Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Motorsport History

Closed Thread

Old 17 Nov 2005, 22:30 (Ref:1463559)   #526
Bryan Miller
Veteran

Bryan Miller should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mr. Fellowes ,

Consider yourself excommunicated.

Mr. Miller.
Old 17 Nov 2005, 22:42 (Ref:1463574)   #527
Andrew Fellowes
Veteran

Australia
Tamborine Mountain, Qld. Australia
Andrew Fellowes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Confined to cloisters do instead?

Old 5 Mar 2006, 22:07 (Ref:1536939)   #528
Bryan Miller
Veteran

The problem with threads as long as this and the Chevron B29 one is I , and possibly others forget exactly where we are , a case in point being a BT29 I have been advised of landing in N.Z. recently , BT29-41 to be prescise , without trolling all the way back I am unable to remember if we know about this car.

History as advised is ex Alan Carlsberg , Dick Dougerty , Hatton , Frank Monise, B.Blackmore , spelling may not be correct on some names.

Importer/owner is Warwick Mortimer.

Bryan.
Old 6 Mar 2006, 09:53 (Ref:1537146)   #529
Chris Townsend
Veteran

United Kingdom
London
Chris Townsend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bryan

Most of this is new and useful stuff. We know this was Allan Karlberg's car in 1970 because the chassis number was given in a CP&A ad that season. Dick Doherty was a regular SCCA racer from LA who used a BT29 in 1971. He ran a March 722 in 1972 so gues that's where "Hatton" comes in. Frank Monise and Frank Monise Jr were again regulars in California SCCA [run a shop near Big Sur still I believe]. One of them [Jr?] runs a BT29 in 1975.
Some dates attached to the names would be useful but this looks like a solid Californian provenance

Chris
Old 6 Mar 2006, 21:04 (Ref:1537552)   #530
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
O.K, I've just created a new thread for those discussing a breakdown of this thread and 'stuck' it at the top of the page!
Old 7 Mar 2006, 22:00 (Ref:1539831)   #531
Bryan Miller
Veteran

And another one turns up , completely un molested , www.racecarsdirect.com has for sale BT35-46 , looks like it was put away in the 1970's and forgotten about.
The name on the advert is Claudio Stranges in Italy.
The car is in full F3 spec with airbox , MK 8/9 Hewland and 8''s and 10''s.

Bryan.
Old 8 Mar 2006, 11:00 (Ref:1540199)   #532
allenbrown
OldRacingCars.com
Veteran

allenbrown should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridallenbrown should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
John

Can you add posts 531 and 535 to the list for the new BT35 thread please.

Thanks

Allen
Old 8 Mar 2006, 11:16 (Ref:1540206)   #533
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Ok, I'm locking this for the moment because any posrs about the thereadsplit should be on the other thread, and I'm getting confused!
Old 12 Mar 2006, 13:25 (Ref:1545076)   #534
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Turner
Ok, I'm locking this for the moment because any posrs about the thereadsplit should be on the other thread, and I'm getting confused!
Old 15 Mar 2006, 07:56 (Ref:1549246)   #535
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
This thread has now been split into 9 separate threads relating to the specific chassis type designations and they will each appear under the title:-

'Brabham BT(type no.) - Chassis No. History'

This thread is now locked!
Closed Thread