Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 26 Apr 2021, 20:26 (Ref:4047994)   #2076
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
Try listening to Mark Skaife on V8 Supercars The Redbull - Holden show !
That's a bit harsh...

Crompo is an ex Holden man too!
Old 29 Apr 2021, 09:53 (Ref:4048409)   #2077
Alan52
Veteran

Australia
Glenmore Park
Alan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAlan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
Try listening to Mark Skaife on V8 Supercars The Redbull - Holden show !
Forget his bias he is totally incompetent as a commentator.Condescending with a total vocabulary of about 6 cliches.The worlds worst motor racing commentator by some margin.
Old 29 Apr 2021, 10:38 (Ref:4048418)   #2078
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
What will C4 do about Friday Qualifying?

As my title asks, I'm wondering if or how Channel 4 will alter their coverage later this season for the three Grand Prix that have qualifying on Friday, the sprint race on Saturday and the main race on Sunday, none of which they're allowed to show live (apart from the British GP). Ideally I would like to see highlights of the qualifying on Friday evening, delayed coverage of the sprint race later on Saturday and the GP highlights on Sunday evening. If (for example) they decided to combine the qualifying with the sprint race later on Saturday, I would have to cut myself off from The World for at least 24 hours so that I didn't find out what had happened and spoil my 'surprise'.
Does anyone have any information about this?
Old 29 Apr 2021, 11:33 (Ref:4048433)   #2079
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
No idea. One nuance to this is that the British GP maybe one of the three.
https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/a...pmE5xK4sK.html
Old 29 Apr 2021, 12:10 (Ref:4048443)   #2080
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
No idea. One nuance to this is that the British GP maybe one of the three.
https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/a...pmE5xK4sK.html
Yes, apparently the first GP to have a sprint race. (I decided to leave that added complication out of things in my last post as I couldn't remember if C4 can/do show British GP qualifying live).
Old 29 Apr 2021, 12:34 (Ref:4048447)   #2081
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
As my title asks, I'm wondering if or how Channel 4 will alter their coverage later this season for the three Grand Prix that have qualifying on Friday, the sprint race on Saturday and the main race on Sunday, none of which they're allowed to show live (apart from the British GP). Ideally I would like to see highlights of the qualifying on Friday evening, delayed coverage of the sprint race later on Saturday and the GP highlights on Sunday evening. If (for example) they decided to combine the qualifying with the sprint race later on Saturday, I would have to cut myself off from The World for at least 24 hours so that I didn't find out what had happened and spoil my 'surprise'.
Does anyone have any information about this?
Their publicised coverage details are not made that far in advance - so it is not certain what they will do yet.
For info - they have not revealed their coverage details for Monaco yet, so the altered schedules are a way off from a decision.

Their confirmed coverage as of today is:
Saturday 1 May
PORTUGUESE GRAND PRIX QUALIFYING HIGHLIGHTS at 6.30pm

Sunday 2 May
PORTUGUESE GRAND PRIX HIGHLIGHTS at 7.30pm

Saturday 8 May
SPANISH GRAND PRIX QUALIFYING HIGHLIGHTS at 6.30pm

Sunday 9 May
SPANISH GRAND PRIX HIGHLIGHTS at 6.30pm

UPCOMING COVERAGE
MONACO GRAND PRIX - May
Old 29 Apr 2021, 21:14 (Ref:4048557)   #2082
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
For anyone looking to follow the Grand prix on Sky's social media channels this weekend

Quote:
Sky Sports is supporting the boycott of social media by football and the wider sporting community this weekend.

Sky Sports will not post any sports content to its channels on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Snapchat and Tik Tok for the duration of the boycott period from 3pm on Friday April 30 until 11.59pm on Monday May 3.

Sky Sports stands with our football, cricket and other sport partners to urge social media companies to do more to eradicate online hate and ensure social media can be a place for sports fans to discuss, debate and consume the best sporting action without discrimination and abuse.

Sky's partnership with Kick It Out is based on fighting discrimination and championing inclusion, and our action this weekend demonstrates our clear and enduring commitment to the cause.

Sky Sports TV channels, website (skysports.com) and two apps (Sky Sports app and Sky Sports Scores app) will remain the go-to destinations for sports fans to keep up to date with all the action, scores and sporting news throughout this exciting weekend of sport.
So things like Ted's notebook programmes won't be available on YouTube
Old 30 Apr 2021, 08:07 (Ref:4048614)   #2083
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotsBrutesFan View Post
For anyone looking to follow the Grand prix on Sky's social media channels this weekend

So things like Ted's notebook programmes won't be available on YouTube
What a load of nonsense!

Sbf just wondering if are you are able to give your view?
Old 30 Apr 2021, 08:22 (Ref:4048618)   #2084
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
These multi national organisations need to be sorted and know it’s not going to have much effect but have to start somewhere.
After these are sorted can do Sky next!
Old 30 Apr 2021, 09:36 (Ref:4048626)   #2085
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
What a load of nonsense!

Sbf just wondering if are you are able to give your view?
I posted to inform those who might be looking for event updates from Skysports social media platforms, that there wouldn’t be any.

My own views, I think it’s a noble act, and as much as I’d like to think it will have an effect sadly I doubt it.

