Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 29 Jan 2002, 02:18 (Ref:206080)   #1
Radisichrox
Veteran

United States
New York
Radisichrox should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What were your thoughts this time last year?

What were you thinking this time last year? Did you think the BTCC was going down the drain? Look at the racing we've got now, and compare it to the boredom of Super Touring!
Old 29 Jan 2002, 09:06 (Ref:206153)   #2
Eddie_harasym
Veteran

Eddie_harasym should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well I was looking forward to a new start in Touring cars Of course I was sceptical, who wasn't?

But the season didn't dissapoint did it?

As for ST's being boring, I dissagree, evan with only 3 manufacturers there was still some goood moments.
Old 29 Jan 2002, 09:15 (Ref:206157)   #3
MJB RETURNS
Racer

MJB RETURNS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
boredom?i never thought radisishrox would say that!my thoughts was "cant wait till new season"ok,not many cars but it will get better and imop it did
Old 29 Jan 2002, 12:11 (Ref:206205)   #4
Radisichrox
Veteran

United States
New York
Oops... I typed that when I was about to go to sleep last night so my senses may have been off!

I was thinking that the BTCC was in trouble, with only 2 manufacturers, with none of the "good old boys" who I was so familiar with, maybe except Steve Soper, who I wasn't too familiar with, yet. I wasn't expecting the fantastic racing that did turn out from this year, and I was extremely impressed when I watched the review video this year (remember it's my only way of seeing the BTCC racing).

As for ST being boring, I was wrong. It can, and usually did provide great racing, but the lack of overtaking chances and less teams racing turns me off. I suppose with just 3 manufacturers you coult get some good racing but like I said, as ST got into it's later stages it got harder to pass and thus, for me, the TV viewer, got a little boring. But, you all have been to a race or two, and being at the race is nothing compared to TV!
Old 29 Jan 2002, 12:46 (Ref:206216)   #5
nicker less
Racer

Seychelles
nicker less should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This time last year, I was waiting for a Vauxhall and Peugeot fight for the championship. And with MG coming in towards the end I was expecting a bad first half of the year and a brilliant championship towards the end. But the Peugeot challenge never happened.

But with the production class, I was never worried about a lack of cars overall.
Old 29 Jan 2002, 14:42 (Ref:206262)   #6
MJC
Rookie

MJC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looking forward to an emasculated Championship. These new racers simply aren't in the same league as the Super Tourers. They look quite nice though!

p.s. I think my road car could take the Peugeot.
Old 29 Jan 2002, 15:45 (Ref:206273)   #7
Radisichrox
Veteran

United States
New York
Quote:
Originally posted by nicker less

But with the production class, I was never worried about a lack of cars overall.
I agree, they're as exciting, if not more than the Tourers!