Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 15 Jun 2017, 11:55 (Ref:3741596)   #1
richie17
Racer

Australia
Alexandra Hills
richie17 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Real time tyre wear sensor.

I wonder how long until F1 will start using the tyre wear sensor? Link.
Old 15 Jun 2017, 15:21 (Ref:3741670)   #2
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I thought we had telemetry anyway to measure that?
Old 16 Jun 2017, 06:59 (Ref:3742103)   #3
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'm confused - the link refers to a tread depth technology, but F1 runs on slicks?
Unless the grooved tyres are coming back?
Old 16 Jun 2017, 12:05 (Ref:3742174)   #4
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
That's how I read it, seems like a nanny state or we're too dumb/lazy to actual look at our equipment for the general public.

Think the teams already have enough telemetry beyond this patch to judge tire wear and temps
Old 21 Jun 2017, 15:15 (Ref:3745805)   #5
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
I'm confused - the link refers to a tread depth technology, but F1 runs on slicks?
There are holes in the slick surface so you can measure the depth.
Old 22 Jun 2017, 16:10 (Ref:3746086)   #6
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
That is correct...