Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 27 Feb 2017, 00:04 (Ref:3714951)   #1176
Bcarr6
Veteran

Bcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
LMP Motorsports are importing 3 Norma LMP3s to the US for IMSA USA. Looking to sell to customers I assume
Old 27 Feb 2017, 06:14 (Ref:3714991)   #1177
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcarr6 View Post
LMP Motorsports are importing 3 Norma LMP3s to the US for IMSA USA. Looking to sell to customers I assume
I don't get it. If there is an American product why import? After all Greg Murphy was quoted as saying it was fast
Old 27 Feb 2017, 09:21 (Ref:3715022)   #1178
Bcarr6
Veteran

Bcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
I don't get it. If there is an American product why import? After all Greg Murphy was quoted as saying it was fast

Norma is French?

You are thinking of the Ave Riley
Old 27 Feb 2017, 09:58 (Ref:3715037)   #1179
FormulaFox
Veteran

United States
Ohio
FormulaFox is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
Quote:
Norma is French?

You are thinking of the Ave Riley
I think he meant why are people importing LMP3s when there's an American option in said Ave-Riley AR-2.

The answer I would give is that the delays in homologating the car may have left many prospective buyers wary of the project.
Old 27 Feb 2017, 10:11 (Ref:3715041)   #1180
Bcarr6
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormulaFox View Post
I think he meant why are people importing LMP3s when there's an American option in said Ave-Riley AR-2.

The answer I would give is that the delays in homologating the car may have left many prospective buyers wary of the project.

Ah I misread

The Riley project surely hasn't filled anyone with confidence so far...
Old 27 Feb 2017, 16:13 (Ref:3715137)   #1181
MoMedic9019
Veteran

United States
Wauwatosa, WI
MoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Ah I misread

The Riley project surely hasn't filled anyone with confidence so far...
Because they took their time homologating it to ensure it was the best product they can put out? There is a difference between problems, and making sure the car is a saleable product.

LMP3 isn't going anywhere for a long time, they will sell cars.
“We’re trying to close the doors without embarrassing ourselves, the France family and embarrassing (the) Grand American Series,” he said in the deposition. “There is no money. There is no purse. There’s nothing.”
Old 27 Feb 2017, 16:24 (Ref:3715140)   #1182
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I have followed this thread with curiosity and in particular the story of the Riley effort. It seems there are two predominant opinion voiced in this thread... 1. The design has issues. 2. They will homologate when they are ready. People tend to treat those as if they are in opposition of each other.

To me it's obvious that both viewpoints are likely correct. The question is to where on the scale of "deeply flawed" to "just needs some polish" does the car fit? I expect only a few know the real answer. I do feel that it's hard to argue that delays are not eroding confidence and sales opportunities. But regardless all that is needed to erase doubt is to release a good car. I hope it works out for the Ave Riley AR-2.

Richard
Old 27 Feb 2017, 20:09 (Ref:3715191)   #1183
FormulaFox
Veteran

United States
Ohio
FormulaFox is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoMedic9019 View Post
Because they took their time homologating it to ensure it was the best product they can put out? There is a difference between problems, and making sure the car is a saleable product.
I still don't buy that excuse. The lack of any significant interest in the Riley indicates to me all the more that people in the know have little confidence in it's ability to perform.
Old 28 Feb 2017, 12:37 (Ref:3715302)   #1184
fausto
Veteran

Wales
fausto should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Give Mr. Trump a little more time and US LMP3 potential customers will be left without any choice but to buy American!
Old 28 Feb 2017, 14:43 (Ref:3715317)   #1185
Bcarr6
Veteran

The new Norma definitely has looks on its side

Got to say I think from this angle it might be the prettiest P3

The Ligier is well proportioned but I don't love it's nose

The Adess is kinda weird looking, we all know the Riley is pretty blunt!
Old 28 Feb 2017, 16:15 (Ref:3715332)   #1186
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Good grid expected for Sebring Lites race:

http://www.dailysportscar.com/2017/0...ge-opener.html
Old 28 Feb 2017, 16:39 (Ref:3715341)   #1187
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FormulaFox View Post
I still don't buy that excuse. The lack of any significant interest in the Riley indicates to me all the more that people in the know have little confidence in it's ability to perform.
But , Greg Murphy was quoted as saying the car was fast so what's the real story?
Old 28 Feb 2017, 17:07 (Ref:3715346)   #1188
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
But , Greg Murphy was quoted as saying the car was fast so what's the real story?
Probably tells people he pays his bills too, but that doesn't mean it's true...
Old 28 Feb 2017, 23:26 (Ref:3715396)   #1189
Ospi
Veteran

