Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Racers Forum

View Poll Results: Are you in favour of the proposed changes to Graham Hill bend?
Yes 11 8.87%
No 80 64.52%
Change it yes, but not another hairpin please. 33 26.61%
Voters: 124. You may not vote on this poll

Old 18 Dec 2011, 17:29 (Ref:3001590)   #51
Piglet
Veteran

Piglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattt View Post
DTM would want Graham Hill Bend changing given the fact that only a couple of the drivers took the corner correctly more than a few times across the weekend. at times it looked like a challenge to see who could be furthest away from the track
Do you know that or are you just guessing?
Old 18 Dec 2011, 18:43 (Ref:3001609)   #52
Christian Devereux
Rookie

United Kingdom
London W4
Christian Devereux should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I, like most of the old folk on here, loved the old GH bend, and find the current corner awkward and gawky.
So on that basis, if they wont put it back to how it was, I'm game for a change.
As many have said, it should reward a good exit from Druids, but there doesn't look like there's much room for run off, and considering we'll be arriving flat in 3rd or maybe more, there could be a few more visits to the paint shop.
Old 18 Dec 2011, 18:45 (Ref:3001610)   #53
m1fcf
Veteran

United Kingdom
m1fcf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridm1fcf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattt View Post
DTM would want Graham Hill Bend changing given the fact that only a couple of the drivers took the corner correctly more than a few times across the weekend. at times it looked like a challenge to see who could be furthest away from the track
and hands up anyone who thinks they will obey the new track limits coming out of the new piece of track onto the back straight?

Old 18 Dec 2011, 20:17 (Ref:3001639)   #54
Andrew Busby
Rookie

Andrew Busby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian Devereux View Post
I, like most of the old folk on here, loved the old GH bend, and find the current corner awkward and gawky.
So on that basis, if they wont put it back to how it was, I'm game for a change.
As many have said, it should reward a good exit from Druids, but there doesn't look like there's much room for run off, and considering we'll be arriving flat in 3rd or maybe more, there could be a few more visits to the paint shop.
Precisely
Old 19 Dec 2011, 18:33 (Ref:3001954)   #55
mattt
Veteran

England
Cambridge
mattt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmattt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piglet View Post
Do you know that or are you just guessing?
i was on post 8 at the DTM meeting so could see how far wide they were going

re-reading my post maybe a retweek to the first few words would have been advisable but its a bit late now lol

"i wouldnt be suprised if DTM would want a change ...." but then again i posted it in a rush so the sarcasm didn't come across correctly

Last edited by mattt; 19 Dec 2011 at 18:45.
Old 19 Dec 2011, 21:37 (Ref:3002003)   #56
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnw View Post
Do though remember races being run in both directions and I drove it anti-clockwise in a single seater on a Motor Racing Stables course.
The Hutchinson 100 bike race was run in the opposite direction.
If it does get altered just leave the original corner there and still use it, the new bit could make a decent run off with cones !
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 19 Dec 2011, 23:12 (Ref:3002049)   #57
johnw
Veteran

England
Chichester - 1/2 mile from Goodwood
johnw should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Limited video but as you say Gordon

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwINcFAshlM
Old 20 Dec 2011, 07:32 (Ref:3002127)   #58
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
In actual fact,a change of Gh would be quite nice,hopefully the topography will not be altered,ie,a bit of a banked corner would be really good.
Old 30 Dec 2011, 15:39 (Ref:3005564)   #59
cliveagyoung
Rookie

United Kingdom
Heast Janglia
cliveagyoung should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
NO NO not another hairpin on a JP circuit.
Looks as if instead of collecting the marshalls post on the infield down from the paddock we will now have the good fun of meeting a spinning vehicle coming off the inside of paddock....
Give us back the OLD "Bottom Bend" Mr Palmer...Please.
Old 30 Dec 2011, 18:31 (Ref:3005616)   #60
adam46
Racer

United Kingdom
Isle Of Wight, UK.
adam46 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridadam46 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Just leave it as it is, to many alterations to a great recipe always spoils anything.

It only matters if it has a motor...
Old 31 Dec 2011, 13:52 (Ref:3005860)   #61
Andrew Busby
Rookie

If you wish to express your view please go to www.sevenoaks.gov.uk and follow the links to planning applications and join the 33 formal objections to the plans already posted......
Old 31 Dec 2011, 14:28 (Ref:3005866)   #62
Piglet
Veteran

Piglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Busby View Post
If you wish to express your view please go to www.sevenoaks.gov.uk and follow the links to planning applications and join the 33 formal objections to the plans already posted......
... and your valid planning reasons for objecting are?
Old 31 Dec 2011, 15:14 (Ref:3005874)   #63
ascarmarshal
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Yorkshire
ascarmarshal should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridascarmarshal should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I think the public consultation ended in November and the council don't have to take any notice of comments received after the consultation ended. There have been no local objections and the Parish Council are for the plans. So comments placed on the website after the consultation ended can be ignored by the planning committee. I expect the plans to be passed and the work to be done next winter
Old 31 Dec 2011, 15:34 (Ref:3005883)   #64
Thundersports
Veteran

