Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

View Poll Results: Your 1st preferred cup of tea?
Dailysportscar 24 35.82%
Sportscar365 17 25.37%
Both have equal quality 26 38.81%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Old 22 Jul 2015, 20:39 (Ref:3560312)   #26
jasonjessica09
Veteran

jasonjessica09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjasonjessica09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
I found it funny how Dagys completely blacklisted PWC after they refused him some credentials for something.

Especially when he went off on twitter about it too.
I loved it too. I was like hells yeah when Dagys did that. PWC has been a farce at times this year. Good in other occasions though. But I prefer IMSA and SRO by miles.
Old 22 Jul 2015, 20:46 (Ref:3560314)   #27
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Both sites are excellent, and provide good coverage. I voted for DSC, because it seems that Dagys attempts to overhype some news, which I understand, but you hear about it for days in advance and it is at times minor.
Old 22 Jul 2015, 20:56 (Ref:3560317)   #28
Bandicoot17
Veteran

United Kingdom
Birmingham
Bandicoot17 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
SC365 for me. Good quality articles on both sites though.
Old 22 Jul 2015, 21:57 (Ref:3560323)   #29
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
I found it funny how Dagys completely blacklisted PWC after they refused him some credentials for something.

When did that happen?
Old 23 Jul 2015, 00:19 (Ref:3560352)   #30
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Long Beach

Not sure what "completely blacklisted" is supposed to mean given the series is still covered by the site about as much as before, but you know...

And tux it's fine for going off, my threads are always meant to be rambly...
Old 23 Jul 2015, 06:12 (Ref:3560389)   #31
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
DSC for me particularly for the quality and depth of its articles....

Although I think part of the reason is that I have generally lost at least 80% of my interest in the IMSA series since the 'merger' and SC365 has a lot of coverage on that.
Old 23 Jul 2015, 15:21 (Ref:3560470)   #32
MoMedic9019
Veteran

United States
Wauwatosa, WI
MoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I don't visit SC365 at all. I have no reason to.

It's DSC only for me.
“We’re trying to close the doors without embarrassing ourselves, the France family and embarrassing (the) Grand American Series,” he said in the deposition. “There is no money. There is no purse. There’s nothing.”
Old 23 Jul 2015, 16:32 (Ref:3560477)   #33
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!
Quote:

I know a lot of people took refuge in pwc after the merger, and it seemed dagys made it his personal mission to sway popular opinion back to imsa by pointing out everything that was wrong with pwc and praising imsa up and down.

I get it, he has a business to run and follows the money and volume to get hits.

My issue is he holds comment on the negative aspects of imsa but let's It fly with pwc. It makes sense that pwc gave him a "thanks, but no thanks." What stood out the most was the Cadillac fire at barber. His tweets seemed to attack the series...because a car caught fire.

Dsc seems to run more honest articles on the series they feature.

No fault of John, but the comments over there....oy. Just overall an unpleasant internet experience.
Old 23 Jul 2015, 16:51 (Ref:3560483)   #34
MoMedic9019
Veteran

United States
Wauwatosa, WI
MoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanyb505 View Post
I know a lot of people took refuge in pwc after the merger, and it seemed dagys made it his personal mission to sway popular opinion back to imsa by pointing out everything that was wrong with pwc and praising imsa up and down.

I get it, he has a business to run and follows the money and volume to get hits.

My issue is he holds comment on the negative aspects of imsa but let's It fly with pwc. It makes sense that pwc gave him a "thanks, but no thanks." What stood out the most was the Cadillac fire at barber. His tweets seemed to attack the series...because a car caught fire.

Dsc seems to run more honest articles on the series they feature.

No fault of John, but the comments over there....oy. Just overall an unpleasant internet experience.
I hate to sound like Atheron here... but... "If you only knew..

There is a team(who will remained unnamed)who will not do interviews consiting of anything meanigful. Relationships, and confidences are important.
“We’re trying to close the doors without embarrassing ourselves, the France family and embarrassing (the) Grand American Series,” he said in the deposition. “There is no money. There is no purse. There’s nothing.”
Old 23 Jul 2015, 18:14 (Ref:3560489)   #35
Mike Hedlund
Veteran

United States
Redwood City, CA
Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanyb505 View Post
That's bullshit. It's not his fault PWC screwed up so badly this year. He was very Pro-PWC last year while they were doing a good job. He was also calling out IMSA last year when they had their head somewhere else. This year the table has turned and most of the media coverage is reflecting that.

-mike
Old 23 Jul 2015, 18:24 (Ref:3560490)   #36
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoMedic9019 View Post
I hate to sound like Atheron here... but... "If you only knew..

