Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Overdrive BTCC Diecast Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Armchair Enthusiast

Old 15 Feb 2007, 17:45 (Ref:1842360)   #126
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
How is the model coming along, Peter?

Just spotted this rather nice VLR M3 on eBay, if anyone's interested?

Also found this ludicrously priced Mondeo which is one of the gaps in my collection. Quite apart from the fact I am totally skint at the moment, I don't think I could bring myself to pay that amount of money for it!
Old 15 Feb 2007, 18:06 (Ref:1842380)   #127
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
I was searching for something on this forum and discovered that there were a couple of previous BTCC model threads, so I have mergerd them with my recently started thread. Apologies if some posts overlap or appear to be out of sequence but I thought it a good idea that they were merged. It certainly does go to show there is the interest there. Maybe some of the posters in the older threads might like to post an update on how their collection is getting on?

Last edited by Craig; 15 Feb 2007 at 18:12.
Old 15 Feb 2007, 18:12 (Ref:1842391)   #128
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig
some posts may overlap and appear to be out of sequence.
No kidding, I was total confused.

Not sure about the Mondeo but the M3 is very nice. Hmm.. Brock Volvo.. Hoy BMW.. this could be the start of a themed collection (sadly).

Same seller has a set of decals if you can find a blank model - http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=230091924578
Old 15 Feb 2007, 18:46 (Ref:1842428)   #129
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Hoy's BMW is already on my watch list. Burt's Mondeo is dear but I think I've only ever seen one on ebay before.
Old 15 Feb 2007, 18:55 (Ref:1842439)   #130
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
I know what you mean, redshoes, so I've done some 'housework' to tidy the thread up a bit. I've moved posts that didn't really fit with the 'flow' of the new thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Darkness
i would liked to of had a Rapid Fit Mondeo. i think another company should start making the models again of the new cars. i certainly would like to see the new cars as models.

Like that? I've not seen this in person but I'm told the quality is pretty good. Not sure about the price, though, 209 Euros for a fully assembled version! This is the site you want, scroll down the page, and look for the photos. If anyone is feeling 'handy' there is also a kit version for 69 Euros.
Old 15 Feb 2007, 19:16 (Ref:1842459)   #131
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Looks like a road model with that ludicrous sized wing bolted on. Which they weren't back then!
Old 15 Feb 2007, 19:31 (Ref:1842472)   #132
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Nice, but the wing is very wrong
Old 16 Feb 2007, 15:38 (Ref:1843219)   #133
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Yes, it really is a shame about that. It's a good looking car other than that. Though it's a little beyond my price range!! I'd think several times about paying that for a rare 1:18!
Old 16 Feb 2007, 19:06 (Ref:1843358)   #134
PDS
Veteran

England
Medway Towns
PDS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
How is the model coming along, Peter?
Must admit, not done much on the Integra lately. Just finished tidying this one up!

Old 17 Feb 2007, 20:16 (Ref:1843927)   #135
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Is that the Baymo kit, Peter?
Old 17 Feb 2007, 21:55 (Ref:1843989)   #136
PDS
Veteran

England
Medway Towns
Converted minichamp with wheels I have specially made!
Old 18 Feb 2007, 13:41 (Ref:1844335)   #137
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Nice work! Where did you get the decals? Were they pre-made or did you somehow make them yourself?

And well done on the attention to detail in getting special wheels made!!

Would be very interested to see a list of the models in your collection, Peter, as well as a few photos of those you have made/converted!

Quote:
Originally Posted by touringlegend
Burt's Mondeo is dear but I think I've only ever seen one on ebay before
Well the auction has ended at £48. Well done to daz90 who saw sense and let someone else win it!!

Last edited by Craig; 18 Feb 2007 at 13:47.
Old 18 Feb 2007, 17:15 (Ref:1844452)   #138
PDS
Veteran

England
Medway Towns
I've got over 200 models in my collection! Do you want me to list them here Craig?
Old 18 Feb 2007, 17:24 (Ref:1844460)   #139
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Christ! No, best not in that case!
Old 19 Feb 2007, 00:14 (Ref:1845094)   #140
PDS
Veteran

England
Medway Towns
Quote:
Nice work! Where did you get the decals? Were they pre-made or did you somehow make them yourself?

And well done on the attention to detail in getting special wheels made!!
Most of the conversions I have done have been using available decals.

My most unusual conversion is a 1995 Renault Laguna of Alain Menu when he raced in the Italian Touring car meeting at Vallelunga.
Plus a couple of VAUXHALL Calibra's, again from 1995 when the DTM came to Donington. They re-badged the Opels!

The wheels I have had done are these 5 spoke that I have fitted to the two VLM BMW conversions.
Old 20 Feb 2007, 21:04 (Ref:1846749)   #141
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Fantastic looking cars, the wheels really do add to it!

It's unlikely I'll have the time or ability to do the conversion myself but, for anyone who wants to try, any chance you might share details of where you got the wheels?
Old 21 Feb 2007, 00:09 (Ref:1846876)   #142
PDS
Veteran

England
Medway Towns
As I said, I had them specially made, in resin one peice, wheel and tyre.
I had about 20 sets made. A model maker friend of mine.
Trying to get some more made for the Honda Integra's and Astra Coupe's I have lined-up to convert!
Old 2 Jun 2007, 21:45 (Ref:1927107)   #143
daz90
Racer

England
England
daz90 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Well the auction has ended at £48. Well done to daz90 who saw sense and let someone else win it!!

Yeah, but i still want that model badly, maybe not at that price though

Just been trawling through this whole thread, including all the merged threads and my very first original BTCC model list i put up on this forum, it was a few years ago now, and since then my BTCC model collection has grown somewhat larger.

