Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 29 Apr 2024, 05:23 (Ref:4206940)   #1
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Erebus For Sale Murmurs?

Story Here

Quote:
Rumours emerge of potential Erebus sale
Rumours that Erebus Motorsport is on the market are gaining momentum among Supercars paddock insiders.

Andrew van Leeuwen 29 April 2024

There is speculation that the Erebus Supercars team is on the market.

Sources have indicated that majority owner Betty Klimenko is open to selling the team, something that could happen before the end of the current season.

Some have even suggested that negotiations are underway and a deal could be imminent, however that is yet to be consistently verified by Speedcafe.

Erebus team management denied that a sale is imminent when asked by Speedcafe, while opting not to comment on anything else related to a long or short term sale.

A willingness from Klimenko to sell the team is thought to be a byproduct of an eventful past 18 months for the squad.

One one hand, a significant box was ticked when Erebus burst out of the Gen3 blocks and secured both the drivers' and teams' championships in 2023, the two triumphs now sitting alongside the famous 2017 Bathurst 1000 win.

However the success was followed by a difficult start to this year when lead driver, and reigning champion, Brodie Kostecki effectively walked away from the team ahead of the new season.

A number of major backers left the team as well, including co-naming rights sponsors Coca-Cola and Shaw and Partners, while managing director Shannen Kiely was another high profile departure.

Kostecki has since returned to the team, but, according to sources, the turbulence is another contributing factor to Klimenko potentially wanting out.

Klimenko has owned the team since she bought out the Stone Brothers at the end of 2012.
Story reproduced for educational purposes.. and the fear it might somehow mysteriously disappear…
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 29 Apr 2024, 05:29 (Ref:4206941)   #2
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Old 29 Apr 2024, 05:52 (Ref:4206942)   #3
Speedwagon
Rookie

Speedwagon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
is this why Garry Rogers sold his stake in the series?
Old 29 Apr 2024, 08:48 (Ref:4206957)   #4
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Will JMC Groip show up on the cars as a team sponsor soon?
Old 29 Apr 2024, 12:13 (Ref:4206968)   #5
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Betty's problem is that she's trying to sell her majority stake and the minority owner is Barry.
Old 29 Apr 2024, 12:29 (Ref:4206969)   #6
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Perth WA (south of the river)
Sandgroper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I guess over the political bullship and threw the toys out of the cot.

Sad but Bettys life seems very different now on the farm compared to the track.
Old 29 Apr 2024, 21:58 (Ref:4207033)   #7
Kingair
Veteran

Kingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Must be a budding future RD out there, who will come in gives us another T888 and JW?
Old 29 Apr 2024, 23:38 (Ref:4207041)   #8
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingair View Post
Must be a budding future RD out there, who will come in gives us another T888 and JW?
Visa Cash App Red Bull - Melbourne Division
Old 30 Apr 2024, 14:01 (Ref:4207098)   #9
Speedwagon
Rookie

Speedwagon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Egglestons ?
Old 30 Apr 2024, 16:15 (Ref:4207115)   #10
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedwagon View Post
Egglestons ?
More plausible than the ‘natural’ boosted fit..
Old 1 May 2024, 08:57 (Ref:4207173)   #11
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Id Mr Dumbrell A Fresh Player?
Old 1 May 2024, 10:27 (Ref:4207189)   #12
dirtymacca
Racer

dirtymacca should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Why? They already have the infrustrucrture, what... if some one purchsed the Betty and Barry train wreck would they be getting? The goodwill has gone. Sponsors have jumped ship and the staff are surely looking for other opportunities.

It is a fire sale at best.
Old 1 May 2024, 20:42 (Ref:4207220)   #13
v8supes
Veteran

v8supes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Lets hope so, look how they have treated people. Dragged peoples names through the mud. Tried to destroy peoples careers and all for what? To sell it at half its value 6 months later?
Old 2 May 2024, 05:02 (Ref:4207244)   #14
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtymacca View Post
Why? They already have the infrustrucrture, what... if some one purchsed the Betty and Barry train wreck would they be getting? The goodwill has gone. Sponsors have jumped ship and the staff are surely looking for other opportunities.

It is a fire sale at best.
When Mr Adderton was interviewed late last year about having had an opportunity to buy into DJR, he made mention that that opportunity had baked into the price the existing sponsorship agreement and income from Shell, rendering it uncompetitive price-wise.

In the same vein, a dearth of commercial sponsors would likely lower the price.
Erebus is a big unique in owning its shed, which may or may not come along with the sale.

Or indeed the buy could be to take the 2 licences and a new player can start from scratch in a different location. Say a team someone once owned could supply chassis… the rest is just paperwork.. to participate as opposed to compete.

If the premise of this thread is possible, perhaps the team missed the boat.. to do this at the end of last season could have kept the Erebus museum nicely stocked without the need to build new cars, and for Brodie-gate to actualise.
Old 2 May 2024, 08:03 (Ref:4207256)   #15
Kingair
Veteran

Kingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well our resident supercar guru, businessman can pullout the folding green staff and buy Erebus.

The green flag drops, the bull pooh stops!

So Mr Adderton do you want to play?

I think Mr Dumbrell has dodged one bullet with Bapcor, and doesn’t need Erebus in his life.
Old 7 May 2024, 02:58 (Ref:4207705)   #16
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Prospective Owner Emerges

Curious though.. a ~$10m buy plus a hungry ~$10m a year operating cost (given the dearth of full ride paying brands on the 2 cars) is a big chunk to take on.

Probably less expensive than converting Valo to Vailo…
Old 7 May 2024, 04:18 (Ref:4207706)   #17
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
More Here
Old 7 May 2024, 06:25 (Ref:4207711)   #18
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
A Consortium?

Camel Racing? A horse designed by committee…
Old 7 May 2024, 08:20 (Ref:4207715)   #19
Kingair
Veteran

I still reckon Adrian Newey will buy it, seems to looking for a new challenge?
Old 9 May 2024, 15:31 (Ref:4207912)   #20
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Curious though.. a ~$10m buy plus a hungry ~$10m a year operating cost (given the dearth of full ride paying brands on the 2 cars) is a big chunk to take on.
I wonder why Peter Adderton doesn't buy the team? A ready made championship wining "Boost Mobile Racing Team" sounds perfect!

Surely there isn't a silly unprofessional Adderton v Klimenko "spat"?

Quote:
https://i.ibb.co/LgCt2N1/IMG-6576.jpg
If true, this is grossly unprofessional by Klimenko. The buyer will, surely, be looking to also secure the Ryan stake and remove Ryan from the race team?

Could Jamie Whincup look to purchase the two RECs (or whatever they are called now) and field two more cars from Banyo?
Old Yesterday, 04:48 (Ref:4207946)   #21
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Old Yesterday, 14:05 (Ref:4208002)   #22
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Fireworks View Post
I wonder why Peter Adderton doesn't buy the team? A ready made championship wining "Boost Mobile Racing Team" sounds perfect!
He does not now and never has had any intentions of owning a team.

Even the Gen3 car he "owned" was a sham.

He just makes a lot of noise but will never put his money down, and long may that continue.