Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 26 Jul 2015, 12:18 (Ref:3561228)   #26
Mystery
Veteran

Jersey
Jersey
Mystery should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMystery should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Some particularly un-classy moaning by Hamilton there. He's entitled to his opinion (although I think he's wrong too) but what does he want the team to do. Protest itself??
Old 26 Jul 2015, 12:35 (Ref:3561230)   #27
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I don't see why Massa got a 5 second penalty. He didn't jump the start and gained no advantage as the start was waived off.
Old 26 Jul 2015, 12:35 (Ref:3561231)   #28
Iceman13
Racer

Finland
Vantaa, Finland
Iceman13 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Kimi's car seems to be shedding extra weight by itself all weekend long.
Old 26 Jul 2015, 13:23 (Ref:3561241)   #29
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
A fair bit of off roading with that restart.
Old 26 Jul 2015, 13:24 (Ref:3561242)   #30
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystery View Post
Some particularly un-classy moaning by Hamilton there. He's entitled to his opinion (although I think he's wrong too) but what does he want the team to do. Protest itself??
Reckon he broke his car just then running DR off the road?
Old 26 Jul 2015, 13:26 (Ref:3561243)   #31
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
This free pass rule has turned a good race into a farce. Feel sorry for Hamilton and Raikkonen, they should have had a few cars behind them before Rosberg and Ricciardo. Good drivers get past backmarkers
Old 26 Jul 2015, 13:45 (Ref:3561252)   #32
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
It's all happening.
Old 26 Jul 2015, 13:50 (Ref:3561253)   #33
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Rosberg's puncture is justice for the way race turned out.
Old 26 Jul 2015, 13:53 (Ref:3561254)   #34
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Congrats to Vettel and Ferrari, shame they couldn't make it a 1, 2.
Old 26 Jul 2015, 13:53 (Ref:3561255)   #35
S griffin
Veteran

That's one thing that you couldn't change Vettel winning
Old 26 Jul 2015, 14:01 (Ref:3561270)   #36
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
What a weekend for McLaren!
Old 26 Jul 2015, 14:05 (Ref:3561273)   #37
canamman
Veteran

United States
canamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Short of a last lap pass , that race had it all !
Awesome, awesome race. I have said it before,
but I am good if I can get 1 of those types of races
with every 3 bricks that F1 lays. Open wheel
racing at its finest. So close for the 17 year older
Max V.
Old 26 Jul 2015, 14:05 (Ref:3561274)   #38
Clive
Veteran

England
Westcott
Clive should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridClive should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A very eventful race
Old 26 Jul 2015, 14:13 (Ref:3561280)   #39
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clive View Post
A very eventful race
Certainly unpredictable. Made a welcome change.
Old 26 Jul 2015, 14:23 (Ref:3561287)   #40
belt driven
Racer

United States
NE exurban ATL
belt driven has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Kudos to Ferrari and Red Bull. 1st time in 23 races with no MB on the podium. (Why does Hambone look like a rookie so often when he's not out front?)
Old 26 Jul 2015, 15:33 (Ref:3561318)   #41
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
another great race from this track. has a bit of a 88 Italian GP vibe to it...someone connected to Ferrari passing away and Ferrari coming back with a surprise win during a season where another team dominated.

a stretch i know but it does have that special day kind of feel to it imo.
Old 26 Jul 2015, 16:21 (Ref:3561326)   #42
djinvicta
Veteran

Wales
Mojacar Southern Spain
djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!
I just "pass over" all the negative posts from people the day before a race. Go back on here 2 pages, "its the usual Merc stuff". "Hamilton this Hamilton that" Just treat every race as a new one. Things progress, cars evolve, engines evolve, Teams dominate, but during a race, it can all change.
Its sad to see all the negative stuff on here.
Just don't watch it; you obviously do, else you wouldn't post. Go join the drifting page and winge/sleep there.
It was a cracking GP. Loved it. Great to see Red Bull back and the Mercs getting a hiding, all really because there were no long long straights, just a go kart track. BE, learn from this.
Old 26 Jul 2015, 16:30 (Ref:3561334)   #43
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I found it an intriguing race before the safety car opened up a new set of circumstances, both in terms of on-track passes and strategy (could Mercedes take it to Ferrari?).

In the end, Ferrari did well to hang on with Sebastian.

