Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Road Car Forums > Classic Cars

Old 8 Nov 2002, 12:07 (Ref:424526)   #76
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
hmmm . . .Ill have to conduct some tests on the next company/hire car I get my hands on

a colleague here is getting rid of his Alfa spider GTV 3.0l thing . . .says he cant stand the bump steer of FWD . . . .I think paying a mortgage size insurance premium is another consideration though!
Old 8 Nov 2002, 13:09 (Ref:424565)   #77
alfasud
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
alfasud should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by zefarelly
a colleague here is getting rid of his Alfa spider GTV 3.0l thing . . .says he cant stand the bump steer of FWD
Bump steer? Does he mean torque steer? That is true of many FWD's depending on design/development and power output.

The thing with the lift off oversteer is that some cars develop it in a progressive way, and others understeer, then snap into oversteer, which is not a good thing!!! Make sure you've got space for your testing!!!!!
Old 8 Nov 2002, 13:32 (Ref:424578)   #78
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
yes, sorry, torque steer . . . . .agreed, the roundabout at the flyover in Shoreham is quite wide

not that I'd know as I always tootle round at 25mph

didnt the wombles do a song about this . . . .under steer, oversteer, sliding quite free, the drifters of Wimbledon common are we . . . . .

I'll get me coat
Old 9 Nov 2002, 14:52 (Ref:425131)   #79
Ian Smith
Racer

England
Tamworth Staff's
Ian Smith should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think we are missing the point about classics, A classic is anythink somebody cherishes and protects and when its old enough is called a classic. Lets face it who would have considered such cars as Austin/Morris 1100, 2CV's,Mk.1-2-3 or 4 Cortina's, Vauxhall Victors or Crestas Etc. Etc. at the time they were in production. Only time will tell.
Old 9 Nov 2002, 15:29 (Ref:425142)   #80
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I consider the Mk2 golf a modern classic.
Old 11 Nov 2002, 13:53 (Ref:426392)   #81
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
interesting that the MOndeo came top of the list on Top gear last night . . . .beat the BMW round the track . . . .with FWD . . .in the wet
Old 11 Nov 2002, 14:25 (Ref:426413)   #82
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Yeah but dunsfold suits the mondeo, surrey - its mondeo man country so it was always going to go well.
Old 11 Nov 2002, 15:07 (Ref:426435)   #83
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
ahh, I hadnt considered that . . . . .so what should I drive (if not cortinas) living in Sussex!

and whats a typical Crystal Palace car?
Old 11 Nov 2002, 15:37 (Ref:426447)   #84
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
In sussex? a late model hatch or mummy and daddys bentley. Or if you are in Bexhill a ciroen Visa GTi, typical palace car? Golfs.
Old 11 Nov 2002, 16:54 (Ref:426482)   #85
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
If Im forced into company car land, Im rooting for a Skoda Octavia RS

I wouldnt even consider driving anything on the current company list! (vauxhalls and the odd low end volvo)

Id have thought the CP boys'd be into R5 GT turbos too

dunno abnout Bentleys . . . . .too many 4x4's around though
Old 11 Nov 2002, 21:29 (Ref:426634)   #86
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
that is true about the renualts many of the 'raiders' think that thier french sh*tboxes will out do richard burns in his WRC on any stage in the world. However Beckenham being a dull suburban area the golf is king. 1s, 2s, 3s, 4s GTis Cls, GLs, Drivers, the lot but the n it is an everyday classic!
Old 12 Nov 2002, 09:47 (Ref:426908)   #87
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
we seem to jave our fair share of 'smokin' hot hatches

I have seen locally a hot hatch turbo smoke machine (mazda 323 perhaps?), obviously sprayed outside with rattle cans in electric blue (matt finish), the lad hasnt even masked the lights, just T-cutted the lenses after . . . . . .pure class