Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

View Poll Results: Which driver combination will win the SuperCheap Auto Bathurst 1000?
#2 Pye/Luff WP HOLDEN 0 0%
#3 Russell/Douglas LDM HOLDEN 0 0%
#5 Winterbottom/Canto PRA FORD 0 0%
#6 Waters/Stanaway PRA FORD 2 4.00%
#7 T.Kelly/Le Brocq NisMo NISSAN 0 0%
#8 Percat/Jones BJR HOLDEN 0 0%
#9 Reynolds/Youlden Erebus HOLDEN 1 2.00%
#12 Coulthard/D'Alberto DJRTP FORD 2 4.00%
#14 Slade/Walsh BJR HOLDEN 1 2.00%
#15 R.Kelly/Wall NisMo NISSAN 0 0%
#17 McLaughlin/Premat DJRTP FORD 15 30.00%
#18 Holdsworth/Reindler CSR HOLDEN 0 0%
#19 W.Davison/Webb Tekno HOLDEN 0 0%
#21 Blanchard/Hazelwood TBR HOLDEN 0 0%
#22 Courtney/Perkins WP HOLDEN 1 2.00%
#23 Caruso/Fiore NisMo NISSAN 0 0%
#33 Tander/Golding GRM HOLDEN 3 6.00%
#34 Moffat/Muscat GRM HOLDEN 1 2.00%
#55 Mostert/Owen PRA FORD 5 10.00%
#56 Bright/Jacobson PRA FORD 1 2.00%
#62 Rullo/A.Davison LDM HOLDEN 0 0%
#78 de Silvestro/D.Russell NisMo NISSAN 0 0%
#88 Whincup/Dumbrell 888 HOLDEN 8 16.00%
#97 van Gisbergen/Campbell 888 HOLDEN 7 14.00%
#99 Wood/Pither Erebus 888 HOLDEN 1 2.00%
#888 Lowndes/Richards 888 HOLDEN 2 4.00%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10 Oct 2017, 09:47 (Ref:3773379)   #326
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Reynolds Gives Fan Replacement Boot...

Nice move Mr Reynolds. This was on an FB post somewhere, the young girl got pushed out of the way, the boot stolen from her hands. Sad
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 10 Oct 2017, 09:49 (Ref:3773380)   #327
fomoco
Veteran

Australia
Bris Vages southside
fomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridfomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
The team could have withdrawn the car...
no,its about creating a safe environment for Motorsport, the rule makes could have easily said ,"you can substitute a driver"

not hard, no need to withdraw a entry ,
If it is that hard, then maybe we need to dig holes with a string attached to the tombstone and pull it up as we fall in

life is not hard, just have to avoid stupid decisions by a select group of ppl
Old 10 Oct 2017, 10:18 (Ref:3773384)   #328
Langers
Veteran

Langers should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: SdS crash... sponsored by Supercars, Supercars love well timed safety cars, and it was a complete rookie error. Coincidence...?
Old 10 Oct 2017, 10:37 (Ref:3773386)   #329
dirtymacca
Racer

dirtymacca should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by fomoco View Post
no,its about creating a safe environment for Motorsport, the rule makes could have easily said ,"you can substitute a driver"

not hard, no need to withdraw a entry ,
If it is that hard, then maybe we need to dig holes with a string attached to the tombstone and pull it up as we fall in

life is not hard, just have to avoid stupid decisions by a select group of ppl
It is about the well being of the driver firstly and secondly the rest of the field and those in the line of fire.

The guy was in trouble... would you leave someone who looks like drowning in a ironman competition?
The other issue is that the team and Timmy (The race controller) and his mates were aware of the situation.... Did nothing.

Tim (Slade) should sue them for failing their duty of care!