There is a team(who will remained unnamed)who will not do interviews consiting of anything meanigful. Relationships, and confidences are important.
Sounds like you worked for the team that got "outed"? I know that those in the media are supposed to have an obligation to not release info until their source wants them to, but in today's world, if you wanna keep a secret, you may as well abide by the old World War II slogan of "loose lips, sink ships".

There's a reason why, for example, we didn't know what the 2015 Audi R18 would look like even though Audi had been working on that evolution of the car for at least 10 months prior to it's Sebring test.

Factory teams have secrets, and they're not exactly telling what those secrets are.

So if you want to keep something confidential that you wanna share on your own terms, either get parties to sign non-disclosure agreements, or simply keep your mouth shut and keep it to yourself.

"Loose lips, sink ships", and that goes both ways. Just saying that if one wants to share something on their terms, don't "scoop" it out to someone, keep it to yourself. At least you'll have complete control over said announcement.

Last edited by chernaudi; 23 Jul 2015 at 18:30.
Old 23 Jul 2015, 18:39 (Ref:3560494)   #37
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
Interesting thread - food for though and good to see that what is in the works might address some concerns here!

The original poster is dead wrong about what happened with John and PWC - I'll leave it to John to fill in the blanks there if he feels he wants to but he did NOTHING wrong there at all. With Chiana's permission - post Spa and Ring WEC test I'd like to respond ref Nissan and DSC - dead wrong there too!

Keep it up boys and girls!
Old 23 Jul 2015, 18:55 (Ref:3560496)   #38
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
Off Topic: Graham, your location is given as Epsom in England, and I've wondered if there was a connection to the mineral salt commonly known as Epsom salt.

Turns out my thoughts were right, though I cheated and used Wikipedia to check that.

On Topic: I do wonder if factory teams and such do insist that people that the work with (namely contractors and third party groups) sign non-disclosure agreements?

For instance, I know from Mulsanne Mike that Audi and possibly Porsche did do testing at the Haas WindShear wind tunnel in Charlotte NC this year. Would Audi Sport have likely insisted that certain employees at WindShear sign non-disclosures to not openly discuss what Audi were doing there?

As far as my preference, I don't really have one, and DSC and SC365 both have their places. DSC has more European news, and SC365 has more NA news, but that's mostly down to each site's geographic base.

I will concede the edge to DSC, simply because they do have more personnel and resources to draw from.
Old 23 Jul 2015, 19:03 (Ref:3560497)   #39
ttdriver2009
Racer

ttdriver2009 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I really liked SC365 because of the in depth coverage of the Pirelli World Challenge. After the COTA race, it seemed to go to nothing. At Mosport, the coverage was only a few articles and there were 7 races that weekend. At Road America, there were 8 yet the site decided to not over the race. Leading up to COTA there were a multitude of in depth articles for PWC. Now it's silence.

There were plenty of articles when it came to teams all going to PWC and leaving IMSA. All of a sudden, now there are in depth articles for IMSA.

It seems to me that the sight is only interested in getting clicks by pitting one series against the other. I don't like that.

DSC and the official IMSA/PWC sites for me. Plus I visit here because the majority of you go to most of the races or work for teams. As for me, I go to a half dozen per year.
Old 23 Jul 2015, 19:06 (Ref:3560498)   #40
Mike Hedlund
Veteran

United States
Redwood City, CA
Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttdriver2009 View Post
I really liked SC365 because of the in depth coverage of the Pirelli World Challenge. After the COTA race, it seemed to go to nothing. At Mosport, the coverage was only a few articles and there were 7 races that weekend. At Road America, there were 8 yet the site decided to not over the race. Leading up to COTA there were a multitude of in depth articles for PWC. Now it's silence.

There were plenty of articles when it came to teams all going to PWC and leaving IMSA. All of a sudden, now there are in depth articles for IMSA.

It seems to me that the sight is only interested in getting clicks by pitting one series against the other. I don't like that.

DSC and the official IMSA/PWC sites for me. Plus I visit here because the majority of you go to most of the races or work for teams. As for me, I go to a half dozen per year.
Knowing what PWC did to John, I'd have removed every reference of theirs from my site and never posted another article. Not even a press release.

But that's just me and I'm an a**hole.

-mike
Old 23 Jul 2015, 20:29 (Ref:3560514)   #41
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham Goodwin View Post
With Chiana's permission - post Spa and Ring WEC test I'd like to respond ref Nissan and DSC - dead wrong there too!
Yes feel free to fire away.
Old 23 Jul 2015, 21:30 (Ref:3560522)   #42
MoMedic9019
Veteran

United States
Wauwatosa, WI
Quote:
Originally Posted by chernaudi View Post
Sounds like you worked for the team that got "outed"? I know that those in the media are supposed to have an obligation to not release info until their source wants them to, but in today's world, if you wanna keep a secret, you may as well abide by the old World War II slogan of "loose lips, sink ships".

