Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 30 Jul 2003, 23:25 (Ref:675859)   #26
mirwin
Racer

mirwin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If Magny-Cours loses the race would Paul Ricard then take it's place?

With Alonso doing well I think the Spanish GP will remain for a while.

I'd like to see more than 17 races. Why can't the teams and sponsors understand the value of the extra exposure. Replace a week a pre-season testing with a race. How much more can that cost?
Old 30 Jul 2003, 23:28 (Ref:675863)   #27
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
I must say, I really hate Sepang, its just devoid of character.

I say chop Sepang and Magny Cours.
Old 31 Jul 2003, 14:06 (Ref:676335)   #28
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
I don't think Sepang should be dropped. It has some nice turns, provides the drivers with one of the most challenging tracks these days. Besides, there always seems to be a decent chance of rain ("spice" adding, surely? Therefore, it is highly unlikely to go me thinks).

Monte Carlo. My goodness, there is no reason to drop it in my view. It is quality. It is being, bit by bit, removed of some of its challenging aspects (however, all things considered, remains a phenomenal test).

Magny. I think I am in quite the minority whom like the track.

I certainly wouldn't cry to see the Hungaroring go, although perhaps they should just do a significant overhaul on the same site?

Hrrrmmm. I think, generally, it would be good if the meaningless chicanes were removed from tracks. Just have tracks that are challenging and let F1 cars go like they are meant to.
Old 31 Jul 2003, 15:30 (Ref:676396)   #29
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
If Buenos Aires enters it will probably use the circuit 6 again (this used during 1995-98).

The circuit 15 has much better layout, but is very expensive update it, despite they must modify the curvón Salotto to amplify the space of escape. And, on the other side, can you imagine today F1 cars entering into Ascari chicane (in the 6 is a curve, but in the 15 is a chicane) with more than 300 Km/h???

Last edited by Mekola; 31 Jul 2003 at 15:36.
Old 31 Jul 2003, 15:35 (Ref:676400)   #30
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid

Last edited by Mekola; 31 Jul 2003 at 15:43.
Old 31 Jul 2003, 16:25 (Ref:676437)   #31
Lee Janotta
Veteran

Lee Janotta should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Recta del Lago is just too long a straight to conform to FIA regs, I'm afraid, so any use of the loop around the lakes is out for F1 through the forseeable future.

Actually, if the track gets it's race back, part of the deal will probably require that Tilke gets turned loose on it.
Old 31 Jul 2003, 18:27 (Ref:676536)   #32
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Mekola, can you explain what you mean with regard to circuit 6 and 15, I don't understand.
Old 31 Jul 2003, 18:35 (Ref:676539)   #33
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
ahh now I do understand, just been to e-tracks.com and seen what you were on about, damn, they should use track 15, its a monster! reminds me of Mexico pre-93.
Old 31 Jul 2003, 18:39 (Ref:676544)   #34
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
I, myself, do like Sepang, and the facilities are supposedly excellent. Monte Carlo remains an extraordinary spectacle, but the racing is frequently dull; if I had to choose between Monte Carlo and, say, Spa, I'd take rain-swept Ardennes forest over sunkissed riviera any day. The hungaroring is almost always a snore-fest now; if you want an Eastern European race, go to Brno or Most. Or get the Moscow GP kickstarted.
Old 31 Jul 2003, 20:50 (Ref:676660)   #35
Miss Hardt
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade, Serbia
Miss Hardt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hungaroring should stay. Imola can go.
Old 1 Aug 2003, 02:32 (Ref:676782)   #36
Fish_Flake
Veteran