Last edited by dirtymacca; 10 Oct 2017 at 10:56.
Old 10 Oct 2017, 10:54 (Ref:3773389)   #330
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
You would have thought with some of the extended safety car periods that they could have gotten this car back. It was probably safe from the hilldwellers being on the inside of the track, but you might have thought a course car could have collected the pilot. Weird.
It might have required some fence jumping and trespassing (which i'm sure wouldn't have been an issue) but it's possible to trek your way back to the pits from where he was isn't it?
Old 10 Oct 2017, 11:43 (Ref:3773402)   #331
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by racer69 View Post
It might have required some fence jumping and trespassing (which i'm sure wouldn't have been an issue) but it's possible to trek your way back to the pits from where he was isn't it?
some great spectating spots on the way down, a few BBQ's going, maybe an esky,or ten, would have been not to hard to walk, but it was raining, still some of those internal places are well set up
Old 10 Oct 2017, 19:42 (Ref:3773492)   #332
Average Punter
Veteran

Australia
a drug store in Wagga
Average Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAverage Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAverage Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:

Nice move Mr Reynolds. This was on an FB post somewhere, the young girl got pushed out of the way, the boot stolen from her hands. Sad
The on-track commentators (Minty, Cameron and Andrew Jones) had one of Reynolds' shoes after the podium presentation. Which one did they have????
Punters Beer Fest. Indy 02, Clipsal 03, Winton 04, Paperclip 05, Darwin 06, Oran Park 07, Phillip Island 08, Sandown 09, Townsville 10, Symmons 11, Eastern Creek 12, Winton 13. Townsville 14. Paperclip 15, Sandown 16, Symmons 17, PI 18, The Bend 19
Old 10 Oct 2017, 19:59 (Ref:3773494)   #333
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Average Punter View Post
The on-track commentators (Minty, Cameron and Andrew Jones) had one of Reynolds' shoes after the podium presentation. Which one did they have????
One was chucked into the crowd, the other was with the on-circuit teev team..
Old 10 Oct 2017, 23:02 (Ref:3773528)   #334
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:

Thats pretty poor form from whoever stole that from the girl.

I know police have been involved and even if they find the culprit hes gonna probably just get a slap on the wrist but they should be publicly named and shamed. Thats pretty pathetic to do that to a kid.

Nice of DR to give her another boot. Class move.
Old 10 Oct 2017, 23:18 (Ref:3773534)   #335
Forda
Veteran

Forda should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That's a lot of resources tied up for one boot?

Last edited by Forda; 10 Oct 2017 at 23:26.
Old 11 Oct 2017, 00:06 (Ref:3773540)   #336
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Langers View Post
Re: SdS crash... sponsored by Supercars, Supercars love well timed safety cars, and it was a complete rookie error. Coincidence...?
Inside job for sure, where's my loose change?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Old 11 Oct 2017, 00:14 (Ref:3773542)   #337
FAS33
Veteran

Australia
1st - 6th gear
FAS33 User had had their licence endorsedFAS33 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.R.T. View Post
Interestingly - if you read the comments in the linked article you provided, there is a suggestion that V8SC removed comments from posters which didnt align to their narrative. When did V8SC try and become State Media?
How naughty of V8SC, they need a big slap on the wrist for committing such a crime.
Old 11 Oct 2017, 00:17 (Ref:3773543)   #338
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by FAS33 View Post
Naughty of V8SC. They need a big slap on the wrist for committing such a bad crime.
I know, imagine looking after your product, and brainless boofheads thinking they have freedom of speech to write as much off topic slander on someone elses forum
Old 11 Oct 2017, 03:33 (Ref:3773561)   #339
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
I know, imagine looking after your product, and brainless boofheads thinking they have freedom of speech to write as much off topic slander on someone elses forum
Not sure where posting referenced tv viewership figures with challenge public press releases constitutes slander Peckstar.

I would have to think anyone here would support an organisation editing or erasing public questioning to help perpetuate its own version of reality?
Old 11 Oct 2017, 03:55 (Ref:3773563)   #340
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Not sure where posting referenced tv viewership figures with challenge public press releases constitutes slander Peckstar.

