Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 14 Apr 2010, 19:27 (Ref:2672811)   #76
Porsche917K
Racer

United States
Napa, CA
Porsche917K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Anyone going to the race? I know I will be going with my pops. Can't decide whether I should wear the Flying Lizards shirt or my RS spyder one. I went in 2008 and the event was amazing.
Old 14 Apr 2010, 22:55 (Ref:2672896)   #77
Da_LEGENDARY_NiNJA
Rookie

United States
California
Da_LEGENDARY_NiNJA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Porsche917K View Post
Anyone going to the race? I know I will be going with my pops. Can't decide whether I should wear the Flying Lizards shirt or my RS spyder one. I went in 2008 and the event was amazing.
Im going for the first time, but have no clue were to sit and if it cost to get into the garage(if you can)
Old 15 Apr 2010, 01:44 (Ref:2672924)   #78
WMUCarGuy
Veteran

United States
WMUCarGuy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll be in my bright yellow (can't miss me) Jordan F1 crew shirt (and Red Wings hat!) on friday, my black and gray Flying Lizard team shirt on saturday.

If I go sunday which I haven't decided yet, I'll heave on my blue and white Benetton F1 crew shirt!

If you notice a twenty-something guy in these combo of clothes, feel free to say hello!
Old 15 Apr 2010, 03:16 (Ref:2672936)   #79
Porsche917K
Racer

United States
Napa, CA
Porsche917K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sounds good guys, and i'm pretty sure I will have either my yellow shoulder/white front rs spyder penske shirt or a Lizards shirt with the art car livery. The only place I can guarantee I will be is the autograph session, and the start/finish for the rolling start. I love how close to the track you can get on street circuits
Old 15 Apr 2010, 04:47 (Ref:2672949)   #80
Ultimo
Veteran

Ultimo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridUltimo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by WMUCarGuy View Post
(and Red Wings hat!)
Excellent taste.

Too bad they just lost game 1 to Phoenix.
Old 15 Apr 2010, 05:54 (Ref:2672956)   #81
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
Vancouver (I escaped from UK)
andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!
small update to the guide tonight with JR in car #36
Old 15 Apr 2010, 12:13 (Ref:2673105)   #82
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
thanks to andyb, we've got the spotters guide...where is the normal dawg "spreadsheet"? i am totally lost this week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
I really looking forward to this. The break seemed longer than a month. The ALMS has always shown well and drawn nice crowds at LB. After Sebring I am a fan of the new product as well.
is that the cheese or the tequila?
Old 15 Apr 2010, 12:48 (Ref:2673122)   #83
HJJ
Veteran

United States
Hoschburg, just outside of Brasleburg.
HJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_LEGENDARY_NiNJA View Post
Im going for the first time, but have no clue were to sit and if it cost to get into the garage(if you can)
A general admission ticket will get you just about everything you need. A paddock pass (maybe $20) for the Indycar is extra, but where they have the ALMS cars does not require any additional $$$.

Have fun! The bar at the Hyatt is good for people watching. Also, The Yardhouse located in Shoreline Village is a good place to stop for a brew.

Jeff
Old 15 Apr 2010, 16:12 (Ref:2673219)   #84
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post

is that the cheese or the tequila?
After finding the Yancy cheese in a local store, I would say I'm a fan of both!
Old 15 Apr 2010, 18:05 (Ref:2673263)   #85
hoppelemine
Racer

England
Dorset, UK
hoppelemine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Will John Hindhaugh be there to do RLM? All the UK airports have been closed from Thursday morning until at least Friday morning and he did midweek motorsport from home on Wednesday evening. I suspect he may miss Friday's track action, but hopefully the race is late enough on Saturday for him to make it!
Old 15 Apr 2010, 18:07 (Ref:2673267)   #86
Dead-Eye
Veteran

Estonia
Dead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
He posted on Facebook that he made it to the US
Old 15 Apr 2010, 18:11 (Ref:2673269)   #87
hoppelemine
Racer

England
Dorset, UK
hoppelemine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead-Eye View Post
He posted on Facebook that he made it to the US
Glad to hear that, thanks!
Old 15 Apr 2010, 20:48 (Ref:2673347)   #88
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Looks like Intersport has their backup car put together and is ready for Long Beach with the addition of Nikolas Konstant as the 3rd driver - not sure how that will work for the short race time....

They have also enlisted the services of Ben Devlin to help the LMPC car drivers come up to speed. Glad to see Ben working in the series again.
Old 15 Apr 2010, 21:06 (Ref:2673357)   #89
Lola T70
Racer

Lola T70 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Really glad to see Jon back in the saddle after Sebring acrobatics.

That man is made of strong stuff.
Old 16 Apr 2010, 05:41 (Ref:2673446)   #90
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
Vancouver (I escaped from UK)
andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!
One last update to the Spotter Guide. Level 5 updated, Black Swan and PR1 tweaked. www.spotterguides.com

Note, #11 livery maybe a little different in base colour at this race, but pics today show it still has Braille Battery sponsorship and Vine graphics.
Old 16 Apr 2010, 14:42 (Ref:2673689)   #91
sceptic
Veteran

sceptic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
First practice underway for 25 minutes.
Two red flags already.
Old 16 Apr 2010, 14:44 (Ref:2673692)   #92
pdxracefan
Racer

United States
Oregon
pdxracefan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by sceptic View Post
First practice underway for 25 minutes.
Two red flags already.
What is up with Timing & Scoring? It's showing a red flag condition from Sebring.
Old 16 Apr 2010, 14:50 (Ref:2673693)   #93
JayBMS
Racer

Italy
JayBMS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://www.amr-teams.co.uk/p/twitter.html

ALMS Twitter feed form AMR Teams
Old 16 Apr 2010, 15:15 (Ref:2673703)   #94
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
wow, so far the Aston has more than 3 seconds on the rest of the field
Old 16 Apr 2010, 15:20 (Ref:2673710)   #95
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdxracefan View Post
What is up with Timing & Scoring? It's showing a red flag condition from Sebring.
working fine here http://scoring.americanlemans.com/scoring.php

Ciao Marco
Old 16 Apr 2010, 15:21 (Ref:2673711)   #96
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
wow, so far the Aston has more than 3 seconds on the rest of the field
Whoops... maybe IMSA needs to do a little tweaking.
Old 16 Apr 2010, 15:26 (Ref:2673716)   #97
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
times are dropping a bit, and the top 4 spots are held by Lola's!
Old 16 Apr 2010, 15:36 (Ref:2673721)   #98
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Ouch, RLM just mentioned that this test session is longer than the race, hahahaha.

Also, the Jag has turned 16 laps and is in the middle of the GTC class, not bad!

edit: I think i jinxed them, the Jag stopped on track causing red flag.

Last edited by joeb; 16 Apr 2010 at 15:43.
Old 16 Apr 2010, 16:05 (Ref:2673733)   #99
JayBMS
Racer

Italy
JayBMS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
are they the JLOC of ALMS?
Old 16 Apr 2010, 16:18 (Ref:2673744)   #100
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
#3 fastest in GT! Also AMR should really watch their backs when Highcroft stick messr. Pagenaud in the car.