Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > National & Club Racing

Old 19 Feb 2003, 12:07 (Ref:511492)   #1
Snapper Baz
Race Official
Veteran

England
Las Vegas, NV. USA
Snapper Baz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnapper Baz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
VW Cup-what a shame!

One of last years best championships will now (probably)be seen by very few! Having now been put on with the "Radical Road Show" I cant see hardly anybody wanting to make the effort to go and see them. A shame they couldn't have been given other alternatives...unless thats what they wanted?
Old 19 Feb 2003, 14:23 (Ref:511605)   #2
Patrick
Rookie

Patrick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What does everybody find so wrong with Radical racing. The races may be long but they are exciting and the cars themselves are brilliant. When they came to Castle Combe last season ( shame they aren't this year ) the biduro racers in particular put on some great racing. The VW Cup is also a brilliant championship. Personally I think they make a great combination and one that I must go and see this year.
Old 19 Feb 2003, 17:20 (Ref:511737)   #3
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Sorry - Radicals = time to go home or head to the bar... dire, dire, dire. Great fun, I'm sure, to race but painful to watch. zzzzzzzzzz
Old 19 Feb 2003, 18:55 (Ref:511822)   #4
brickkicker
Veteran

brickkicker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Have to agree they are a bit boring to watch and after the first few laps you start to nod off
Old 19 Feb 2003, 22:02 (Ref:511959)   #5
DSM
Veteran

DSM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Why are they so boring? Is it something inherent in the cars or the sort of people attracted to racing them?
Old 20 Feb 2003, 06:38 (Ref:512177)   #6
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
For me it's a mix. I love sprint races because of the action but these are not sprint races. I love Le Mans because of the noise, glamour and excitement but these are not Le Mans. I love bike racing because of the spills and thrills but these are not bikes.

In fact they're nothing in particular. They have taken elements from each example and... failed miserably. For me, anyway, I'm sure everyone else loves them
Old 20 Feb 2003, 13:53 (Ref:512388)   #7
Chris Gray
Racer

England
Lincolnshire
Chris Gray should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was sort of looking forward to the Superclub thingy when I first heard about it. However, the Radical Enduro race puts me off going (unless that is on the Saturday? Or is Saturday for practice/qualifying). Other than that the VWs and Caterhams would provide great racing.
Old 20 Feb 2003, 16:58 (Ref:512513)   #8
Chris Griffin
Racer

England
Theale, Berkshire, UK
Chris Griffin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sounds like Sports 2000 in the Eighties. Mind Numbing they were!
Old 20 Feb 2003, 17:12 (Ref:512522)   #9
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
VW Cup, Mighty Minis, Caterhams, Formula Saloons, Super Coupe Cup, Road Saloons, etc. There is a lot of quality series out there which would have made a real class package. But they go and put Radicals on the bill...
Old 20 Feb 2003, 21:14 (Ref:512775)   #10
Snapper Baz
Race Official
Veteran

England
Las Vegas, NV. USA
Snapper Baz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnapper Baz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It's back to that old chestnut again...it's not the spectators they are interested in-just those entry fee's...and I KNOW those Radicals are paying an absulute fortune for this not so "Super" weekend of racing!
Old 20 Feb 2003, 21:46 (Ref:512826)   #11
AndyF
Veteran

AndyF should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndyF should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yeah it is a shame. VW Cup is a great series - would have liked to see a few more guest races on the Tocatour or F3/GT again this year.
Old 21 Feb 2003, 21:33 (Ref:513682)   #12
EUROCARS
Rookie

United Kingdom
Kent
EUROCARS has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I never actually new that the Radicals were a championship, I assumed they were just some cheap and tacky lunch time entertainment.