I would have to think anyone here would support an organisation editing or erasing public questioning to help perpetuate its own version of reality?
Their website, their rules. Same as here on ten tenths, dont like it dont go there, I assume you havent been so not sure what you are complaining about, just making stuff up i guess.
Old 11 Oct 2017, 05:08 (Ref:3773569)   #341
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Bathurst Fast Lap With GoPro

Is it odd that the outer door skin on #78 is flapping in the breeze at speed?
Old 11 Oct 2017, 06:30 (Ref:3773580)   #342
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Their website, their rules. Same as here on ten tenths, dont like it dont go there, I assume you havent been so not sure what you are complaining about, just making stuff up i guess.
So by those standards - you are comfortable with organisations putting out misleading statements and/or information and silencing or removing attempts to challenge or question its validity - on the basis that its 'their website, their newspaper, their company, their government' ? Promoting censorship.

Next you will be advocating for Chinese State Controlled Media.
Old 11 Oct 2017, 06:40 (Ref:3773581)   #343
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
So by those standards - you are comfortable with organisations putting out misleading statements and/or information and silencing or removing attempts to challenge or question its validity - on the basis that its 'their website, their newspaper, their company, their government' ? Promoting censorship.

Next you will be advocating for Chinese State Controlled Media.
Really Chinese Controlled state media, (or the Australian equivalent, the ABC), makes me understand why they would delete crap, thanks

Their website, their marketing tool. they can do what they want. That's how it works.

My observation was it was just a whole lot of trolls trying to bring down Supercars moment of glory (sounds familiar) with a whole lot of misinformation that was poorly presented or incomplete and much of it showed either a lack of understanding or lack of intelligence.

But anyway nothing to do with Bathurst, great Pole lap wasnt it DRT?
Old 11 Oct 2017, 06:47 (Ref:3773582)   #344
MichaelScott
Rookie

MichaelScott should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Really Chinese Controlled state media, (or the Australian equivalent, the ABC), makes me understand why they would delete crap, thanks

Their website, their marketing tool. they can do what they want. That's how it works.

My observation was it was just a whole lot of trolls trying to bring down Supercars moment of glory (sounds familiar) with a whole lot of misinformation that was poorly presented or incomplete and much of it showed either a lack of understanding or lack of intelligence.

But anyway nothing to do with Bathurst, great Pole lap wasnt it DRT?

But...they can't tell fibs. A lie is a lie no matter who owns the website
Old 11 Oct 2017, 07:09 (Ref:3773585)   #345
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelScott View Post
But...they can't tell fibs. A lie is a lie no matter who owns the website
Same conversation on the same subject every time.

Supercar says X.
Whingers say its false.
Whingers offer no alternative source of facts.
Whingers whinge to extreme and posts get deleted when attacks get personal.

The race was bloody awesome, as usual.

Overshadowed by the whingers

Awful
Old 11 Oct 2017, 07:39 (Ref:3773590)   #346
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Tekno's Bathurst Review
Old 11 Oct 2017, 08:21 (Ref:3773607)   #347
JT.
Rookie

Australia
melbourne
JT. should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is it me or does the chap standing behind Reynolds' GF in the pits near the end of the race look like Win Percy?
Old 11 Oct 2017, 08:49 (Ref:3773609)   #348
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Is it odd that the outer door skin on #78 is flapping in the breeze at speed?
Being made of composites and extremely flimsy, that does not seem particularly odd.
Old 11 Oct 2017, 10:29 (Ref:3773626)   #349
FAS33
Veteran

Australia
1st - 6th gear
FAS33 User had had their licence endorsedFAS33 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
how does it bother someone that much to bring up crowd numbers and tell them they're making it up? I find it quite funny tbh.
Old 11 Oct 2017, 10:33 (Ref:3773628)   #350
FAS33
Veteran

Australia
1st - 6th gear
Quote:
Same conversation on the same subject every time.

Supercar says X.
Whingers say its false.
Whingers offer no alternative source of facts.
Whingers whinge to extreme and posts get deleted when attacks get personal.

The race was bloody awesome, as usual.

Overshadowed by the whingers

Awful
let them keep posting their tears are delicious.