Social media is very much a double edged sword, it provides a platform where people can achieve great things, highlight injustices etc.
But it also provides a platform where a minority can become vocal. Where abuse, bullying, incitement’s to violence can be aired publicly and anonymously.

I have no answer, or solution.

Last edited by ScotsBrutesFan; 30 Apr 2021 at 09:43.
Old 1 May 2021, 03:23 (Ref:4048864)   #2086
2 litre Touring Car Star
Veteran

Australia
2 litre Touring Car Star User had had their licence endorsed2 litre Touring Car Star User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
The biggest stars in a sport tend to get the majority of coverage.

Hamilton is currently the biggest star in F1 by a country mile (he's a potential GOAT if you hadn't noticed ). He's in a close contest this season, and Sky is a British broadcaster - so it would be surprising if they didn't devote a lot of their coverage to Hamilton.
It's in the objectivity where your standing as a commentator comes from.

I'd put it to you that Sky make Hamilton bigger than F1?
Old 1 May 2021, 14:26 (Ref:4049014)   #2087
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Tried to listen to BBC radio 5 - only option - who are these childish commentators? “Hamilton does a mighty lap 1.5 seconds quicker than his team mate and only lost it because of track limits”. What a gem. And then start discussing Driver of the season.... two races in! Honestly is this the best the BBC have?
Old 1 May 2021, 15:18 (Ref:4049027)   #2088
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I actually enjoy their commentary. Bit of light hearted fun, while being informative. And everyone loved Palmer’s criticism of Mazepin in Bahrain quali
Old 1 May 2021, 16:40 (Ref:4049043)   #2089
hoffman66
Racer

hoffman66 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Have to say this weekend, F1 will totally pass me by, such a shame, but it is without doubt the most inferior form of top level motorsport around right now
Old 2 May 2021, 01:49 (Ref:4049120)   #2090
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffman66 View Post
Have to say this weekend, F1 will totally pass me by, such a shame, but it is without doubt the most inferior form of top level motorsport around right now

Thank you for the effort of jumping online to tell a bunch of people on a Formula One forum that Formula One is inferior.
Old 2 May 2021, 20:54 (Ref:4049281)   #2091
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm sorely missing Ben Edwards.
Old 2 May 2021, 22:39 (Ref:4049304)   #2092
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by justracing View Post
I'm sorely missing Ben Edwards.
You can say that again.
Old 3 May 2021, 09:09 (Ref:4049348)   #2093
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Although I like Alex Jacques, it does feel weird without Ben. He was without equal in commentating since Murray retired. But I'm sure I'll get used to it as the season goes on
Old 3 May 2021, 21:47 (Ref:4049509)   #2094
EastonNeston
Veteran

EastonNeston should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sky F1 surely hit a new low on Saturday. Switched to Sky F1 for Indycar qualifying, that had been cancelled, instead viewers had to suffer Kravitz talking excrement about avian excrement on a parked car.
Subscribers are paying for prefessional coverage and analysis, not for verbal diarrhea.
Old 4 May 2021, 12:15 (Ref:4049600)   #2095
2 litre Touring Car Star
Veteran

Australia
2 litre Touring Car Star User had had their licence endorsed2 litre Touring Car Star User had had their licence endorsed
Sky going on about the dire state of Hamilton's tyres, but no speculation on how bad Bottas is suffering?

Typically his are worse.
Old 4 May 2021, 14:24 (Ref:4049630)   #2096
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
According to David Coulthard on the other channel, a driver in dirty air may have to work his tyres harder to run at a similar pace to the car in front. I dont have Sky, but I assume this may be what the Sky lot were referring to, as Hamilton spent a lot of the early part of the race running very close to Verstappen and then Bottas.
Old 4 May 2021, 18:10 (Ref:4049690)   #2097
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastonNeston View Post
Sky F1 surely hit a new low on Saturday. Switched to Sky F1 for Indycar qualifying, that had been cancelled, instead viewers had to suffer Kravitz talking excrement about avian excrement on a parked car.
Subscribers are paying for prefessional coverage and analysis, not for verbal diarrhea.
Could be worse, you could have been tuned in to BBC radio 5 live.....
Old 4 May 2021, 18:16 (Ref:4049693)   #2098
EastonNeston
Veteran

EastonNeston should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No, they didn't have Kravitz :-)
Old 4 May 2021, 18:50 (Ref:4049700)   #2099
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 litre Touring Car Star View Post
Sky going on about the dire state of Hamilton's tyres, but no speculation on how bad Bottas is suffering?

Typically his are worse.
Hamilton moaned about his tyres over the radio on the coverage. Bottas didn’t.

And one reason they talked about it was that the sky team also went on to laugh about how Hamilton might be wrong about that because his lap times were very good. I believe he set the fastest lap not long after he moaned about the tyres being “pretty shot”! Bottas didn’t.

To be fair when Hamilton overtook Bottas they talked about both drivers then. There were other times they couldn’t resist talking about Hamilton, like when he overtook Verstappen. Although they did talk about Bottas when he was overtaken by Verstappen. But by the time we got to the end of the race they seemed to only concentrate on Hamilton...
Old 5 May 2021, 05:30 (Ref:4049752)   #2100
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastonNeston View Post
No, they didn't have Kravitz :-)
It seems to be a qualification for Sky non ex driver staff - very pleased with themselves -

Tags
pinks