Balearic Islands
On the dark side of the moon
Thundersports should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not going to happen...........
Old 1 Jan 2012, 21:31 (Ref:3006251)   #65
McMuttley
Racer

England
Bromley
McMuttley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ascarmarshal View Post
I think the public consultation ended in November and the council don't have to take any notice of comments received after the consultation ended. There have been no local objections and the Parish Council are for the plans. So comments placed on the website after the consultation ended can be ignored by the planning committee. I expect the plans to be passed and the work to be done next winter

...as a 10/10th and a town planner (sorry) - any comments made up to the date of the decision have to be taken into account. That said, i've tried to look at the Sevenoaks website on numerous occaissions over several weeks from various computers and never been able to view the application - always says not available. Maybe a 10/10th planning barrister can lodge a JR againt any planning permission on the grounds of failure to consult properly!!!

Otherwise, think i'll carry on turning left at the same old place and send MSVR a packet of grass seeds.
Old 1 Jan 2012, 21:42 (Ref:3006252)   #66
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
All the objections seem to be from racers or spectators so I doubt they'll be taken into account from a planning perspective. To try and stop it I would think we need to lobby Dr J but if everyone is like me then apathy will rule.
For what my opinion is worth I now like the look of the revised layout apart from the hairpin.
Old 1 Jan 2012, 22:11 (Ref:3006261)   #67
Chigley
Veteran

England
Newbury, Berkshire
Chigley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
For God's sake leave classic circuits alone!!!! It's not an unsafe corner so they can't use safety as an excuse. Hasn't enough damage been done to classic circuits already. Look at the carve ups at Sillystones and Snett.
Old 3 Jan 2012, 11:48 (Ref:3006697)   #68
Andrew Busby
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by McMuttley View Post
...as a 10/10th and a town planner (sorry) - any comments made up to the date of the decision have to be taken into account. That said, i've tried to look at the Sevenoaks website on numerous occaissions over several weeks from various computers and never been able to view the application - always says not available. Maybe a 10/10th planning barrister can lodge a JR againt any planning permission on the grounds of failure to consult properly!!!

Otherwise, think i'll carry on turning left at the same old place and send MSVR a packet of grass seeds.
Determination date was 27th December at which point there were 31 objections lodged on the website. You say they will need to be taken into account; presumably the thoughts of spectators / competitors don't have as much weight as local Parish Council or neighbours or do they? Would also be interested to know if 31 objections is a high response rate?

You're quite right the website is often down but this morning it appears OK.

In response to Tim's post, I have created an online petition at www.twitition.com/9dsmc where you can add your name to the 177 already there.

I understand that following their interview with JP before Christmas MotorSport will be running a piece on this in their next issue.

Regards & thanks Andrew
Old 3 Jan 2012, 12:02 (Ref:3006701)   #69
m1fcf
Veteran

United Kingdom
m1fcf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridm1fcf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
In response to Tim's post, I have created an online petition at www.twitition.com/9dsmc where you can add your name to the 177 already there.
In the interest of balance, do you have one for those who agree with the changes?

Yes, its quite a change
Yes, it looks drastic
but, Yes, it looks like a hell of a challenge and could be quite entertaining.
Old 3 Jan 2012, 14:37 (Ref:3006754)   #70
Andrew Busby
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by m1fcf View Post
In the interest of balance, do you have one for those who agree with the changes?

Yes, its quite a change
Yes, it looks drastic
Hmmm petitioning both for & against something simultaneously.....I'm not a politician I'm afraid
Old 3 Jan 2012, 14:58 (Ref:3006769)   #71
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by m1fcf View Post

Yes, its quite a change
Yes, it looks drastic
It looks quite unimaginative as well, you could make that quite challenging and given the terrain very exciting without the need for another hairpin.
Old 3 Jan 2012, 16:26 (Ref:3006797)   #72
NJH
Racer

United Kingdom
Weymouth
NJH should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just adjusting cambers would be interesting, off camber in, heavily cambered exit etc. Loads of interesting variations possible.
Old 3 Jan 2012, 16:47 (Ref:3006803)   #73
JimW
Veteran

United Kingdom
Worcestershire, UK
JimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by cliveagyoung View Post
. . . Looks as if instead of collecting the marshalls post on the infield down from the paddock we will now have the good fun of meeting a spinning vehicle coming off the inside of paddock....
. . .
Are you suggesting that JP/the MSA will not instate appropriate barriers to stop this sort of coming together?

Regards

Jim
Old 9 Jan 2012, 17:42 (Ref:3009423)   #74
Andrew Busby
Rookie

I received a letter from Sevenoaks District Council today advising that there are revised plans - amended site location showing all the land affected by the plans and also that the deadline for any further comments is 26th January.
What was startling were the two aerial photos which the council have included in the planning documents one contemporary and one from 1964
http://pa.sevenoaks.gov.uk/online-ap...964-659240.pdf
http://pa.sevenoaks.gov.uk/online-ap...OTO-659239.jpg
Spot the difference!
Old 9 Jan 2012, 17:50 (Ref:3009425)   #75
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
It says document unavailable.