Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 26 Aug 2009, 17:27 (Ref:2528720)   #26
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonerz View Post
Great video, and cool pics. Hopefully this is a ramp up to being the bee in the bonnet of Corvette Racing. To paraphrase Robin Miller, racing needs hate.

Chris
I hear what your saying, but Lou has done a lot for the Corvette community and makes a living of it. It puts vette fans in a slightly awkward position... I wish they'd get along.
Old 26 Aug 2009, 20:58 (Ref:2528813)   #27
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
would be great to see Lou beat at least one of the factory cars, tho.
Old 26 Aug 2009, 21:06 (Ref:2528824)   #28
Canada ALMS fan
Veteran

Canada
Calgary, Canada
Canada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
would be great to see Lou beat at least one of the factory cars, tho.
Especially since P&M is said to be offering customer cars next year, after GM promised Riley (and Lou mortgaged his house to buy one) they wouldn't build a GT2 with P&M.
Old 1 Sep 2009, 14:51 (Ref:2532524)   #29
old man
Veteran

England
UK
old man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridold man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridold man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canada ALMS fan View Post
Especially since P&M is said to be offering customer cars next year, after GM promised Riley (and Lou mortgaged his house to buy one) they wouldn't build a GT2 with P&M.
Is there any quoteable source for this, they have never been great at selling cars in the past
Old 4 Sep 2009, 01:29 (Ref:2534158)   #30
1969MGCGTdriver
Racer

United States
Orlando, FL, USA
1969MGCGTdriver should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by old man View Post
Is there any quoteable source for this, they have never been great at selling cars in the past
It was mentioned during the SPEED broadcast by one of the commentators.
Old 9 Sep 2009, 05:34 (Ref:2536864)   #31
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Video chronology of rebuild plus the shake down at The Glen. Here

L.P.
Old 10 Sep 2009, 21:04 (Ref:2538065)   #32
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Now on youtube for those that do not wish to download it. Here

L.P.
Old 14 Sep 2009, 16:12 (Ref:2540558)   #33
old man
Veteran

England
UK
old man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridold man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridold man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Further to my queries on the availablity of GT2 Corvettes, I spoke to someone with impeccable team connections who did not expect to see many as they are extreeeeemly expensive!
Old 14 Sep 2009, 16:25 (Ref:2540569)   #34
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Quote:
Further to my queries on the availablity of GT2 Corvettes, I spoke to someone with impeccable team connections who did not expect to see many as they are extreeeeemly expensive!
Sorry, but how does cost, affect availability? It doesn't. It may affect how many are bought, but that is a totally different subject.

L.P.
Old 14 Sep 2009, 23:25 (Ref:2540851)   #35
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG View Post
Sorry, but how does cost, affect availability? It doesn't. It may affect how many are bought, but that is a totally different subject.

L.P.
How does availability enter the discussion? The number you see is the number that are bought.
Old 15 Sep 2009, 00:56 (Ref:2540881)   #36
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmk View Post
How does availability enter the discussion? The number you see is the number that are bought.
Hmm, how about it was the subject of discussion in the posts concerned!

L.P.
Old 15 Sep 2009, 21:32 (Ref:2541545)   #37
carsten66
Veteran

Germany
Heidelberg, Germany
carsten66 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Now on youtube for those that do not wish to download it. Here

L.P.

Thank's, great stuff... and I hope they get a great run at PLM. By far the Vette's and AM's Gt cars have quite simply the best sound...

A little bit of topic: Also the music fits well with the video but cant remember the name, anyone who knows?
Old 16 Sep 2009, 01:45 (Ref:2541638)   #38
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Hmm, how about it was the subject of discussion in the posts concerned!

L.P.
Surely we can agree that the more relevant issue is how many turn up, something which is clearly informed by their cost as much as their technical 'availability'. After all, something purchasable for $10 million a chassis is technically 'available' but that would have little bearing on functional availability to race teams. I'm being hyperbolic, of course, but I think the information he reported is too germane to be brushed off as semantics, something I failed to communicate accurately myself.
Old 16 Sep 2009, 02:06 (Ref:2541641)   #39
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmk View Post
Surely we can agree that the more relevant issue is how many turn up, something which is clearly informed by their cost as much as their technical 'availability'. After all, something purchasable for $10 million a chassis is technically 'available' but that would have little bearing on functional availability to race teams. I'm being hyperbolic, of course, but I think the information he reported is too germane to be brushed off as semantics, something I failed to communicate accurately myself.
Firstly it was an asked and answered situation, including pms. That the price could be prohibitive is not being denied nor deemed as irrelevant, as was alluded to in my post;
Quote:
It may affect how many are bought, but that is a totally different subject.
So where was it brushed off? As semantics or anything else.

L.P.
Old 16 Sep 2009, 04:11 (Ref:2541674)   #40
AndrewF31
Veteran

Canada
Spain
AndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Firstly it was an asked and answered situation, including pms. That the price could be prohibitive is not being denied nor deemed as irrelevant, as was alluded to in my post; So where was it brushed off? As semantics or anything else.

L.P.
GM and P&M won't build 8 chassis (or whatever the number of C6.Rs), like they did for GT1, if there aren't teams interested in buying them, don't you think?

So the cost of building is somewhat linked with the selling price.
Old 16 Sep 2009, 04:41 (Ref:2541690)   #41
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewF31 View Post
GM and P&M won't build 8 chassis (or whatever the number of C6.Rs), like they did for GT1, if there aren't teams interested in buying them, don't you think?
Well I do not know where that idea was fostered, but..

This is a thread on the LG Motorsports Riley built GT-2 Corvette, which has nothing to do with the P&M version. I suggest if this conversation is to continue that we take it up in the thread for that car Here . I really do not think that it is very thoughtful to have that discussion in this thread considering the relationship between the parties.

L.P.
Old 16 Sep 2009, 15:35 (Ref:2542104)   #42
old man
Veteran

England
UK
I will comment as requested and try to get the wording right
Old 17 Sep 2009, 03:17 (Ref:2542555)   #43
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Lou will have Tomy Drissi in the car with him for Petit, Eric Curran may be the other driver filling out the roster. Here J. Dagys piece

L.P.
Old 17 Sep 2009, 11:25 (Ref:2542724)   #44
dxk1
Veteran

United States
Annapolis
dxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Lou will have Tomy Drissi in the car with him for Petit, Eric Curran may be the other driver filling out the roster. Here J. Dagys piece
L.P.
Well if the car is sorted out, those guys will give it a good, solid run.

DK
Old 4 Oct 2009, 18:44 (Ref:2554025)   #45
maz
Rookie

maz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
great thread