Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 14 Sep 2004, 16:04 (Ref:1096435)   #51
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
"Never plan the year to come without knowing the LM planning", that's my motto !

Last edited by Fab; 14 Sep 2004 at 16:04.
Old 15 Sep 2004, 17:53 (Ref:1097491)   #52
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quite right Fab - they year has to be planned around the most important weekend.....
Old 15 Sep 2004, 21:24 (Ref:1097669)   #53
BillandLara
Racer

BillandLara should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This has had me worried, but luckily I haven't had to enter my 2005 leave dates yet.

The problem is the ferry prices though, it seems they have caught on and prices are unsettled at the moment. I suppose I will still end up waiting 'til April for the booking and sifting around for the cheapest crossing. (Who said Harwich to St Petersburg? Coo? Imagine what a trek that would be once on dry land.)

I'm trying to organise for five or six cars the next time round. Do we know if Houx Annexe will still be available or do I have to try for MB or pot luck?

Bill
Old 16 Sep 2004, 08:39 (Ref:1097958)   #54
Nordic
Veteran

England
West Sussex
Nordic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The best guess is that the Houx Annexe will be available, if you ask the ACO they will say they don't know, just tickets won't confirm a booking for the annexe yet as they beleive it won't and the site will be a building site.

P&O will not confrim prices yet as the company is reviewing the entire fleet so some crossings may not be available next year, and some new routes may be created with 'fastcraft'.
The other companies will react to whatever P&O do so I would be very cautious booking a crossing now.

Hoverspeed will not publish a timetable for a couple of weeks yet.
The only thing that is certain is they will know when the dates for LM are, and the prices may be flexible around then.

The other thing to consider is that the dates are not set in stone yet. The ACO may want the new dates, the teams may be happy with the new dates but the FIA have the final say so.
Old 16 Sep 2004, 08:43 (Ref:1097960)   #55
Gilles
Racer

European Union
Le Manshire - the 87th British county
Gilles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Concerning Campsite, they won't probably stay open between the end of PQ and the beginning of the race week.

You can still paln a pitch a few days on a public campsite along the Loir river.

... it's not the taking part but the winning that counts !
Old 16 Sep 2004, 13:47 (Ref:1098274)   #56
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Whether set in stone or not, the ACO has them on their website:

http://www.lemans.org/univers_sport/...r_2005_gb.html
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James
Old 16 Sep 2004, 14:12 (Ref:1098285)   #57
TimD
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire Peak District, United Kingdom
TimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Just found out for myself that SeaFrance aren't selling any crossings yet. I should have read todays posts in this thread first!
Old 16 Sep 2004, 14:22 (Ref:1098296)   #58
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I believe that Le Mans wouldn't be half as much fun if it was easy to get the tickets you wanted.

It's like watching the Lottery Show (except without that TFC Eamon Holmes), you send in your application to the ACO and then have six months of nail biting turmoil until your confirmation letter pops through the letter box. It keeps the fun alive all year round.
Old 16 Sep 2004, 18:43 (Ref:1098588)   #59
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I had a look at the P&O website the other night and I managed to get a quote for crossing next June.

Oh and one other thing my leave for next June has been approved today.....
Old 16 Sep 2004, 19:47 (Ref:1098656)   #60
Paddy_NL
Racer

Netherlands
Rotterdam, NL
Paddy_NL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Guy Humpage
I believe that Le Mans wouldn't be half as much fun if it was easy to get the tickets you wanted.

It's like watching the Lottery Show (except without that TFC Eamon Holmes), you send in your application to the ACO and then have six months of nail biting turmoil until your confirmation letter pops through the letter box. It keeps the fun alive all year round.
Well, I disagree on that a little. Maybe they cannot confirm prices yet, but they can see quite quickly whether a camping is full or not. On one side I presume I will get the camping I ordered, having booked beginning July. On the other side, I hope their invoice will arrive aswell. The country on the confirmation letter said Rayome Uni
Old 16 Sep 2004, 20:16 (Ref:1098692)   #61
Paddy_NL
Racer

Netherlands
Rotterdam, NL
Quote:
Originally posted by Gilles
Concerning Campsite, they won't probably stay open between the end of PQ and the beginning of the race week.
Can/should we ask the ACO?
Old 17 Sep 2004, 08:07 (Ref:1099008)   #62
Gilles
Racer

European Union
Le Manshire - the 87th British county
Gilles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Paddy_NL
Can/should we ask the ACO?
You could, but as you already pay for extra days if you arrive before wednesday, I let you imagine the bill !!!!

... it's not the taking part but the winning that counts !
Old 17 Sep 2004, 08:30 (Ref:1099023)   #63
Paddy_NL
Racer

Netherlands
Rotterdam, NL
:confused:

Got there the Monday afternoon before last LM-race, never had to pay extra...
Old 17 Sep 2004, 08:34 (Ref:1099024)   #64
bgeorge104
Racer

United Kingdom
London, UK
bgeorge104 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Policing of this seemed a bit patchy, a friend paid extra to get on Houx but we didn't, go figure?
Old 18 Sep 2004, 14:15 (Ref:1100186)   #65
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by paul-collins
Whether set in stone or not, the ACO has them on their website:

http://www.lemans.org/univers_sport/...r_2005_gb.html
Yes, it seems to be official now.

And it became the Two Weeks of Le Mans.