Georgia
The Foothills of North Georgia
Fish_Flake should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridFish_Flake should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridFish_Flake should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Germany should be banned from staging a race until they build a track that is worthy of hosting Formula 1. Nürburgring, average at best. Hockenheim, a gelding. Lausitz, cookie-cutter. Sachsenring, too short. Oschersleben, the worst permanent circuit in Europe. The Germans used to have the biggest and fastest tracks on the planet, then they dismantled AVUS, discontinued the Nordschleife, and neutered Hockenheim, and left a mostly bland quintet of Tilke-rings. The Germans don't deserve a race. Ptooi.
Old 2 Aug 2003, 16:34 (Ref:677934)   #37
Miss Hardt
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade, Serbia
Quote:
Originally posted by Fish_Flake
Germany should be banned from staging a race until they build a track that is worthy of hosting Formula 1. Nürburgring, average at best. Hockenheim, a gelding. Lausitz, cookie-cutter. Sachsenring, too short. Oschersleben, the worst permanent circuit in Europe. The Germans used to have the biggest and fastest tracks on the planet, then they dismantled AVUS, discontinued the Nordschleife, and neutered Hockenheim, and left a mostly bland quintet of Tilke-rings. The Germans don't deserve a race. Ptooi.
I guess they're never aware of what they have, not even when they lose it. And that's very sad.
For example, Hocki was, without a doubt, the most attractive circuit in the world and one of the fastest of that type as well. And they made a huge boot out of it.
Pointless, I say.
Old 2 Aug 2003, 17:38 (Ref:677965)   #38
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Well, one of the other Euro Grand Prix' has to go to be replaced by Spa!

Now, which one do you think it will be?
Old 2 Aug 2003, 19:34 (Ref:678037)   #39
Nicholas
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nicholas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I never knew they dropped Imola. About time too...
Classic Eddie Irvine moments, #1
Interviewer: "Why has Schumacher got an odd shaped helmet?" Eddie: "Because he's German, he's got an odd shaped head"
Old 2 Aug 2003, 19:55 (Ref:678059)   #40
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
My 5 nominees for dropping are:

1. Imola
2. Hockenheim (sorry Miss H!)
3. Hungaroring (again, sorry!)
4. Barcelona
5. Melbourne (bring back Adelaide!)
Old 2 Aug 2003, 20:03 (Ref:678066)   #41
miramar
Rookie

miramar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
drop:
-montmelo whatta shame!!!!! official test track.

-nurburgring
-monza
-hockenheimring
-imola
-hungaroring
-magny-cours
-indianapolis
-melbourne

and dont bring china and bahrain.
Old 2 Aug 2003, 20:21 (Ref:678075)   #42
Miss Hardt
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade, Serbia
I agree about two of them, ®îjñtjûh (damn that name, I always have to copy and paste it)

Hocki should not go, just as respect for the old one. Who knows what we can do one day? Reverse? *dreaming*
Hungaroring should not go because there has to be one race in a non-fancy European country which is also affordable.

I am not saying which is the third one that should stay because it would reveal my un-sympathy for the other one and some people should not see it....you can PM me if you want to.
Old 2 Aug 2003, 20:24 (Ref:678078)   #43
Miss Hardt
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade, Serbia
Quote:
Originally posted by miramar
drop:
-monza
-indianapolis
:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:
Old 2 Aug 2003, 20:36 (Ref:678086)   #44
ASCII Man
Veteran

Brno would be a great replacement for Hungoraring, no?
Old 2 Aug 2003, 20:46 (Ref:678093)   #45
Miss Hardt
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade, Serbia
Hungary is cooler than C. Republic:P
Not to mention their wondeful food! I'd *die* if I wouldn't go there at least twice a year
Old 2 Aug 2003, 21:28 (Ref:678129)   #46
miramar
Rookie

miramar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
monza without chicanes, pre-1971
no variante rettifilo, no variante della roggia, no variante ascari.
indianapolis? bring back long beach.
Old 2 Aug 2003, 21:54 (Ref:678151)   #47
bdhansen
Rookie

bdhansen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have a little bias being Canadian. How does everyone else rate Montreal as an event. 1 to 16, 1 being the best, 16 being Imola.
Old 2 Aug 2003, 22:01 (Ref:678156)   #48
ASCII Man
Veteran

Around 3 or 4, i guess.
One of the best venues in my opinion