Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 4 May 2015, 13:28 (Ref:3533974)   #1
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Ford Dealer Team Is Go....

Story Here

The story (yes its from Mr Phelps) seems to be talking about a dealer involvement for 2017...

Frosty Ford Dealers?

“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 4 May 2015, 13:31 (Ref:3533978)   #2
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'm not sure I can see it happening. We know the old dealer teams were just a way to break the manufacturer embargo.

Time will tell.

Apart from that, who the hell formatted that article? its farked.
Old 4 May 2015, 13:59 (Ref:3533989)   #3
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Can't be too many Ford dealers left with the cashflow.

Hell, there's still several that haven't updated their signage from the 90's.
Old 4 May 2015, 22:08 (Ref:3534128)   #4
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
ord dealers unite to stay in V8 Supercars
Old 5 May 2015, 00:09 (Ref:3534150)   #5
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Pecky that's an "article" based on a "report" from a News Ltd paper...
Old 5 May 2015, 01:43 (Ref:3534173)   #6
mikuni
Veteran

mikuni should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmikuni should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
I dont know if it is related to this but News Limited journalist James Phelps will feature on the panel for the first time, sharing an exclusive manufacturer announcement

Exclusive news tonight on Inside Supercars
If he's pushing more hearsay on Lexus then I'm going to post him a kick in the nuts.
Old 5 May 2015, 05:36 (Ref:3534205)   #7
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The article seems to state that any Dealer funding is dependant on Ford matching the dollars.

This article doesn't indicate much interest from Ford
http://www.motorsport.com/v8supercar...-team-rumours/
Old 5 May 2015, 05:43 (Ref:3534207)   #8
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
just say something in that original link, a tweet from Red bull racing to riana. Not sure i understand it

Quote:
“Is @willdavison flying or is he coming too early @rianacrehan? #v8sc #burningrubber’’
Old 5 May 2015, 06:24 (Ref:3534221)   #9
Mixer
Veteran

You can bet your butt it got retweeted though!
Old 5 May 2015, 07:45 (Ref:3534233)   #10
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
just say something in that original link, a tweet from Red bull racing to riana. Not sure i understand it
It's pretty poor taste that one, no doubt about it.
Old 5 May 2015, 08:11 (Ref:3534242)   #11
billybanana
Veteran

billybanana should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbillybanana should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A million bucks will barely cover the hospitality bill for the season. There is zero chance of this happening.
Old 5 May 2015, 09:35 (Ref:3534262)   #12
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
At the very least, the Ford marketing department seems finally to be building some continuity & credibility of message in their latest ads. The delightful Ngaire Dawn Fair has been in the last few campaigns.. focusing on value for money in vehicles or finance, and not being afraid to call out that they arent the leader in some categories.

Still no Falcon however..
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 5 May 2015, 23:36 (Ref:3534555)   #13
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourer View Post
It's pretty poor taste that one, no doubt about it.
i found it weird that they decided to discuss it on Supercars live with Riana n and Will at the desk. that was just a bit rude i thought.

It was done in the same segment as the ford dealers discusion
Old 5 May 2015, 23:59 (Ref:3534560)   #14
djr81
Racer

djr81 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
At the very least, the Ford marketing department seems finally to be building some continuity & credibility of message in their latest ads. The delightful Ngaire Dawn Fair has been in the last few campaigns.. focusing on value for money in vehicles or finance, and not being afraid to call out that they arent the leader in some categories.

Still no Falcon however..
No point marketing something the dealers don't stock. My yocal dealers (In a town of approximately 30,000) website lists 15 Rangers, 6 Focus, 6 Kuga and one Falcon. They barely appear to admit to selling them let alone advertising them.