Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

View Poll Results: Which driver combination will win the SuperCheap Auto Bathurst 1000?
#2 Pye/Luff WP HOLDEN 0 0%
#3 Russell/Douglas LDM HOLDEN 0 0%
#5 Winterbottom/Canto PRA FORD 0 0%
#6 Waters/Stanaway PRA FORD 2 4.00%
#7 T.Kelly/Le Brocq NisMo NISSAN 0 0%
#8 Percat/Jones BJR HOLDEN 0 0%
#9 Reynolds/Youlden Erebus HOLDEN 1 2.00%
#12 Coulthard/D'Alberto DJRTP FORD 2 4.00%
#14 Slade/Walsh BJR HOLDEN 1 2.00%
#15 R.Kelly/Wall NisMo NISSAN 0 0%
#17 McLaughlin/Premat DJRTP FORD 15 30.00%
#18 Holdsworth/Reindler CSR HOLDEN 0 0%
#19 W.Davison/Webb Tekno HOLDEN 0 0%
#21 Blanchard/Hazelwood TBR HOLDEN 0 0%
#22 Courtney/Perkins WP HOLDEN 1 2.00%
#23 Caruso/Fiore NisMo NISSAN 0 0%
#33 Tander/Golding GRM HOLDEN 3 6.00%
#34 Moffat/Muscat GRM HOLDEN 1 2.00%
#55 Mostert/Owen PRA FORD 5 10.00%
#56 Bright/Jacobson PRA FORD 1 2.00%
#62 Rullo/A.Davison LDM HOLDEN 0 0%
#78 de Silvestro/D.Russell NisMo NISSAN 0 0%
#88 Whincup/Dumbrell 888 HOLDEN 8 16.00%
#97 van Gisbergen/Campbell 888 HOLDEN 7 14.00%
#99 Wood/Pither Erebus 888 HOLDEN 1 2.00%
#888 Lowndes/Richards 888 HOLDEN 2 4.00%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

Old 9 Oct 2017, 03:14 (Ref:3773123)   #276
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzle View Post
Don't have Instagram, any chance of a screenshot?

Some sparkle missing from the team owner's drive also..
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 9 Oct 2017, 04:09 (Ref:3773125)   #277
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourer View Post
TV & crowd release from VASC: Decent numbers
Might have missed the connection but MediaWeek quotes the average audience as 1.2million viewers where as V8SC quotes 1.8million in the article? Any idea why or where the gap is?

Additionally how did the 17 figures compare to 2016 and 2015?

Interestingly - if you read the comments in the linked article you provided, there is a suggestion that V8SC removed comments from posters which didnt align to their narrative. When did V8SC try and become State Media?
Old 9 Oct 2017, 04:31 (Ref:3773129)   #278
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Perth WA (south of the river)
Sandgroper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by one five five View Post
Is it really?

Everyone has been talking about 2m03 second laps all weekend, infact SM's best sectors indicated he could have done one in practice. The commentators were basically telling us a 2m03 was coming all shootout

In 2003 all the talk was about maybe getting into the 2m07 bracket at some point over the weekend, and then Murphy went and pulled out a 2m06 lap which no one had ever mentioned as a possibility, and it was more than a second quicker than anyone else in the session
How could you not be impressed by that lap? I mean really?

First and only person into the 3s, is impressive in my book and yes Im sure its bound to be beaten again at some stage but the pressure was on and he did it. Good for him I say.
Old 9 Oct 2017, 04:52 (Ref:3773131)   #279
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.R.T. View Post
Might have missed the connection but MediaWeek quotes the average audience as 1.2million viewers where as V8SC quotes 1.8million in the article? Any idea why or where the gap is?

Interestingly - if you read the comments in the linked article you provided, there is a suggestion that V8SC removed comments from posters which didnt align to their narrative. When did V8SC try and become State Media?
Perhaps they're counting the 600K viewers who watched the illegal live streams?
Old 9 Oct 2017, 05:05 (Ref:3773133)   #280
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:

No idea re MediaWeek - the VASC article mentions 10, Fox & WIN, MediaWeek seems to split them up and not show regional numbers that I can see, that could be where the difference comes from. It's not mentioned but maybe VASC include streaming figures too?

No idea re previous years and frankly don't really care too much, just posted the info when I saw it.

VASC wouldn't be the first to moderate comments, I see plenty of complaints about that on Fairfax news sites for example. Personally not a fan of it but VASC is not Robinson Crusoe if they are in fact doing it. Posts removed may have been abusive, rude or incorrect, who knows?
Old 9 Oct 2017, 05:11 (Ref:3773134)   #281
Terry S
Racer

Terry S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Crowd numbers

The crowd numbers they post don't seem to make sense or be believable!

They say there was 205,700 over the 4 days, and 56,000 on Sunday.

That means the average over the other three days was 49,900 per day.

I don't believe it.

