."

Very nice.. but would I have one over a 458? Im not so sure...

Last edited by Zico; 18 Aug 2010 at 22:00.
Old 19 Aug 2010, 17:02 (Ref:2747214)   #2
tristancliffe
Veteran

United Kingdom
Norwich, UK
tristancliffe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridtristancliffe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Much nicer than that awful Hrabalek thing from a few years ago, but you're right, this still needs a bit of work.

I like how the roof spoiler is integrated, and they've done a good job of keeping the Stratos cues, but without being excessively retro - which is just lazy. Having said that, it does look a bit TOO much like the original for a modern car...

Back to the drawing board for a tweak in my opinion.
Old 19 Aug 2010, 20:27 (Ref:2747316)   #3
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
duke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridduke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I like it on an aesthetic level, it would be nice to see these on track but sadly that is not particuararly likely due to the arrangement under which this car has been made. The only question is how it would look in the Alitalia livery ...