I still have one or two that i feel the need to own, most notably the 1994 Alfa Romeo 155 driven by Tarquini, a few have come up for auction on eBay in recent weeks, i have wathced them all, even bid on a few, but i had set myself a reasonable limit to what i would pay, and was outdone each time. I have the Simoni Alfa, but the Tarquini car would pretty much cap my list of cars still to collect. I would like a few of the kits that were produced too, but i wouldn't have the skill to build them myself.

As for my current list of models, i feel it may be too long a list to post here, but if anyone is interested i will pop it in a pm if anyone is interested.

I tend to use an identical BTCC model thread on a similar forum to this, but for some reason i cant get that forum to load up, it must be down.

I even recognise a few names from this thread, a special hello to PDS, who has helped me many times with my own decal and model issues. I bet i have even come up against many of you on eBay, we have probably even outdone each other many times

ps, i use this site as a basic guide to actual BTCC model releases http://www.angelfire.com/nb/dtcw/listings43/btcc/

It adds a few cars that Craig might have missed in his list, but also it does miss a few too, ie the 1994 racing replicas, John Cleland, Cavalier. You can also find various championship model lists there.

Last edited by daz90; 2 Jun 2007 at 21:49.
Old 2 Jun 2007, 22:34 (Ref:1927138)   #144
daz90
Racer

England
England
Oh, i have both versions of the Volvo 850 estate from 1994, a Minichamps, Lammers version, and the motoart Rydell version, the Minichamps version is far superior to the motoart version, the decalls are of a better standard, as is the model generally, the minichamps reresents the actual car that raced in 94, while the motoart model somehow looks a bit 'stumpy', its as though they have scrounged on a couple of milimitres off the front end and roofline. That said its not completly rubbish, but dont pay more than a tenner for one if you do end up buying one. The Minichamps version will always fetch alot of money on eBay, often more than £50, while the motoart model can also sometimes fetch 20 quid, but you can usually buy it now for less than that.
Old 3 Jun 2007, 13:16 (Ref:1927530)   #145
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Wow, I'd forgotten about this thread. Thanks for reviving it, Daz. It's been ages since I bought a BTCC model, in fact I've only bought one since Christmas.

I still need the following so, if anyone can help, let me know!

1996 BMW - Winkelhock
1995 Ford - Radisich
1995 Ford - Burt
1994 Volvo - Lammers
1994 Ford - Burt

I just looked on eBay and was shocked to discover there are only 6 current auctions under the search terms that I use. There used to be two or three pages One of those is worth checking out: 1/43 BBR 1994 Janspeed Nissan Primera

Thanks for the link to that site, Daz, can't see any models there that aren't on my list though? Perhaps you could let me know what they are so that I can add them? Also, not sure I've heard of that 1994 Chavalier before?
Old 3 Jun 2007, 15:16 (Ref:1927649)   #146
daz90
Racer

England
England
There is definatly a racing replicas, John Cleland Cavalier, i am lucky enough to own it myself.

There was also a two other 1993 Ecurie ecosse variants to the David Leslie car, a Harry Nuttal car, and if your lucky a dealer (?) issue with both drivers named on the car, Leslie and Nuttal.

eBay can sometimes seem very slow with the amount of BTCC cars listed, like you say just recently its been very slow, its just a matter of time before things pick up again though.

I have seen that Primera, i would love to buy it, but its now at too much money for me.
Old 3 Jun 2007, 15:41 (Ref:1927666)   #147
daz90
Racer

England
England
The 1994 Renault Laguna had the advantage of two different variants for each driver too. An early 94 Laguna, without front splitter and rear boot spoiler, and a late variant, that comes with a boot spoiler and small front splitter, you must remember the big fuss made when Alfa Romeo turned up with a rear spoiler and front air ducts in the BTCC that year, Renault, BMW and Vauxhall kicked off to the governing body and for a short while Alfa had points deducted for an 'unfair advantage' the rules changed however, and both Renault and BMW added spoilers and splitters, you can see these in the BMW models from 1994, and especially with the two different vairants of the Laguna.

Also, the 1993 Ecurie Ecosse Cavalier from Racing Replicas, came with the Harry Nuttal name and number as well as a very rare dealer edition with both Leslie and Nuttal names on the model.

The 1995 BMW Goldeneye also featured both drivers, both are extremly rare, but i have only ever seen the David Brabham car in Kit form, rather than the official dealer edition Minichamps model.

Herpa also made a range of 1/87 scale BMW's from the BTCC.

1992 Team Dynamics, BMW M3 Coupe, Alex Portman.
1993 Vic Lee Racing, BMW 318i Coupe, Tim Harvey.
1996 Scnitzer (sp?), BMW 320i, Winkelehock and Ravaglia.

Apart from that i think Craigs list is very much the same as that diecast world link i put up.

I have heard rumours that Trofue might well reproduce the Andy Rouse and Rob Gravet Sierra Cosworths, i hope so, i would to add them both to my collection.
Old 3 Jun 2007, 17:53 (Ref:1927771)   #148
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
Grand Prix Legends had it in their catologue recently. Have a look on their website, enter code TR117 in the search box. Albeit still a "due" model so no guarantees.

Last edited by touringlegend; 3 Jun 2007 at 17:56.
Old 6 Jun 2007, 11:22 (Ref:1930135)   #149
PDS
Veteran

England
Medway Towns
It's also listed here at Trax models.
http://www.trax-models.co.uk/Trax/Pages/futuretour.html
Old 23 Jun 2007, 12:36 (Ref:1944886)   #150
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Quote:
Originally Posted by daz90
There is definatly a racing replicas, John Cleland Cavalier, i am lucky enough to own it myself.
I never doubted you! Also on eBay currently is the 93 Cavalier if anyone's interested...