The crowd looked few and far between on Thursday and Friday on TV.
Old 9 Oct 2017, 05:31 (Ref:3773136)   #282
Alan52
Veteran

Australia
Glenmore Park
Alan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAlan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry S View Post
Crowd numbers

The crowd numbers they post don't seem to make sense or be believable!

They say there was 205,700 over the 4 days, and 56,000 on Sunday.

That means the average over the other three days was 49,900 per day.

I don't believe it.

The crowd looked few and far between on Thursday and Friday on TV.
When I got there Friday my first impression was that the crowd was a bit smaller but then Saturday and Sunday were big.Saturday in particular was huge for that day.Worth repeating that those numbers don't necessarily mean that people were there just that a ticket/pass was issued.
Old 9 Oct 2017, 05:39 (Ref:3773137)   #283
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Thursday was also strong for crowds, certainly one of the strongest I have seen in 20+ years of going to the big hill.

As always, you just had to be there...
Old 9 Oct 2017, 05:41 (Ref:3773138)   #284
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Broken Valve Diagnosed on #88

Two 'warranty claims' on KRE this year, the #88 and the PHR #18

It's actually the second Bathurst in a row PHR has lost an engine in the race.
That kind of thing just isn't expected now..
Old 9 Oct 2017, 05:42 (Ref:3773139)   #285
Phillip Ireland
Rookie

Phillip Ireland should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
[QUOTE=GTRMagic;3772949]Another standout of the day for me was SdS... she was banging doors early in with the likes of Lowndes and co, and not being conservative and sitting back and waiting. If the engine was better, who knows what would happen /QUOTE]

Good call ! She didn't take a backward step even in the poxiest of conditions and was unlucky to finish her day that way : even so, the crowd gave her a generous round of applause as she jogged away from the car and although it's hard to know just how good or bad the car is, she has never once grumbled about it and just pressed on all season. I'm sure this time last year she was just The Chick In The Datsun to the hill dwellers but she has done enough to show she can pedal, for sure. Top effort, and a pretty fair job by Russell as well.
Old 9 Oct 2017, 06:10 (Ref:3773147)   #286
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
No idea re MediaWeek - the VASC article mentions 10, Fox & WIN, MediaWeek seems to split them up and not show regional numbers that I can see, that could be where the difference comes from. It's not mentioned but maybe VASC include streaming figures too?

No idea re previous years and frankly don't really care too much, just posted the info when I saw it.
So you don't really care about the context in which is was posted - but in the same breath you are happy to comment on it as "good numbers" ?

Quote:
VASC wouldn't be the first to moderate comments, I see plenty of complaints about that on Fairfax news sites for example. Personally not a fan of it but VASC is not Robinson Crusoe if they are in fact doing it. Posts removed may have been abusive, rude or incorrect, who knows?
Not sure how asking questions of figures presented crosses any of the boundaries you have sighted there. It does suggest a certain defensive from V8SC around the subject though which is concerning.
Old 9 Oct 2017, 06:13 (Ref:3773149)   #287
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
A top 10 finish for the #78 would've been a huge result.

I reckon the fatigue was setting in for SDS, given it was such a rookie error. Same could be said for a lot of the maingame drivers yesterday. Hopefully SDS draws on the postives from her stints, and has the car further up the field more often in future. A 5 second year-on-year gain in lap speed should not be ignored.
Old 9 Oct 2017, 07:32 (Ref:3773159)   #288
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
A top 10 finish for the #78 would've been a huge result.

I reckon the fatigue was setting in for SDS, given it was such a rookie error. Same could be said for a lot of the maingame drivers yesterday. Hopefully SDS draws on the postives from her stints, and has the car further up the field more often in future. A 5 second year-on-year gain in lap speed should not be ignored.
More than possible fatigue was in the mix.

SdS had been passed by T.Kelly and was struggling to keep up down the straights... and had set a couple of her car's fastest laps of the day just before bending it....
Old 9 Oct 2017, 08:17 (Ref:3773163)   #289
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
SdS Owns Her Driving Error
Old 9 Oct 2017, 08:48 (Ref:3773169)   #290
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by champcarman View Post
I reckon watch out for the Reynolds/Youlden combo at the mountain .

Dave is usually strong at MP and Luke is a reliable and quick co - driver. The Erebus car as been quick plenty of times this year but for some reason seems to fade in the races. If this is a tyre life thing then this should notbe a factor at tyre friendly Mount Panorama on the hard 2016 tyre.
I say. Good call Champcarman.
26-1 took your advice cheers (shame i only bet small amounts for fun)
Old 9 Oct 2017, 09:14 (Ref:3773172)   #291
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
So you don't really care about the context in which is was posted - but in the same breath you are happy to comment on it as "good numbers" ?

Not sure how asking questions of figures presented crosses any of the boundaries you have sighted there. It does suggest a certain defensive from V8SC around the subject though which is concerning.
If you're going to quote me, at least make an attempt to be accurate please. I did not comment on it as "good numbers" but I DID use the words "Decent numbers" in the link, which is accurate - regardless of how those numbers might compare to previous years. The event drew good viewer numbers in the context of what else was going to air on Sunday, so "Decent" seems like an apt description to me.