There's a reason why, for example, we didn't know what the 2015 Audi R18 would look like even though Audi had been working on that evolution of the car for at least 10 months prior to it's Sebring test.

Factory teams have secrets, and they're not exactly telling what those secrets are.

So if you want to keep something confidential that you wanna share on your own terms, either get parties to sign non-disclosure agreements, or simply keep your mouth shut and keep it to yourself.

"Loose lips, sink ships", and that goes both ways. Just saying that if one wants to share something on their terms, don't "scoop" it out to someone, keep it to yourself. At least you'll have complete control over said announcement.
Not related to the team other than casually, I'm choosing not to name them.... The issue in question wasn't a release of information in terms of "hey don't say anything yet, this is official though" causal convo, but more of "you only ask me the standard questions every week, I'm bored with you, yet, I'll still say stuff in confidence, as I'm being nice" type deal, and then some information got out that shouldn't have...deal was off at that point.

It's not Muscle Milk BTW..
Old 25 Jul 2015, 07:03 (Ref:3560692)   #43
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
About the original question, I have little preference. Both are different and have their place and I'm grateful that both are available to me. Both are constantly improving, are the results of a lot of effort by their editors/founders and giving new talent a chance.

It used to be difficult to find Sportscars news and reports, whereas now I can get two well-written perspectives on it. No complaints here!
Old 25 Jul 2015, 19:13 (Ref:3560904)   #44
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
Hawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I don't really have a preference in that I check them both everyday.
I like them both, for slightly different reasons.
They are similar, but different.
Old 26 Jul 2015, 00:42 (Ref:3561060)   #45
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'm actually completely shocked there are 3 pages of this thread. I didn't think there would be that much interest.
Old 27 Jul 2015, 09:24 (Ref:3561605)   #46
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
DSC for me, as they provide some decent coverage of British series that is difficult to find elsewhere. The free content nowadays is a big plus point, as is the live tweeting on some race days (can say the same for social media presence on this site and Facebook, although I admit I haven't checked if S365 may do the same)
Old 27 Jul 2015, 09:54 (Ref:3561612)   #47
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Swings and round abouts. DSC are brilliant, but like RLM have become an advertising bus for Nissan. Meanwhile S365 and John have been caught out quite a few times posting news they shouldn't post and even posting rumours as fact.

Neither site is perfect, but both are fantastic and important features of the sportscar world.
Old 27 Jul 2015, 14:03 (Ref:3561684)   #48
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
Swings and round abouts. DSC are brilliant, but like RLM have become an advertising bus for Nissan. Meanwhile S365 and John have been caught out quite a few times posting news they shouldn't post and even posting rumours as fact.

Neither site is perfect, but both are fantastic and important features of the sportscar world.
If it wasn't for Nissan sponsoring DSC we probably wouldn't have been enjoying their now all-free coverage!

Keep it up - both Graham and John! (and their ever hard working teams as well!)
Old 27 Jul 2015, 16:33 (Ref:3561723)   #49
jasonjessica09
Veteran

jasonjessica09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjasonjessica09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Ep View Post
If it wasn't for Nissan sponsoring DSC we probably wouldn't have been enjoying their now all-free coverage!

Keep it up - both Graham and John! (and their ever hard working teams as well!)
I agree. Ultimately I think it comes down to series. If WEC or British GT is your think DSC is better. S365 is good for IMSA and Blancpain GT.
Old 28 Jul 2015, 23:41 (Ref:3562055)   #50
BTCC 318d
Rookie

BTCC 318d has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Both are good - sc365 is more yank focussed, DSC is more euro focussed.
365 tends to bum imsa a bit too much. Dsc has a tendancy to bum Nissan a bit too much.
Understandable, considering both sites' funding / source of scoops. Dsc also have done some brilliant collaborations with Nissan though, taking 20 normal fans and getting them right in the thick of the action during wec rounds.

The best bit? Having the ability to choose the best of both - they're way ahead of most of the f1 sites in terms of actual content and not just soundbite cack, or fruitless speculation about driver seats for the next season, or some celebrity cack about eddie jordan's wig. iMO both 365, but even more so DSC / RLM are a huge, huge part of the success and popularity of the WEC / ELMs / TUSCC and not only should everyone involved in any of them should be proud of what they output, but we as punters should be greatful as well.