Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 17 Nov 2010, 18:35 (Ref:2792206)   #76
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Maybe they could get those 2002 Arrows out from retirement?
Old 17 Nov 2010, 20:40 (Ref:2792266)   #77
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
HRT needs a new owner.
Just who could or would buy them out is the question although outside of the entry what do they own? A few uncompetitive chassis?

And they would have to use the Dallara's at the start of the year because it would almost be impossible to build a new car in time for March....
Unless they cribbed a car off the present Williams design.....buying the rights to the 2010 car.... Can they do that ?

STR also needs a sponsor outside of the Red Bull family. It has enough technical associates to be far better than it is but seems to be run aon a shoestring compared to RBR and I wonder if owning two teams is really a bright idea.
Association are good but I don't think two teams is sustainable for much longer.
Old 17 Nov 2010, 23:23 (Ref:2792364)   #78
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teretonga View Post
Unless they cribbed a car off the present Williams design.....buying the rights to the 2010 car.... Can they do that ?
Very unlikely. Williams has always been the biggest opponent of customer cars. They for instance stopped the Prodrive entry, which was supposed to use the old McLaren car.
Old 18 Nov 2010, 01:54 (Ref:2792399)   #79
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwyllion View Post
Very unlikely. Williams has always been the biggest opponent of customer cars. They for instance stopped the Prodrive entry, which was supposed to use the old McLaren car.
Yes but they are selling them the gearbox/drivetrain accessories for 2011 (if they pay for them) so why not provide the monocoque as well.

If they pay for the design and maybe add a few updates (and its superseded at Williams) what is the harm in it. Williams may even get enough out of it to employ Nico again and farm Maldonado out to what would effectively be a partner team.
Old 18 Nov 2010, 14:55 (Ref:2792661)   #80
Matador
Racer

Matador should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Maybe they could hit up Panasonic anf get them to sweet talk Toyota.
Old 18 Nov 2010, 15:12 (Ref:2792669)   #81
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It's too late for that Toyota want shot of any deal with HRT. I reckon Toyota got cold feet, after HRT reneged on those payments to Dallara and Cosworth.
Old 19 Nov 2010, 00:31 (Ref:2792915)   #82
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Cold feet? They just terminated the deal because they didn't meet the deadline. Very unprofessional on HRT's part. De la Rosa doesn't look like he's too enthused to drive there anymore either, having to pay them to drive? In a car that's at the tail end of the field? Yeah right.
Old 19 Nov 2010, 00:57 (Ref:2792926)   #83
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Just back from Cologne. The HRT situation is pretty interesting because really they are up a certain creek without a water displacement device.

Dallara and Toyota can both be ruled out. Lola has the MB-01 design and could turn it out in time but would it be any better?. Formtech may have a design and do have the capability - but the time???

Dome has the capability, the staff and at a stretch could do an evolution of the F110 before bringing a new car some way into the season - but they are very expensive

If HRT has a design (which I doubt very much) the Capricorn, EPM or ATR could produce it for them but... doubt it.

So this leaves HRT with just an evolution of the F110...
Old 19 Nov 2010, 03:28 (Ref:2792961)   #84
Wims
Veteran

Norway
Wims should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWims should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I imagine that Lolas design would be alot better than Dallara, but then again, I'm a Lola fan and I cant really stand Dallara :P
Old 19 Nov 2010, 09:31 (Ref:2793025)   #85
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwyllion View Post
Williams has always been the biggest opponent of customer cars.
Not always.

Old 19 Nov 2010, 11:33 (Ref:2793066)   #86
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wims View Post
I imagine that Lolas design would be alot better than Dallara, but then again, I'm a Lola fan and I cant really stand Dallara :P
Dallara make that pile of junk they race in IndyCar. Shame Lola didn't win the bid for the new chassis but that's another issue.
Old 20 Nov 2010, 00:02 (Ref:2793296)   #87
Canada ALMS fan
Veteran

Canada
Calgary, Canada
Canada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wims View Post
x 2. At this point I am having a hard time believing HRT will be on the grid next year, at least for the full season. If they do not receive an influx of cash SOON I think they may be done.
Old 20 Nov 2010, 01:09 (Ref:2793315)   #88
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Hans View Post
Not always.

Hypocrisy for profitability!