Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 14 May 2012, 07:40 (Ref:3074152)   #176
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSpeed View Post
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/18053650

Maldonado is just taking the **** now...surely
I had to laugh at the way that was put...

But, in fairness, I suppose he's got a point?! (or two!)

Selby
Old 14 May 2012, 08:03 (Ref:3074167)   #177
safc_fan89
Veteran

safc_fan89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridsafc_fan89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
[Mod]I don't usually publicly comment on a poster's attitude but in your case I am making an exception. It is apparent from your posts that you dislike Maldonado. You may not be alone but if you have nothing constructive to write then please try to avoid being inflammatory.[/Mod]

With the points scoring available these days, 39 points off the leader board could be turned around in two races. Unlikely but not impossible. So why shouldn't he display some ambition?
There's nothing wrong with showing a bit of ambition, but considering he only had something like 4 points before this race, it does sound like he is getting a bit ahead of himself.

He always goes well at Monaco so maybe if he backs it up with a good performance there...one race does not turn someone into a championship contender. Usually.
Old 14 May 2012, 08:06 (Ref:3074169)   #178
safc_fan89
Veteran

safc_fan89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridsafc_fan89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer View Post
Schumacher won't be happy with this. Five-place grid penalty: http://www.formula1.com/news/headlin...2/5/13349.html He may have been right about Senna changing position in the braking zone, but the reason he hit him was less to do with that and more to do with misjudging his own car positioning and/or braking.
I don't think Senna was moving his car about to try and block Schumacher. If Schumacher expects a penalty to be given out for that, then we'd see 20 penalties per race.

It was Schumacher's fault 100%. He's been involved in far too many collisions since he returned to the sport, and a lot of them are more his fault than his opponent's.
Old 14 May 2012, 12:51 (Ref:3074333)   #179
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSpeed View Post
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/18053650

Maldonado is just taking the **** now...surely
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECW Dan Selby View Post
I had to laugh at the way that was put...

But, in fairness, I suppose he's got a point?! (or two!)

Selby
Quote:
Originally Posted by safc_fan89 View Post
There's nothing wrong with showing a bit of ambition, but considering he only had something like 4 points before this race, it does sound like he is getting a bit ahead of himself.

He always goes well at Monaco so maybe if he backs it up with a good performance there...one race does not turn someone into a championship contender. Usually.
Actually drivers are payed (or pay) for that, so he's in his own right to have this ambition.
Old 14 May 2012, 12:52 (Ref:3074335)   #180
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
Definitely. It's just kind of funny that normally it'd be a completely ludicrous statement, but given this season, it's suddenly not so strange, is it?

Selby
Old 14 May 2012, 15:10 (Ref:3074399)   #181
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECW Dan Selby View Post
Definitely. It's just kind of funny that normally it'd be a completely ludicrous statement, but given this season, it's suddenly not so strange, is it?

Selby
Hopefully not ! It will be most interesting to have 6 or 8 drivers challenging the WDC up until the last rounds.
Old 14 May 2012, 15:25 (Ref:3074408)   #182
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
If SFW says that that Maldonado is the real deal deal, then I believe that there is something in what someone like SFW says. If that driver also happens to bring along a heap of cash, then so much the better, IMO.
Old 14 May 2012, 17:55 (Ref:3074468)   #183
Osella
Veteran

Osella should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bononi View Post
Yeah !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
+1!
Old 15 May 2012, 20:14 (Ref:3074985)   #184
werner
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam, the Netherlands
werner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridwerner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by safc_fan89 View Post
He always goes well at Monaco
I know someone who disagrees about that.
Old 15 May 2012, 22:27 (Ref:3075057)   #185
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by werner View Post
I know someone who disagrees about that.
can't really disagree with the form he's showed in the last few reasons around there, unless they are a marshall or race official from when he was in the Formula Renault 3.5 series....
Old 18 May 2012, 12:27 (Ref:3076084)   #186
werner
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam, the Netherlands
werner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridwerner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Lewis Hamilton...
Old 18 May 2012, 16:51 (Ref:3076180)   #187
beau1
Veteran

Wales
Swansea,Wales
beau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbeau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbeau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by werner View Post
Lewis Hamilton...
Oh, that guy who drove him off the road and into the barriers you mean...
Old 21 May 2012, 23:43 (Ref:3077548)   #188
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
So whilst I am not against the penalty applied to McLaren and Hamilton, why is it that the rule allows such a penalty for qualifying but not for the race? I have seen it mentioned (I think on Sky) that it's because it's more difficult for teams to predict how much fuel they need to last the race. Is there a particular punishment specified in the regulations?

It's odd that by comparison Karthikeyan was allowed in the race having failed to qualify. I know he'd had car problems in the weekend prior to that and there is a special dispensation rule, but they apply it so often, it renders the 107% thing a bit pointless.