Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 19 Aug 2006, 18:43 (Ref:1686718)   #1
daj
Racer

daj should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Norman Ricketts 1602 ?

Hello ,

I am just being nosy , I noticed Normans 1602 in the HGTCC race on the tv the other week , I was just interested in the spec of the car ?? Does Norman post on here? Or does anyone know anything about the car?

Cheers

Daj
Old 20 Aug 2006, 05:31 (Ref:1686920)   #2
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I know it is seriously quick.

It has a 2002 engine and mostly lightweight panels. It's built to the old Classic Touring Car regs. Norman is one of the nicer blokes in the paddock. Why not talk to him next time you go to a CTCRC event? He may also be running that car in the Spa 6hrs support races in September.
Old 20 Aug 2006, 11:49 (Ref:1687253)   #3
graham bahr
Veteran

England
cambs
graham bahr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgraham bahr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i very vaguely know norman ( ok i raced against him once) a very nice man.

yes his car is very well prepared it has a 2.1 lester owen engine (who i know slightly better having bought quite a few bits off him over the years) with lots of steel internals, forged pistons and most omportantly steel rocker arms ( alloy ones break ruglary at race revs), very nice very powerfull very expensive

its not speed thats dangerous, just the sudden lack of it!
Old 20 Aug 2006, 11:53 (Ref:1687255)   #4
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
*very jealous* ^
Old 20 Aug 2006, 12:22 (Ref:1687283)   #5
daj
Racer

daj should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Starting to make sense now !! It was actually my dad that saw the race and told me as I have just come back from holiday and I couldnt quite believe that a 1602 was running so quick!!
Old 20 Aug 2006, 14:22 (Ref:1687380)   #6
graham bahr
Veteran

England
cambs
graham bahr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgraham bahr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
you cant knock those old 02's, mine with only 197bhp and 850kg plus driver would lap brands indy in 55's without too much difficulty, i got my 02 upto 208bhp in the end, my engine which was DIY using some lester owen bits, but mostly home modifed std stuff, a lester owen 2.1 is likely to be 215-220bhp

its not speed thats dangerous, just the sudden lack of it!
Old 20 Aug 2006, 18:53 (Ref:1687620)   #7
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
I don't feel so bad about him beating me now if its 2 litre plus, odd thing BMW called them 1602's was'nt it?
Old 23 Aug 2006, 19:41 (Ref:1689930)   #8
Dex
Racer

Dex should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i *think* it would have started life as a 1600 - but then was modified to 2.1 (i could be wrong)

i think it was at Oulton park at the start of august for the CTCRC meet - so i've probably got some shots of it, but can't remember what colour/number it was...
Old 23 Aug 2006, 19:52 (Ref:1689940)   #9
Dex
Racer

Dex should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm thinking this is the car - At Oulton park on 5th August showing a DTM Astra the way round...

Old 23 Aug 2006, 21:12 (Ref:1689991)   #10
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dex
I'm thinking this is the car - At Oulton park on 5th August showing a DTM Astra the way round...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dex
i *think* it would have started life as a 1600 - but then was modified to 2.1 (i could be wrong)

i think it was at Oulton park at the start of august for the CTCRC meet - so i've probably got some shots of it, but can't remember what colour/number it was...
No I think you are wrong, I think its somethingto do with German tax rules in the same way as they produced a 1600 VW Beetle called oddly enough the 1302.