Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 19 Oct 2001, 17:50 (Ref:163021)   #1
Invincible
Racer

New Zealand-Maori
Warrington
Invincible should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
5 Reasons why the BTCC SHOULDN'T be on ITV!

1. ITV will show as many ads as possible

2. The theme music will be long as possible

3. James Allen might replace Coxy in the commentary box

4. Beverley Turner will go round nagging the drivers

5. If ITV get the deal there is a possibility it could go on the Sport Channel on Digital!
Old 19 Oct 2001, 17:55 (Ref:163026)   #2
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
Something tells me that if ITV got the job of covering BTCC it would be on ITV1, possibly repeated on ITV2 laster in the day and during the week. As for the others, you could well be right. The BBC seem to have lost interest in Motor Sport generally and with Murray's retirement maybe it would be a better program if ITV did it? I appreciate adverts are a pain in the a*se, but that's life and we in the UK have been spoilt for years by the BBC's refusal to accept commercial cash to run their stations.
Old 19 Oct 2001, 19:19 (Ref:163045)   #3
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Ads aren't realy a problem in pre-recorded coverage and as TOCA don't want live coverage just yet it's not realy an issue at all.

As far as I know Cox and Watson are employed by Octagon not by the BBC, and it's Octagon would will still produce the coverage. That said I still think they should let me and Alan Hyde do the commentary.

We were told by Richard West that Dawn McDaniel would still be part of the team, although we do know that Octagon were auditioning other presenters (possibily for this). Lorna and I know one of the people who applied and she would make an excellent replacement, a proper motorsports enthusiast not just a pretty face.
Old 19 Oct 2001, 22:40 (Ref:163105)   #4
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
What about including Ben Edwards. He has Octagon connections through the BH Racing School?
Old 20 Oct 2001, 10:16 (Ref:163204)   #5
Eddie_harasym
Veteran

Eddie_harasym should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Could we be seeing a return of Walker on ITV?.

After all I thought he only retired from F1 cos he didn't want to travel all over the World anymore?
Old 20 Oct 2001, 11:45 (Ref:163223)   #6
MJB RETURNS
Racer

MJB RETURNS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
dont worry, if they do get rid of cox n watty then we all can start a protest.they r much better then allan n bundle.we should no what is going on in november.