Ospi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridOspi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Beautiful looking car, I'd hate to be the Guinea pig team to first run it though. Lack of splitter vortex is an interesting exclusion, though don't believe ginetta had them either.
Old 1 Mar 2017, 00:54 (Ref:3715412)   #1190
Juntos
Veteran

Juntos is a back marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by peebee2 View Post
Probably tells people he pays his bills too, but that doesn't mean it's true...
Do you mean he never pay for the car? Or do you mean he didn't pay for the laps he did with the car? Every journey is fraught with twists and turns.
Old 1 Mar 2017, 06:16 (Ref:3715442)   #1191
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ospi View Post
Beautiful looking car, I'd hate to be the Guinea pig team to first run it though. Lack of splitter vortex is an interesting exclusion, though don't believe ginetta had them either.
beauty is in the eye of the beholder
To me it looks like an early DP car strange that everyone else has gone high nose, time will tell
Old 1 Mar 2017, 14:31 (Ref:3715566)   #1192
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
Good grid expected for Sebring Lites race:

http://www.dailysportscar.com/2017/0...ge-opener.html
Unprecedented number of constructors being represented!

2 Rileys expected + the new Norma (might we see 'test driver' Romain Dumas behind the wheel?). Also a Ginetta and an Adess. Mix in the old Lites cars and it'll be a great variety. Looking forward to see the bunch.
Old 1 Mar 2017, 14:53 (Ref:3715570)   #1193
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Ep View Post
Unprecedented number of constructors being represented!

2 Rileys expected + the new Norma (might we see 'test driver' Romain Dumas behind the wheel?). Also a Ginetta and an Adess. Mix in the old Lites cars and it'll be a great variety. Looking forward to see the bunch.
I like the variety too, I just hope everyone puts on a good show so that the series can grow and we can continue to see the diversity on the grid.
Old 2 Mar 2017, 14:36 (Ref:3715825)   #1194
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
provisional entry list for Sebring:

http://competitors.imsa.com/sites/de...entry_list.pdf

disappointing in the numbers. And I suspect Doug Peterson's entry might be a(other) Riley instead of the Ligier listed.

Hope we'll see a couple more entries emerging over the next two weeks.
Old 2 Mar 2017, 15:28 (Ref:3715839)   #1195
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'd like to see more, but 10 LMP3s and 19 for a total in a support series is a good start. I'm looking forward to see them in person.
Old 2 Mar 2017, 16:02 (Ref:3715848)   #1196
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Ep View Post
provisional entry list for Sebring:

http://competitors.imsa.com/sites/de...entry_list.pdf

disappointing in the numbers. And I suspect Doug Peterson's entry might be a(other) Riley instead of the Ligier listed.

Hope we'll see a couple more entries emerging over the next two weeks.
That's just a test entry list, I presume you'll see a few more by raceday.
Old 3 Mar 2017, 01:30 (Ref:3715987)   #1197
MoMedic9019
Veteran

United States
Wauwatosa, WI
MoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
I tell you what. LMP3 will never work, and they should have not done it.
“We’re trying to close the doors without embarrassing ourselves, the France family and embarrassing (the) Grand American Series,” he said in the deposition. “There is no money. There is no purse. There’s nothing.”
Old 3 Mar 2017, 02:01 (Ref:3715988)   #1198
Coach Ep
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
That's right, I didn't realize that at first! Thx for pointing out the obvious.
Old 3 Mar 2017, 02:53 (Ref:3715995)   #1199
Lanky Turtle
Veteran

Lanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I always try to catch the Prototype Lights races at Sebring, but if I don't, no big deal. But this year they are can't miss races and kudos to IMSA for not waiting too long on bringing P3 cars to the U.S.
Old 3 Mar 2017, 12:39 (Ref:3716099)   #1200
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanky Turtle View Post
I always try to catch the Prototype Lights races at Sebring, but if I don't, no big deal. But this year they are can't miss races and kudos to IMSA for not waiting too long on bringing P3 cars to the U.S.
I was over Lites, especially at 8 AM. Too much Mazda and not enough "zoom".