Unless you read the comments prior to them being removed, you have no idea whether asking questions of the figures was the only thing posted or whether the post was somewhat rude or abusive. If you saw the post, good on you but otherwise you have zero idea on why it was deleted by VASC. The poster concerned has re-posted those numbers, this time without URLs, which is why the posts were removed by a moderator. Without the URLs, the posts have been left there.

Last edited by Tourer; 9 Oct 2017 at 09:39.
Old 9 Oct 2017, 09:20 (Ref:3773174)   #292
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Well Im back. Had a great weekend away, Its bathurst, hard not too.

Got away Thursday lunch time and back tonight, Its a long weekend.

Caught up with Average Punter which was great, showed him the delights of the grandstand, although I must admit, Not as fun in the rain, Cant use umbrellas except for the back row (where we had built a lovely pergola from items sourced form the Supercheap Shop

That was ripper pole lap from Scotty, no it wasnt Lap of the Gods, But its the next best thing we have and was a joy to watch and be part of (we got on TV too ) Much respect for it from fans and team. great story for re-telling in the future. Loved rewatching it at the pub that evening, couldnt help think of wise counsel from Harry Hogge - Loose is fast and on the edge of out of control. Scotty certainly was committed.

Shame the race was so wet. Probably took a bit from it with so much wet running and so slow as a result, But strategy was interesting. DJR 12 with the early pit which messed with their placement all day, Came back at the right time of the day though
Ritchie Stanaway. Said it after Sandown, will say it again, where not when. Jackobson, also impressive, hope he gets a drive soon.
The little team that could. Erebus, coped a lot of bagging over the years (much of it on this forum) but they stood tall and drove great races, It was no fluke, there all day, fast in practise and qualifying.

Championship is certainly open, Good thing, Bring on the Gold Coast

What a great crowd, especially on such a wet day, But all weekend

already have next years ticket
Old 9 Oct 2017, 09:29 (Ref:3773177)   #293
banksie
Racer

Australia
Victoria
banksie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

VASC are including Ten, Fox and Win figures combined. MediaWeek certainly wouldn't include Win.

Hard to measure last year to this straight up, largely due to the late/different finish. From what I can roughly read, Ten's figures for the race are down a over 100K, but Fox seem to be up a little over 100K for the race. If I've read the program coding correctly.

It does reflect the general slower adoption of Foxtel for Supercar fans. But the audience has moved there.
Old 9 Oct 2017, 09:49 (Ref:3773180)   #294
ford71
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide
ford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yep another ripper Great Race.
Big congrats to David, Luke and Erebus, Huge effort and happy to see them win (still a shame he never took the win in 2012!)

Lowlights include Frostys DNF on Lap 160, Simona's mistake not long before Frostys and of course Scottys bad luck after a mega impressive lead up.
Old 9 Oct 2017, 10:17 (Ref:3773189)   #295
fomoco
Veteran

Australia
Bris Vages southside
fomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridfomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What a weekend,
But one big downer:

Tim Slade:

Tim was serverly sick, he shouldn't have been allowed to continue in the state he was in.
But under Supercars rules, a driver must complete x laps and not exceed a driving time.

Supercars waffle safety for all competitors, public, employee's and volunteers;Yet they did not step in and say ,hey get him out of the car, this is dangerous.

What did they want, a major incident. Who is the medical chief , scared to overide Tim (I am a demigod )schenken.
TO hell with safety when it makes good tv and bums on seats.

So much for "duty of care in a workplace"
Old 9 Oct 2017, 10:23 (Ref:3773190)   #296
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by fomoco View Post
What a weekend,
But one big downer:

Tim Slade:

Tim was serverly sick, he shouldn't have been allowed to continue in the state he was in.
But under Supercars rules, a driver must complete x laps and not exceed a driving time.

Supercars waffle safety for all competitors, public, employee's and volunteers;Yet they did not step in and say ,hey get him out of the car, this is dangerous.

What did they want, a major incident. Who is the medical chief , scared to overide Tim (I am a demigod )schenken.
TO hell with safety when it makes good tv and bums on seats.

So much for "duty of care in a workplace"
The team could have withdrawn the car...
Old 9 Oct 2017, 10:35 (Ref:3773194)   #297
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....

Would a heating element in the front screen cause the plastic to melt?
Old 9 Oct 2017, 10:36 (Ref:3773196)   #298
Umai Naa
Veteran

Most like to cause it to mishapen and discolour.
Old 9 Oct 2017, 10:36 (Ref:3773197)   #299
MattV
Racer

Australia
Sydney
MattV should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
24 hours on has there been report on Tim's condition?

Hope he is recovering well.
Old 9 Oct 2017, 10:52 (Ref:3773199)   #300
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattV View Post
24 hours on has there been report on Tim's condition?

Hope he is recovering well.