Hamilton, as he has many a time and as he can be enjoyed for, again provided that on-the-limit mix of speed, some mistakes and taking the battle to the others. His race went down, up, down and then up again, quite error strewn, with possibly 2 on the opening lap and then the incident with Ricciardo and the poor restart which led to it. Why was he so far behind his team-mate on the restart?

I had thought that Hamilton and Massa was fairly good and at the limit, the same with him and Seb on the start. Maldonado showed how not to do a similar Turn 1 battle. He even managed to get a penalty for overtaking under the safety car conditions.

I do not really understand Rosberg's race. Why was he not challenging the Ferraris, at least Kimi's?

Glad to see not too much came of Hulkenberg's front wing collapse.

Daniel Ricciardo was on form at this circuit again - he looked so strong on the brakes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
another great race from this track. has a bit of a 88 Italian GP vibe to it...someone connected to Ferrari passing away and Ferrari coming back with a surprise win during a season where another team dominated.

a stretch i know but it does have that special day kind of feel to it imo.
I know what you mean about that feel.
Old 26 Jul 2015, 17:13 (Ref:3561344)   #44
JamesH
Veteran

United Kingdom
Christchurch, Cambs, UK
JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
This free pass rule has turned a good race into a farce. Feel sorry for Hamilton and Raikkonen, they should have had a few cars behind them before Rosberg and Ricciardo. Good drivers get past backmarkers
I think you have a basic misunderstanding of how aerodynamics work. Good drivers cannot get past slightly slower drivers (I don't think you mean backmarkers) because of the aero issue. That is why they needed to introduce DRS. No DRS in this race? Mightily boring race with little or no overtaking.
Locost #54 Boldly Leaping where no car has gone before. And then being T-boned. Damn.
Survivor of the 2008 2CV 24h!! 2 engines, one accident, 76mph and rain.
Old 26 Jul 2015, 17:15 (Ref:3561345)   #45
JamesH
Veteran

United Kingdom
Christchurch, Cambs, UK
JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystery View Post
Always make me laugh when people say this sort of thing. These guys are hammering round a track at 200mph, inches from each other, pumped up on adrenalin. I surprised they stay as calm as they do, and the occasional moan is absolutely to be expected.
Locost #54 Boldly Leaping where no car has gone before. And then being T-boned. Damn.
Survivor of the 2008 2CV 24h!! 2 engines, one accident, 76mph and rain.
Old 26 Jul 2015, 18:19 (Ref:3561358)   #46
Mystery
Veteran

Jersey
Jersey
Mystery should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMystery should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesH View Post
Always make me laugh when people say this sort of thing.
Glad to be of service.

I think he struggled to admit his mistake and actually I was impressed at seeing some contrition later on.

Race control seemed all over the shop today - excellent and inexplicable in equal measure. Great to see an unsafe release penalty finally - teams have got away with too much too long there. Yet I was moaning about Kyvat overtaking on the green stuff about half an hour before they called it. And there seemed to be a fair few identification errors too.

But still an excellent race. My only real negative was Kimi not getting the finish he deserved.
Old 26 Jul 2015, 18:20 (Ref:3561359)   #47
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Why do you call that justice? Is it Rosbergs fault the race was crazy?
Old 26 Jul 2015, 18:39 (Ref:3561366)   #48
beau1
Veteran

Wales
Swansea,Wales
beau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbeau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbeau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
What? Why?

Each of Hamilton's problems were of his own doing, whereas Rosberg's puncture was the definition of a racing incident.

You are suggesting that the race favoured Rosberg and therefore Rosberg deserved punishment despite doing nothing wrong?
Old 26 Jul 2015, 19:25 (Ref:3561375)   #49
Chuliandred
Rookie

Chuliandred should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gert View Post
Why do you call that justice? Is it Rosbergs fault the race was crazy?
The only mistake of Rosberg was not to chose the option tires for the last stint. The rest and maybe the championship was destroyed by the harakiri posterboy. When there are so many penalties I cant udnerstand why he was not penalized. The worst thing is that he calls his divebomb "clean" until the moment he cuts Rosbergs tire #justmaldonadothings oh wait that wasn't him this time...
Old 26 Jul 2015, 19:51 (Ref:3561380)   #50
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
steve nielsen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
some people where very happy :-)